Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 08:29 PM

878 posts, read 941,871 times

Advertisements

Be a man. Get the vasectomy. You'll thank me later!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 08:34 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moogsy View Post
I have been with my girlfriend for about 8 months. We both hit it off from the beginning and are highly compatible people. Though there is one issue, a very large one, which is creating a lot of unease in the relationship for me. So much unease that I have been contemplating ending the relationship ever since she stated her opinion to me about it a month ago.

We discussed children, and what would she do in the event of an accidental pregnancy. She stated that if she were to get pregnant that an abortion is off the table and she would definitely keep the child. I am strongly opposed to having a child at this point in time because neither of us is even remotely financially able to properly care for a child, plus I do not want to have kids now, and possibly not ever, which I told her. If we were to have kids we should both be financially and emotionally ready to care for one.

Ever since she told me that if she did get pregnant that she would definitely keep the kid I have been making excuses to avoid sleeping with her. I immediately regretted having sex with her the two times we have done it since she stated her opinion on pregnancy. The small chance of getting her pregnant is more than I am willing to bear at this point in time.

I don't always use condoms, because she is on the pill, but she doesn't do a very good job of taking the pill at the same time everyday. I also have great difficulty climaxing with a condom on, so sex isn't very enjoyable for me if I use condoms.

Anyhow, I have strongly been leaning toward breaking up with her. I don't feel completely at ease having sex with her anymore. While I might be willing to continue the relationship without sex, I just don't know if it is a good idea for either of us. I don't know if it would be fair to her to completely withhold sex from her.

I am wondering what other people think. Should I just end the relationship or discuss this all with her and see if she wants have a sexless relationship? I fear she might say that she wants the relationship to continue, but she will be miserable because I will not have sex with her anymore.

Oh, and I have thought about a vasectomy. I am not 100% sure that I don't want kids a few years in the future, but I know with 100% certainty that I do not want kids now and that they would make my life completely miserable now.
I would suggest to her the option of having a Depo shot or a birth control implant (one that cannot be removed NOT an IUD) and BE THERE when it happens. That way she cannot "ooops" you.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-25-2013, 08:49 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Break up. "Dumping" her makes her sound like trash you want to be rid of.
Why be PC about it? guys get dumped all of the time.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:25 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I would suggest to her the option of having a Depo shot or a birth control implant (one that cannot be removed NOT an IUD) and BE THERE when it happens. That way she cannot "ooops" you.

20yrsinBranson

Or just don't date people you don't trust

Old 11-26-2013, 12:23 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Why are you even with her? 8 months is enough time to know if you love her and want a future with her.. If you don't then say goodbye, if you do then man up and deal with this. I suspect you don't, and are looking for an excuse to break up. Using a "what if" abortion scenario is about as about as pathetic an excuse as I've seen though so unless you want to be the weird guy forever think of something else. "I don't actually love her" for example.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:24 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
Dump her. You deserve better OP.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:44 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Why be PC about it? guys get dumped all of the time.
Ah yes, "PC." The derogatory word for making an effort not to be an *******.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:51 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moogsy View Post
. I also have great difficulty climaxing with a condom on, so sex isn't very enjoyable for me if I use condoms.

Seriously? It isn't fun even without orgasming inside someone? I almost never do (I won't take the risk even with a condom) and I LOVE sex.

You're playing with fire.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:56 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Seriously? It isn't fun even without orgasming inside someone? I almost never do (I won't take the risk even with a condom) and I LOVE sex.

You're playing with fire.
The stupid are breeding like rabbits and the intelligent aren't.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:01 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
20 mins and you're no closer to orgasm?!

Is that unusual?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships