Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 08:25 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,887,310 times

Advertisements

Married once. We'll be married 19 years this New Year's Day. Two awesome sons (13 & 11).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2006, 10:13 PM

363 posts, read 2,013,378 times
My sweet man and I are going on 15 years.... Married at 20 and six beautiful children later... one life is not enough time to spend with eachother. That's amore!

Old 11-22-2006, 12:12 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,319,868 times
What a wonderful thread!!! Congrats to all of you. And wow to the person who said 39 years!!!

OK. I've been married three times. My first husband died of food poisoning. My second husband died of food poisoning also. My third husband died from a brain concussion. He wouldn't eat his food.

Sorry, I had to say that. Anyway, my husband is my one and only. 33 years. YAY!!! Only 16 and a half years to go and it'll be our 50th anniversary.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:39 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,363,840 times
Wow its great to see people who are happy with their marriages. Me almost 4 I love my husband he is my best friend and I love our son 2 1/2 I am very lucky

Old 11-22-2006, 11:49 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,787,393 times
I am the baby I guess...
I have been married for about a year and a half. First marriage!

Old 11-22-2006, 12:30 PM

185 posts, read 311,656 times
I have been married once. Three daugthers (17,15 and 12). 18 years together. We didn't think about divorce then, and don't think about divorce now.

Tomorrow..., maybe, but today we can't imagine it.

I know that I can't speak generally because we're all in very different situations but, sometimes, I can't understand the easy way that nowadays young people have to face and solve the problems in the marriage.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:46 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,162,108 times
My husband and I have been married for 22 years. I have been married 3 times, first one ended in divorce 9 months later, his mom got to much in the picture, second one was for 5 years, he was into drugs and I didn't want that so I left, my now hubby, it has been a tough road because of his prior marriage of ten years, his ex wanted the divorce, she was seeing some one else. They had 3 boys who I treated like my own. We have one daughter together, who his ex has call retarded, and has done nothing but made our lives miserable, she has turned his boys against my daughter and I even though it is their half sister.
All because his ex is jealouse because I had the girl she always wanted. I guess if not for all of that we would have a great marriage. We have tried to move on, but now that their are grandkids, it is hard to do. Our daughter is only 12, and I guess his ex gets her kicks by running down a child, I think she is sick. I would not recomend marriage to some one who has a ex in there past like the one I have to deal with. She is into playing games and competition, I am into neither.

Old 11-22-2006, 07:44 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,955,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
My husband and I have been married for 22 years. I have been married 3 times, first one ended in divorce 9 months later, his mom got to much in the picture, second one was for 5 years, he was into drugs and I didn't want that so I left, my now hubby, it has been a tough road because of his prior marriage of ten years, his ex wanted the divorce, she was seeing some one else. They had 3 boys who I treated like my own. We have one daughter together, who his ex has call retarded, and has done nothing but made our lives miserable, she has turned his boys against my daughter and I even though it is their half sister.
All because his ex is jealouse because I had the girl she always wanted. I guess if not for all of that we would have a great marriage. We have tried to move on, but now that their are grandkids, it is hard to do. Our daughter is only 12, and I guess his ex gets her kicks by running down a child, I think she is sick. I would not recomend marriage to some one who has a ex in there past like the one I have to deal with. She is into playing games and competition, I am into neither.
Psssst...got any Italian mafia connections? If you by chance do... I can recommend a course of action ... This reminds me a bit of the situation my mom found herself in. She divorced my dad when I was 13. I didn't understand at the time the overall picture, but as I lived with my dad after that (my sister went with my mom), I came to understand why she had to go. My dad is a lying a$$hole who's claim to fame is how much he can manipulate anyone around him. His own family has cut him off, I haven't spoken to him since 1986, and my sister tried...she's got a big heart...but even she gave up about 5 years ago. My mom met and married a man who already had six children and his former wife had the family home in a nice area of Burlingame, CA. just south of San Francisco on the peninsula. He is long retired now, but he was an airline pilot for United and he did pretty well for himself. His ex (a Filipino woman) hated my mother (my mom is still, even at 64, a fine looking woman..her hair is still naturally red and she has enormous blue eyes, she's slim and in great shape, looks far younger, and she's beautiful). Two of my stepdad's boys (now men in their forties) lived with him when my mom married him in 1978 (28 years already! blows me away!) and my mom had to civilize them, including insisting my younger stepbrother take baths, etc. She rode them lovingly, but hard. Their real mother doesn't give a darn. Those two stepbrothers of mine adore and worship my mother, and my stepdad treats her like a queen...I grew to love him after it became clear to me that he truly loved my mother and I knew I could depend on him to protect, love, and cherish her. Otherwise, we are extremes apart in personality and there's little to share between us in common interests. But, I told him years ago that he was my hero for how he treated my mom and my sister. Anyway, the evil ex tried to inflict crap on my mom, but my mom is one tough cookie who puts up with no interference from moronic ex-wives. She put her quickly in her place and evicerated her one time they met and let her know that if she ever interfered in her marriage again she'd clock her so hard that the trip back to Manila would be free...and my mom meant it! No more problems

Last edited by MoMark; 11-22-2006 at 07:59 PM..

Old 11-22-2006, 08:36 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,162,108 times
Thanks for making my day, sometimes people have to be so hateful, yeah she seen how well I treated her kids, got jealous, and now has turned two of them against me and my daughter. My husband, why I don't know, has never stood up for me against his boy's, maybe fear of losing them, I really don't know, all I do know, is that it hurts me and my child, his daughter also, and he does nothing about it, so it has been a struggle.
I told him I plan on taking our daughter and moving out of state, because I can't take no more, I told him he could stay or move with us, so I don't know what his choice will be yet. By the way his son's are the ages of 32, 28, and 25, the youngest does treat me with some respect, for how long I don't know. I keep to myself, since I am tired of being the one getting hurt, and they all know I have a big heart that gets hurt pretty easily, along with a guilt complex from my husband. Sometimes I have asked myself, why have I stayed for so long, the only answer is low self-esteem. Not to bring anyone down, because of my life, just don't have anyone to really talk to and vent. If you know of someone that can put her in her place, go for it. She has called me, to others a town ***** and a drunk, I quit drinking back in 1985, and even back then it was social drinking, and I have never been a town *****, but I guess she has to make me look bad since she was the one cheating on her ex- husband. Sorry this is long but it feels good to get it out.
Thanks for the laugh, it is good to hear your mom came out on top, I hope the same happens to me. Have a good night. Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Psssst...got any Italian mafia connections? If you by chance do... I can recommend a course of action ... This reminds me a bit of the situation my mom found herself in. She divorced my dad when I was 13. I didn't understand at the time the overall picture, but as I lived with my dad after that (my sister went with my mom), I came to understand why she had to go. My dad is a lying a$$hole who's claim to fame is how much he can manipulate anyone around him. His own family has cut him off, I haven't spoken to him since 1986, and my sister tried...she's got a big heart...but even she gave up about 5 years ago. My mom met and married a man who already had six children and his former wife had the family home in a nice area of Burlingame, CA. just south of San Francisco on the peninsula. He is long retired now, but he was an airline pilot for United and he did pretty well for himself. His ex (a Filipino woman) hated my mother (my mom is still, even at 64, a fine looking woman..her hair is still naturally red and she has enormous blue eyes, she's slim and in great shape, looks far younger, and she's beautiful). Two of my stepdad's boys (now men in their forties) lived with him when my mom married him in 1978 (28 years already! blows me away!) and my mom had to civilize them, including insisting my younger stepbrother take baths, etc. She rode them lovingly, but hard. Their real mother doesn't give a darn. Those two stepbrothers of mine adore and worship my mother, and my stepdad treats her like a queen...I grew to love him after it became clear to me that he truly loved my mother and I knew I could depend on him to protect, love, and cherish her. Otherwise, we are extremes apart in personality and there's little to share between us in common interests. But, I told him years ago that he was my hero for how he treated my mom and my sister. Anyway, the evil ex tried to inflict crap on my mom, but my mom is one tough cookie who puts up with no interference from moronic ex-wives. She put her quickly in her place and evicerated her one time they met and let her know that if she ever interfered in her marriage again she'd clock her so hard that the trip back to Manila would be free...and my mom meant it! No more problems

Old 11-23-2006, 02:57 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,257,199 times
Yorkie-Mom,
What goes around, comes around. It may not help your current situation (I'm sorry you're going through what you're going through), but know that people don't just get away with things. Even if it looks like they are. Just rise above it all, be a bigger person, have the class she lacks, and just do what you've got to do to make your life better.

Your husband's ex will eventually come to a point in her life where she will have to face all that she's done and said. It may not be until her death bed, but it will happen. I don't want anything bad to happen to her or anyone. I'd much rather a person change their ways and make things right. So please don't think I relish the thought of something bad happening to her or that I want you to do that either. It's just the way things are. What you do and say comes back to you one way or another.

I wish you all the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships