Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 11:21 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
There are no mutual break ups. What happens in reality is one person decides to leave and the other doesn't fight them on it. This is not a mutual break up.. This is one person having dignity and deciding to let the other leave if they want to leave.

There are no mutual break ups.
Quote:
And I've seen a cross eyed dog. Big deal. It's not the norm and it's very rare.
Which is it? Is it not the norm are is there no such thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 12:15 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,630 times
Quote:
How much are you willing to put up with from a guy before you dumper him?
I dumped a guy for:

- having horrible, misbehaved, dirty pets and he wasn't physically fit, but a nice guy
- being a horrible kisser, having two young children under the age of five, pushing alcohol on me on our dates and he acted like an old man (was only 34 when we dated)
- not telling me what he did for a living
- doing coke, not living in my city full-time and was obsessed with strippers
- being a touring musician = no trust, never home
- being cheap and asking to borrow money from me
- having herpes
- being disrespectful in public and making me his dirty little secret (he was not married, but wanted to continue being a player)

I've been dumped for

- not drinking alcohol on a date and not putting out

Can't really think of more...I've done more dumping.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:14 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
When someone ceases to add to my happiness, I re-evaluate. If the situation is not fixable, I'm done.

Using the word "tolerate" though makes me twitchy - it implies that bad treatment or behavior would be accepted up to a point.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:43 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,983,727 times
Quote:
Please put your gender when you answer plus the number of people you dated and dumped.

MEN: How much are you willing to put up with from a woman before you dumper her? Also.. out of all the women you've dated, how many did you dump?

WOMEN: exact same question.

Please put the reasons you dumped the people you dumped.

This might be hard to believe but I dumped 100% of the women I've ever dated. This was not always because I no longer want to be with them or lost attraction. It was always because either their behavior changed for the worse.. or I could just tell it was over and decided to bail first. There was only one mutual break-up where the girl moved away. She is the only one I'm still on good terms with.
Quote:
There are no mutual break ups. What happens in reality is one person decides to leave and the other doesn't fight them on it. This is not a mutual break up.. This is one person having dignity and deciding to let the other leave if they want to leave.

There are no mutual break ups.
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the above yet?

In the original post, he stated he was in a "mutual break up" ... and then he argues there is no such thing as "mutual break up".

Old 11-26-2013, 02:57 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Which is it? Is it not the norm are is there no such thing?
There are no truly mutual break ups. The only exceptions are situational ones... Like my example in the OP. But you never have a situation where both people decide they want out at the exact same time. That is pure BS

Old 11-26-2013, 04:07 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
I've broken off with most of the women I dated - maybe 75%. The rest broke off with me. Mostly, they were incompatible in some important way, or a deal-breaker issue came to light.

Old 11-26-2013, 04:34 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
There are no truly mutual break ups. The only exceptions are situational ones... Like my example in the OP. But you never have a situation where both people decide they want out at the exact same time. That is pure BS
Why do you think that? Is it because you've never experienced it? I don't think I've ever really experienced it but I don't doubt that it happens.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
I dumped a guy for:

- having horrible, misbehaved, dirty pets and he wasn't physically fit, but a nice guy
- being a horrible kisser, having two young children under the age of five, pushing alcohol on me on our dates and he acted like an old man (was only 34 when we dated)
- not telling me what he did for a living
- doing coke, not living in my city full-time and was obsessed with strippers
- being a touring musician = no trust, never home
- being cheap and asking to borrow money from me
- having herpes
- being disrespectful in public and making me his dirty little secret (he was not married, but wanted to continue being a player)

I've been dumped for

- not drinking alcohol on a date and not putting out

Can't really think of more...I've done more dumping.
What do you have against alcohol?

Old 11-26-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Why do you think that? Is it because you've never experienced it? I don't think I've ever really experienced it but I don't doubt that it happens.
Why do I think that? A little thing called = Logic.

A mutual break up means two people making the same decision INDEPENDENTLY at the EXACT same time. Like two people calling each other at the exact same time and getting a busy signal. To say it NEVER happens is probably a stretch, but the frequency is so low that you might as well say it never happens.

As I stated earlier.. deciding you want to break up and having your partner agree is not mutual. Mutual means you both decided to end it at the same time BEFORE knowing the other person wanted out. Then deciding to break up on "Friday" without knowing the other person also decided to break up on Friday.

This almost never happens.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:39 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,802,378 times
Quote:
What do you have against alcohol?
I don't think not drinking alcohol on a date should be that unusual. First few dates I usually drive myself to the meeting place. I can't drive worth a crap if I've had even one drink. Plus it's empty calories... I rather enjoy dessert than a cocktail

But other people might have other reasons... recovering alcoholic, allergy, religious beliefs, etc. Some people might not like those reasons and hence break off the relationship. People have broken off relationships for all kinds of reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships