Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 07:06 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,983,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
If you doubt my statements.. then you must know better yourself. Please tell me where you're getting all YOUR "facts" from which you are using as a basis to question me.

If you prefaced your statements with ... "in my opinion" ... then I would have no issues with your posts.

But all you are doing is throwing your opinions around, and acting as if we are supposed to just accept them as facts.

I at least provided one survey which showed that mutual breakups are not so "rare" as you claimed.

And I seriously doubt you are a "relationship expert", given your history of "dumping" and "bailing" on your past relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 03:30 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
If you prefaced your statements with ... "in my opinion" ... then I would have no issues with your posts.

But all you are doing is throwing your opinions around, and acting as if we are supposed to just accept them as facts.

I at least provided one survey which showed that mutual breakups are not so "rare" as you claimed.

And I seriously doubt you are a "relationship expert", given your history of "dumping" and "bailing" on your past relationships.
If I said "All women are beautiful" without stating it as my "opinion" first.. would you ask for proof or question it? Would you tell me I'm stating my opinion as fact? I have a feeling you would NOT do that.

The reality is (as I stated earlier) you are only questioning my statements because you "don't like them" and for NO OTHER REASON.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
If I said "All women are beautiful" without stating it as my "opinion" first.. would you ask for proof or question it? Would you tell me I'm stating my opinion as fact? I have a feeling you would NOT do that.

The reality is (as I stated earlier) you are only questioning my statements because you "don't like them" and for NO OTHER REASON.
Again ... expressing opinion as fact.

People like you pretend to be "know it alls" and it becomes annoying to engage in conversations.

I recommend you learn to use the words "in my opinion" or IMO.

And when you want to argue something to be factual ... then back it with some sort of proof.

Provide us with a link to a research study, or anything other than simply repeating your own words over and over.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
its all about what is the deal breaker.
its not the same for everybody.
there must be some core values.
kindness to small animals and small kids.
no hitting or cheating.
basic stuff

Old 11-29-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its all about what is the deal breaker.
its not the same for everybody.
there must be some core values.
kindness to small animals and small kids.
no hitting or cheating.
basic stuff
I fully agree with the above.

And I would also add that each person in the relationship is an individual, with different needs.

If that person's relationship needs aren't being met, then it's time to discuss the issue with the boyfriend/girlfriend, and see if it can be worked out.

And if it's not resolvable, then simply agree with the other that the relationship isn't working out, and it's time to part ways.

There is no need to hurt the other person. Just accept that you both have irreconcilable differences, and agree to end the relationship, and move on with your separate lives.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:29 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,066,507 times
I used to make habit of being a doormat and being the "understanding one"...always trying to see things from someone else's perspective.

As I've aged I've gotten much less tolerant of bull****. Where I used to be afraid to rock the boat and argue..etc., now I don't care.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:39 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Again ... expressing opinion as fact.

People like you pretend to be "know it alls" and it becomes annoying to engage in conversations.

I recommend you learn to use the words "in my opinion" or IMO.

And when you want to argue something to be factual ... then back it with some sort of proof.

Provide us with a link to a research study, or anything other than simply repeating your own words over and over.
And who made you the authority on how to have a discussion?

All that matters is I know what I'm talking about and I backed it up with logic. If you can't grasp this logic then that's no one's problem but yours.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:02 PM

52,232 posts, read 52,648,334 times
I'm getting fussy as I get a bit older.

I don't think I could handle much nonsense in my life.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
And who made you the authority on how to have a discussion?

All that matters is I know what I'm talking about and I backed it up with logic. If you can't grasp this logic then that's no one's problem but yours.
Logic?

I think this below post of yours says quite a bit about you and your so called "logic":

Quote:
Funny thing is being the dumper didn't make me any less bitter. A good number of those women were eventually going to dump me anyway. Their crappy attitudes, lack of respect and loss of interest in sex with me made it clear I was either going to get dumped or be with someone who didn't respect me.

For me.. once the sex slows down I get suspicious. If it stops I know its time to leave. I still don't get why some men stay with women who obviously hate them.

I think a woman should treat her man like a king. I see this in the older generations but almost never in my generation.
In my opinion, this is one of the most "shallow minded" posts I've ever read.

Do you ever think about of how "the woman feels" and "her needs" in your relationships ... or do your relationships exist only to meet your own needs? (as you stated ... your woman should treat you like a king)

Perhaps if you treated them better ... they might also treat you better? Hmmmm .....

How about that "logic"?

And once again ... you think of yourself as a "relationship expert"?

Just one more question about your "logic" .... why would a so called "relationship expert" have SO MANY WOMAN who want to "dump him"?

Last edited by RD5050; 11-29-2013 at 05:32 PM..

Old 11-29-2013, 05:46 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,741,354 times
I most often am the one to end dating and always have ended relationships.

There are mutual break ups. One person can initiate the break up. But the other person can already be unhappy and hadn't chosen to initiate the break up yet. This has happened to me, when I was dating women a month or 2 and I knew I wasn't that into to it, but continued anyway. I figured I wouldn't be seeing them much longer, but they were the one to not return a call or decline an invitation. It wasn't a surprise and I wasn't very disappointed I wouldn't be seeing them again. I call it mutual, because it was what I expected and wanted soon anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships