Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 02:08 PM

39,195 posts, read 27,570,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokedindc View Post
Well, so you are going to use ONE example to generalize the country as a whole.

My relatives have been sent to the camp after pearl harbor. I don't see ONE muslim been sent to the camp after 911. Obviously, America has learned its lesson. Nobody is saint. Stop bi*ching already.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:08 PM

60 posts, read 47,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't recall I have ever "put you down", but I do recall that you put American women down.

If you do that, you do that, nobody can change your behavior. However, if you generalize and put others down, don't be all pissed off when others do the SAME to you. Double standard game playing is getting old, really really old.

Kindly point it out to me when and where and how did I "put you down." because of your race
Not you personally but your fellow Americans do it all the time to all the ethnic minorities, it's part of being American I guess. So don't take it personally and look at the bigger picture rather. If your media perpetrates belittling negative stereotypes on people like me purely on a racial basis and your fellow American patriots go on bad mouthing people like me on online forums and calling me names while walking down the street, don't expect me to love you or your nation in return.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:09 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,023 times
Quote:
Wow just one that a low number IMO

If you think every one is going to get along you need to get off the drugs.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:09 PM

76 posts, read 127,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
A week ago I went on a double date with a female friend of mine and her boyfriend and her friend she wanted me to meet. It was a blind double date. Well, on the way to the Vietnamese restaurant what does my friend tell me about her friend? "she really likes black guys."

I knew it wouldn't go over well. First, I am only half black. Second, I know from experience that when non-black women say "they like black guys," they mean they have a fetish for the stereotypical black thug type: prison muscles, wave cap, tattoos and he likes to dance and listen to hip hop and smoke weed.

I met this girl and it was the LONGEST DINNER OF MY LIFE. She was surprised that I'm short (I forgot, all men of African descent are tall ) Couldn't understand how I don't care for hip-hop and couldn't wrap her head around the fact that I speak proper English. Needless to say I didn't ask for her number.

Certain people have ethnic fetishes, i.e., they are attracted to the IDEAL of a race or ethnicity. When a white girl says she likes black guys, majority of the time she doesn't mean she wants an African American accountant named Thomas who is on the racquetball league of his local members-only athletic club, never misses a chance to see the local symphony orchestra and has always been a lover of Shakespeare. What she means is she wants the IDEAL of a black man: named "Tyrone," gets into danger, muscular, can dance etc.

I have a Honduran American friend who said the same thing to me: women say they want a "Latin man" but don't wont him because he's not a stereotype. He was born in America (as was one of his parents) can't dance to save his life and is less the "Latin Lover" and more of a foodie who plays the violin.

But there is a difference between having a FETISH for an ethnicity and just being ATTRACTED to them. For example: I find Asian woman especially attractive. Do I daydream about the stereotypical "submissive Asian woman"? No. I just like the way they look (which has to do with them often being my height or smaller ) I mean, yes, I think East Asian woman are good looking, but I need more than looks for a relationship. I went out briefly with a Thai-American woman and it wasn't any fetish for Asian women that attracted me to her but her intelligence and easy going personality (just don't get her angry...she's about as submissive as the Incredible Hulk when she's angry)

I may sound sexist, but I think its mostly women who have the ethnic fetish thing. Men don't seem to fantasize about the way some ethnic group will behave but are more interested in the way an ethnic group looks, but of course looks aren't everything.

From now on I'll stick with women who are OPEN to dating a half black man and not a woman who loves rap "music" and says she "loves black guys"

So two things...
1. These so called friends of yours sound like a**hats. If someone told me someone really likes my race as a qualifier to go on a date with me there is no way I would sign up for that. What a recipe for failure.
2. Any type of fetish isn't specific to one gender. You're stereotyping with that statement is just as annoying as your friends' is. I know plenty of guys that say they "love Asian chicks" or other similar crap statement like that and they are just as stupid as those girls you went out with.
How about trying to date people that have similar interests? Perhaps that's more important than your race.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:

My relatives have been sent to the camp after pearl harbor. I don't see ONE muslim been sent to the camp after 911. Obviously, America has learned its lesson. Nobody is saint. Stop bi*ching already.
I am not Muslim, so stop trying to associate me with being Muslim. I understand that you think everyone from my race is a Muslim since that's what you have perhaps been taught from your childhood but that's the case with everyone. I am agnostic anyway and wear no religious symbols of any sort, neither do I go around advising people on heaven/hell or whatever.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Wow just one that a low number IMO

If you think every one is going to get along you need to get off the drugs.
You prove your ignorance again, not a surprise to me though. I just quoted one example it doesn't mean that was the only example. There were a lot of racially charged attacks post 9/11 actually, carried by your fellow patriotic Americans like that guy in the article who called himself a true American patriot. However, I fear I have to post a lot of hyperlinks to link all those articles and I am not in a mood to spoon feed you with all the information. Google is your friend, you should perhaps try to use it sometime.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:14 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,023 times
Quote:

This guy is soft as bath tissue he need to grow a pair and stop crying. The OP acts like he on the Holocaust train in the 1930 and 1940s .

Old 12-04-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
This guy is soft as bath tissue he need to grow a pair and stop crying. The OP acts like he on the Holocaust train in the 1930 and 1940s .
Exactly. I know.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Ah so pointing out the truth instead of sucking up to your racist stereotypes implies that I am soft as a bath tissue, that's a new one. Thanks that was quite enlightening.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
You prove your ignorance again, not a surprise to me though. I just quoted one example it doesn't mean that was the only example. There were a lot of racially charged attacks post 9/11 actually, carried by your fellow patriotic Americans like that guy in the article who called himself a true American patriot. However, I fear I have to post a lot of hyperlinks to link all those articles and I am not in a mood to spoon feed you with all the information. Google is your friend, you should perhaps try to use it sometime.
So what?! I don't care there are 10 examples. One bad apple or several bad apples still don't represent America as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.