Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 05:27 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times

Advertisements

Despite being an avid gardener and mountain biker and not being afraid of dirt, another forum member summed it up best, I prefer to live in a sterile environment. I hate having things in my possession that I do not need, I hate receiving gifts I did not ask for, I hate being asked for what gifts I want. I have no wish to own souvenirs, one-of-a-kind graphic shirts, and drinking glasses that do not match the others in the cupboard. I refuse to keep kitchen appliances due to them taking up space on the counter. I keep a highly organized refridgerator and like to keep things there for the least time possible. I absolutely despise having dirty dishes in the sink, especially if they are stacked. The office desk must be clear after having finished any tasks requiring usage of the office desk. Every drawer in the house must be thoroughly organized. Clothes in the closet *and* the dirty laundry basket require that they be neatly folded so they take up the minimal space. I completely detest the popular concept of things such as socks mysteriously disappearing. Any fictional books I read are stored on an Amazon kindle and reference books (and binders) are organized by the Dewey Decimal System. I will be able to tolerate an occasional magazine left on the coffee table oriented in tilted manner but absolutely forbid having a disorganized shed/garage. Furthermore, given my experience in the bath room of a house that has a female resident, when I build my first house, I will request that a separate bathroom for her to be built in a way that I will not have to look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 05:48 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Oh god no.

I love my cluttered house and my pets. Between my long work hours and my severe ADD, cleaning is just something that happens when I get to it. Wouldn't be able to abide a neat freak.

But there are tons of women who are my exact opposite.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:54 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Hell no. I consider the absence of bugs to be clean and stop right there.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:57 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
I'm a minimalist but only because I don't need a lot of stuff and not because I don't like stuff. I'm not a neat freak but that's only because keeping things neat all the time would require work. The first characteristic eliminates the need for the second characteristic.

[keep it simple]

Old 11-27-2013, 05:59 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Hell no. I consider the absence of bugs to be clean and stop right there.
I have ants cruising through my kitchen from time-to-time.

[they are interesting to watch]

Old 11-27-2013, 06:00 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,312 times
No, OCD people and I do not mesh well together.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:12 AM

22,565 posts, read 47,614,734 times
I AM a minimalist... but I am nothing like the OP. I could not tolerate the OCD described by the OP.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
No, OCD people and I do not mesh well together.
I'm not OCD, though. I respect other peoples decision to live with clutter.
However, I tend to do my own thing in my own house. I just find neatness to be pleasant.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:13 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
I am like you Hurricane.....I need order in my house. I get pretty prissy and cranky when there is a mess. Now I have to ask about this bathroom thing because I'm not really seeing what the issue would be with sharing a bath with a woman.

My classroom is like that too. It is well organized and immaculate.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I am like you Hurricane.....I need order in my house. I get pretty prissy and cranky when there is a mess. Now I have to ask about this bathroom thing because I'm not really seeing what the issue would be with sharing a bath with a woman.

My classroom is like that too. It is well organized and immaculate.
When I lived with my legal guardians, there was a time where my bathroom had a roof leak. I had to use the bathroom of my legal guardians and the bathroom counter had lipstick, pills, razors, clippers, beauty products, and a bunch of other things scattered so that you could barely see what color the counter/sink was. If that's what a married woman's bathroom looks like, I am getting a separate bathroom.

It looked something like this

http://media.onsugar.com/files/ons4/...m3.preview.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships