Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 10:38 AM

236 posts, read 232,078 times

Advertisements

You're a troll.

Maybe this is best expressed in the form of a question. There are a lot of black men who prefer to date white women.

Are they racist and/or self haters?

I'm seriously out this time.

You are ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 10:40 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlontheirt View Post
That you probably have subconscious racial beliefs. You probably will choose a Jennifer Anniston in a beauty contest over a Sanaa Latham based on your subconscious racist beliefs.

Do you see why racial preferences are racist
Who cares?

Would also call the men who prefer black women over white women racists, too?

Old 11-27-2013, 10:41 AM

21 posts, read 25,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBanned View Post
Basically you have a belief that white people are more attractive than black people.

I'm calling the troll police. Nobody can really be this dense. If I had a racial preference (which I don't), it would be that white people are more attractive than black people TO ME. It's MY preference.

I wouldn't find people unattractive BECAUSE they're black, but BECAUSE I don't find them attractive.

What about this are you not getting?
You're also getting angry. They say that when people get angry when when someone calls them a racist, they are definitely racist.

Why get angry and disprove my point. If you were genuinely an open minded individual you would've tried to understand my point of view. See why you may have racist tendencies and work to correct yourself.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:42 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Er, no.

Racism, as it is historically understood, is the oppression of a group of people based on the color of their skin. It is also the conscious or unconscious animosity or hostility that one group might have for another. If one regards another race as inferior to their own, that's racism. If someone doesn't like blacks or X ethnicity simply due to their ethnicity, it makes them prejudice and a bigot, not "racist." Racist is a very strong word to throw around, and should not be thrown around willy-nilly.

I am a bi-racial woman, black and white. I primarily date white men. I am more sexually attracted to white men. However, I do find men of other ethnicities attractive. My father, in his adult years, almost exclusively dated black women. He likes black women, hence why he chose my mother and stepmom. My black uncles (mom's brothers) married white women.

I have always had a preference for white men, and not due to some sort of conditioning or indoctrination. I have grown up in ethnically and culturally diverse areas (Seattle, Nor and So Cal), so it has nothing to do with my environment or lack of exposure to different cultures or ethnicities.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:44 AM

21 posts, read 25,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marziale View Post
The OP is right - white supremacist ideas are ingrained in everyone's psyche, even in the psyche of nonwhites. Which is why even nonwhites have to have 'white' features in order to be regarded beautiful. So in the dating game, people's preferences are going to be determined by these white supremacist views, albeit subconsciously. So while this isn't explicit or blatant racism, it is still racism on another level. Maybe deep and buried, maybe subtle, but it is there.
Thank you

Old 11-27-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlontheirt View Post
You're also getting angry. They say that when people get angry when when someone calls them a racist, they are definitely racist.

Why get angry and disprove my point. If you were genuinely an open minded individual you would've tried to understand my point of view. See why you may have racist tendencies and work to correct yourself.
The thing is, I did. You are very much entitled to your point of view, as ridiculous as it is.

And I'm not angry, I would call it "bemused."

I just don't understand people who have this default victim mentality.

Call me a racist all you like, it really doesn't bother me. Your misguided opinion, as a total stranger on the internet, is worth its weight in horse flop to me.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:48 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Oh, and I would choose Sanaa over Jennifer any day. I don't find Jennifer Anniston to be what many claim her to be. I mean, she's attractive, but compared to others, nah, not my type.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:55 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
I can see this thread being closed soon. That said, there are attractive people in all races.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:59 AM

Actually I'd like to amend my statement. I am getting angry, but it's not because I'm a racist. Its because you are attempting to make people feel guilty or have something to be ashamed of in their dating preferences. You have absolutely no right to do that.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:02 AM

643 posts, read 917,498 times
I guess I kind of am racist. I am only attracted to latina, asian, middle eastern, and african women. I have never been much attracted or have ever wanted to get with white women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships