Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 10:53 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
There are different kinds of hurt. Sometimes pain in life can't be avoided. Sometimes we can't avoid causing it. We can do our best to be mindful of it when we do and that we do so as little as possible.

But really what I am talking about is the sever psychological pain that comes from abuses that are not ordinary to life (or should not be). People don't usually share those things if they have been through them. Sometimes a person can not even realize that they are angry.They get so used to the pain that it seems normal to them. I was that person for a great deal of my life. I recall the day when I suddenly realized that I was very pissed off and that I had been for a really long time. Because someone recognized the problem stuck aorund and let me know that it was okay to feel that way but that it was time to let it go. He really helped me to start understanding what was going on with me and how to start letting go.

The relationship was short but had a powerful impact on my life. He could have just walked away like so many others did but he chose to hang around a while and throw me a much needed life preserver. The thing is that not everyone is cut out to be that person. it isn't easy to be aorund someone like the person I used to be. But I am grateful every day that he did.

Also not everyone in that state is ready to receive that kind of help. I was ready and at a point that I knew I had a problem, although not what it was and so was open to the advice I received.

The OP needs to decide if 1) she is ready and willing to hear some truths that might help he change and 2) is he up for that challenge and able to be that person. And if he isn't, that's okay. It is not his job to fix her. Ultimately It is hers.
then you were very lucky. most people today don't have the time or patience to deal with other people issues. it would take a special person .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 11:14 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,453,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
There is this gal that I KNOW I can "get with". She has even made mention of it. BUT, she's so darn mean, I can't take that. I don't like MEAN people.

Have you ever met someone that you thought was cool but the attitude turned you off?
Every day.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:24 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Do you see the contradiction in terms here? "Cool" but "mean"? Anyone who's mean can't possibly be cool.

They can when you're in high school.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:20 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,589,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
then you were very lucky. most people today don't have the time or patience to deal with other people issues. it would take a special person .
Agreed. I am fortunate to have had a number of such special people in my life of late.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:22 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,482,998 times
She is not worth it.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:30 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
a pretty face, dont mean no pretty heart, i've learned that right from the start

Old 11-28-2013, 07:00 PM

194 posts, read 300,329 times
Quote:
There is this gal that I KNOW I can "get with". She has even made mention of it. BUT, she's so darn mean, I can't take that. I don't like MEAN people.

Have you ever met someone that you thought was cool but the attitude turned you off?
I know this girl who gets what she wants all the time, because she's fine. But for an angel she's a hot, hot mess, makes me so blind. But I don't mind.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:31 PM

134 posts, read 252,392 times
Quote:

attitude turn offs usually mean not worth it. those are the hot girls that some guys like to hook up with but if the guy is not careful and does not drop her first, they can quickly become your worst nightmare after they take the guy for all he has.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:07 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
I wouldn't think anyone mean was 'cool.'

Old 11-28-2013, 09:54 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Dumb advice. Don't nail anybody that you aren't prepared to send child support checks to for the next 18 years. And if she's as mean as the OP claims, that's not something he really wants to do.
Well, you obviously wrap it before you tap it! How is that dumb advice? Spermicide and a condom, never been known to fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships