U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 09:41 AM

236 posts, read 191,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
I'm just trying to keep the thread on track. What I do not want is a thread full of people trying to be "helpful" and telling me she's bad news and being judgmental.

I have my stuff under control, don't worry.
Hahahaha...sure you do. If you did, you would know how to handle it, which you haven't done for over a year now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 09:41 AM

448 posts, read 592,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Then don't come crying to us and looking for sympathy when she repeats this pattern of behaviour with another guy and dumps you. We can either make our own mistakes and learn from then or listen to other people and learn from them. If you wish to choose the hard way, go for it.
I don't see it that way at all. See I'm not looking for an indefinite long term relationship anyway.

I mean this girl is actually a nice person regardless of what people on here seem to think and she's really attractive. I wan't to see what she's like in a relationship and that's really the end of it.

I'm not the type of person that needs support when something goes wrong. If this blows up like you think it will (I don't but whatever), I'm not going to be upset about it.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Then don't come crying to us and looking for sympathy when she repeats this pattern of behaviour with another guy and dumps you. We can either make our own mistakes and learn from then or listen to other people and learn from them. If you wish to choose the hard way, go for it.
Ding ding ding again! You are hot today, girlfriend!!!

Old 11-28-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I don't see it that way at all. See I'm not looking for an indefinite long term relationship anyway.

I mean this girl is actually a nice person regardless of what people on here seem to think and she's really attractive. I wan't to see what she's like in a relationship and that's really the end of it.

I'm not the type of person that needs support when something goes wrong. If this blows up like you think it will (I don't but whatever), I'm not going to be upset about it.
Nice people don't actively keep feelers out when they're in an LTR. But hey, swing away, slugger, it seems like that's what you've decided to do anyway. Not sure why you even posted the OP in the first place as your mind is already made up.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:47 AM

If you were able to go out there and make better options for yourself, you wouldn't be giving this girl a second thought. Instead, you're hanging around waiting for the rotten apples that are easy to grab because they've fallen to the ground.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBanned View Post
Then, as I said, you are a fool. The harm will be when you get way more attached to her than she is to you, which is already the case, and she drops you like a hot rock. But we'll be here for you to reiterate what you did wrong when that happens.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Really, I don't understand people like you. I told you I don't agree with you, I don't want your input, and that means that whole discussion is pointless. Do you think you're going to change what I do if given the opportunity? You're not.

I could go into great detail about how you're wrong but I wont. I will say that I'm not more into her than she is to me and she'd let other people flirt with her and smile&wave but I'm the only person she's actually put effort into.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
You have no idea what you're talking about. Really, I don't understand people like you. I told you I don't agree with you, I don't want your input, and that means that whole discussion is pointless. Do you think you're going to change what I do if given the opportunity? You're not.

I could go into great detail about how you're wrong but I wont. I will say that I'm not more into her than she is to me and she'd let other people flirt with her and smile&wave but I'm the only person she's actually put effort into.
Translation: CD forum please give me your advice. When you don't get answers you like: I don't want your advice!!!You've got some hard lessons to learn, so get out there and learn them.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Nice people don't actively keep feelers out when they're in an LTR. But hey, swing away, slugger, it seems like that's what you've decided to do anyway. Not sure why you even posted the OP in the first place as your mind is already made up.
I wanted to see what people thought about her level of interest and if people see this as something that would result in us going out.

Like I said if this can work I will go for it. That's not going to change.

Maybe I should have put more detail in the original post but I wanted to keep it short. She wasn't really in a real relationship with the bf, I just call him that. They were not official and my understanding is that this was ok for her to do and I don't think she was doing any of this behind his back. I almost feel like their dating deteriorated into fwb until she called it off.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Translation: CD forum please give me your advice. When you don't get answers you like: I don't want your advice!!!You've got some hard lessons to learn, so get out there and learn them.
The advice your giving is useless and off topic. You might as well be telling me how to make jerky.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
If you were able to go out there and make better options for yourself, you wouldn't be giving this girl a second thought. Instead, you're hanging around waiting for the rotten apples that are easy to grab because they've fallen to the ground.
No, not at all. What the hell is your problem?

You're jumping to conclusions here and its making everything you say worthless.

No **** if I found someone better I wouldn't care about her, but you can say that about every single relationship. It just happens that she's close to me and in this position. I mean I've dated other girls in this time but for the most part I didn't like them when I got to know them better while dating them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or