U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 04:20 PM

8,018 posts, read 6,610,001 times

Advertisements

I don't know how to start this off but here I go.

I tried not to come on here today seeing as it is Thanksgiving and all but I failed. And to my unfortunate lack of surprise, nothing has changed here. Same ol' gender bashing, same ol' "looks and height are everything and they are the reason that I can't get a date or get laid."

Let's try something new, let's think of and name the things we are thankful for. Married people and those who are in relationships feel free to join, but this thread is mainly aimed at those who are single, and especially those who are single and unhappy about it. A little gratitude goes a long way when things get rough.

For those of you who are single remember that just because you are doesn't mean you aren't loved. You probably do have family and friends who care about you and would probably be heartbroken if you weren't here anymore and you probably care about them as well. Instead of focusing on the guy and girl you don't have, you should focus on what you do have, At least for today.

I'm thankful for being back home and seeing my family. Especially my one and a half year old niece who talks in her little baby language and can only say little three letter words like "Ice" and "Bye".

I'm thankful for getting to see my mom. For some time now I've been coming to grips with the fact that my mom may one day not be here. So I try to enjoy the days I have with her.

I thank my late father for instilling in us the importance of being a close knit family who is there for each other.

So what are you thankful for?

Last edited by Ro2113; 11-28-2013 at 04:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 04:29 PM

8,141 posts, read 7,651,133 times
Nice thread, I'll do my best to keep it positive.

I'm thanful for my big toe, it keeps me from tripping over my little toe.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:31 PM

33,373 posts, read 20,146,331 times
Great thread. Thank you for starting it.

I have a lot to be thankful for. (family, friends, special somebody)

Old 11-28-2013, 04:32 PM

8,018 posts, read 6,610,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post

Lol.. You don't need a big toe for that.

And thanks for responding.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post

haha and thank you for your nice words to me, I still remember the cute picture of you and your nephew.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:51 PM

1,361 posts, read 1,410,255 times
I am thankful for my family my folks, my sister my grandma, my uncle and auntie, my cousins and my nieces and nephews even the ones that are the devil incarnate.

I am thankful for losing ten pounds even though the thanksgiving meal destroyed all progress. lol

I am thankful for all the friends I made in college who I still keep in touch with.

In fact I remember one of best thanksgivings was when I was a undergrad I could not go home for thanksgiving so I stayed with a good friend of mine and his fiancee. Being broke undergrads we did not have a turkey but some steaks, dinner rolls, potatoes, and string beans sufficed just fine followed by late night gaming session.

Finally its good to thankful that I am still breathing.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:18 PM

3,319 posts, read 3,026,211 times
I am single, and over the last year plus I have felt very alone and very unloved.

Over this time I have learned - and sincerely hope others do - that being single does not mean people don't care (as the OP pointed out). I have been surprised at how many people DO care about me and others.

First, I am thankful for my daughter and SIL for taking me in when I suddenly had to move with no job and no where to plant my backside. They have been extremely patient while I looked for a job and then a place to live.

Second, I want to thank members here who supported me while I went through my breakup. I won't exaggerate by saying that I needed to be able to come here to write, get input and vent. My sanity thanks you, too.

Third, I am thankful for co-workers. Before I moved, my co-workers kept tabs on me and supported me. My new co-workers have volunteered to help me move. And when none of us are making a decent wage, I've had them want to buy me things for my place (having recently moved in). I had to explain that I would much rather they take their kids to see a movie, since there really isn't anything I NEED. But, it warmed my heart immensely. That feeling is priceless - worth more than anything anyone could buy.

I am thankful for P for himself reaching out for help. Because he reached out, and the helper in me wanted to . . . um . . . help, he actually ended up helping me. We have been "pen pals" since. The same goes with J. I don't know how that started but we have shared our broken hearts. And of course, there is Cowboy K. ; ) who loves to talk and has a sense of humor that has made me smile when I didn't think I ever would again. I am here to say that ARE good men out there. They even come in the form of moving guys who give hugs to emotionally unstable women. LOL

Lastly, I am thankful for my daughter's dogs who would give me a nudge to get me moving again, making sure that my steps were always in a forward motion.

I am alone this Thanksgiving in my house, but in my heart I am surrounded by folks that DO care.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:21 PM

I am very thankful for CDR. The great entertainment here makes my sports injury a little bit easier to endure.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:28 PM

17,867 posts, read 17,797,585 times
I'm thankful that my stomach ache is hurts less.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:46 PM

3,139 posts, read 2,180,458 times
I am thankful to my family, boyfriend, and close friends...all of whom show me continous love and support in a daily basis...I am thankful that I have a career that I love very much, and that although it is very stressful, that I can still leave work every day and know that I still have one of the best careers in the world (well, that's dependent upon who you ask )...I am thankful that I have food on my table, a warm, safe apt. to sleep in, and just peace and happiness in my heart, knowing that I am loved by God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships