Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 11:02 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin90 View Post
Nice shaming tactics.

Imagine if a man told a woman to "shut up and woman up". That man would be called a disgusting misogynist.

Welcome to modern society, where criticizing a woman is a horrible act, but criticizing men is perfectly acceptable. So much for equality.

Woman are the gatekeepers of sex. Woman also have many more birth control options compared to men.

Oh, get off it, "Kevin."

I'm the first one to call out women on here, too, and have no problem if men do it and the situation is warranted. Quit whining and playing the marauding man-savior and white-knighting your own gender.

That knucklehead SHOULD be ashamed of himself, acting like a two-year-old this way. In the OP's shoes, I'd have an abortion, but I'd also leave that animal--after hauling his arse into court and ensuring that he pays for the kids he already has.

As for the "gatekeeping" stuff, go spin that LP elsewhere. You won't find any FANS of it here.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:07 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
The responses in this thread would be unacceptable if the genders were reversed.
What does that have to do with it?? You said this thread is being used to bash the male gender. Show me where in this thread you see an example of misandry.
We're talking about ONE person....not the entire gender. He happens to be male.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:19 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
This thread should be closed. OP needs to figure life on her own. No one posting is going to help her financially or babysit the kids so let's all stop being keyboard advisers.

OP should consult with her immediate family.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:24 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
What does that have to do with it?? You said this thread is being used to bash the male gender. Show me where in this thread you see an example of misandry.
We're talking about ONE person....not the entire gender. He happens to be male.
The dice have been re-rolled. Again.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Read the first reply in this thread.

The husband did not do anything wrong, yet a MODERATOR is telling the OP to accuse him of murder, and he is also telling the OP to financially destroy him in the divorce courts.

The OP admitted that her husband never physically abused her, and he never verbally disrespected her.

This is a good example of the demonization of men in modern society.

It would not be acceptable to spew this much venom against a woman.
Again...show me where in this thread ALL men are being demonized in modern society?
Or, is it that you got a little too emotionally involved and yelled "fire" when there really wasn't a fire.
We are talking about ONE man who made poor choices. Why you insist on calling it misandry when someone points out his childish behavior is beyond me.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:39 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Read the first reply in this thread.

The husband did not do anything wrong, yet a MODERATOR is telling the OP to accuse him of murder, and he is also telling the OP to financially destroy him in the divorce courts.
Are you under the impression that the moderators speak for the rest of us, that they are our representatives or something? They are individuals who happen to have their own opinions on matters such as this. This particular moderator you're referring to, I agree they were wrong. But to use that against all the other points made in this thread in favor of the OP is intellectually dishonest and for that you should be ashamed.

Not because you are a man (check my screen name) but because you are not being very rational on this particular topic. This is not about men vs women, but one man who refuses to take his share of the responsibility for the pregnancy vs a woman fighting just so she can take her share of it.

Quote:
The OP admitted that her husband never physically abused her, and he never verbally disrespected her.
That he refuses to take his share of the blame for the pregnancy and in fact blames her only = much disrespect indeed!

Quote:
This is a good example of the demonization of men in modern society.
BS. It's a good example of people tackling the issue head-on, rather than going off-topic about how men are sometimes misjudged, as you are doing. If you would like to argue that this man is being misjudged by the majority of posters here (or even more than the one moderator you quoted earlier), then please show us exactly where they have done this and we can discuss it. No one here is saying anything against men in general. No one.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:50 AM

13 posts, read 10,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Are you under the impression that the moderators speak for the rest of us, that they are our representatives or something? They are individuals who happen to have their own opinions on matters such as this. This particular moderator you're referring to, I agree they were wrong. But to use that against all the other points made in this thread in favor of the OP is intellectually dishonest and for that you should be ashamed.

Not because you are a man (check my screen name) but because you are not being very rational on this particular topic. This is not about men vs women, but one man who refuses to take his share of the responsibility for the pregnancy vs a woman fighting just so she can take her share of it.

That he refuses to take his share of the blame for the pregnancy and in fact blames her only = much disrespect indeed!

BS. It's a good example of people tackling the issue head-on, rather than going off-topic about how men are sometimes misjudged, as you are doing. If you would like to argue that this man is being misjudged by the majority of posters here (or even more than the one moderator you quoted earlier), then please show us exactly where they have done this and we can discuss it. No one here is saying anything against men in general. No one.
There is no positive/constructive discussion in this thread, it's just endless "man up" rhetoric and the demonization of a man who did nothing wrong.

There are countless examples of undeserved venom spewed against the OP's partner. The first reply in this thread is a good example of this. I never implied that he spoke for everybody on this forum.

Like I said previously, people in here are acting as if the OP's partner committed a horrible crime. The OP admitted that her partner never physically attacked her, and he didn't even verbally disrespect her. He became angry because his partner was suddenly having an unexpected child, and I think that is how a normal man would react.

It's best to think through this rationally, rather then using the easy method of putting all the blame on the man.

The responses in this thread would not be allowed if the genders were reversed. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy and bias on this forum.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:55 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
There is no positive/constructive discussion in this thread, it's just endless "man up" rhetoric and the demonization of a man who did nothing wrong.

There are countless examples of undeserved venom spewed against the OP's partner. The first reply in this thread is a good example of this. I never implied that he spoke for everybody on this forum.

Like I said previously, people in here are acting as if the OP's partner committed a horrible crime. The OP admitted that her partner never physically attacked her, and he didn't even verbally disrespect her. He became angry because his partner was suddenly having an unexpected child, and I think that is how a normal man would react.

It's best to think through this rationally, rather then using the easy method of putting all the blame on the man.

The responses in this thread would not be allowed if the genders were reversed. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy and bias on this forum.
I don't see how this is a man bashing thread.

It is a particular man bashing thread. Get the difference??

The guy is acting like a complete douche bag, blaming the pregnancy on her, what, he didn't insert his you know what in????

Like I posted earlier was it immaculate conception???

Having sex is like playing Russian roulette to a degree, all birth control isn't a guarantee, things happen.

For him to blame her and her alone is beyond childish... men don't do that, men accept their side of things.

If you want to whine and say that's maning up, well.... it is what it is.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:58 AM

13 posts, read 10,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't see how this is a man bashing thread.

It is a particular man bashing thread. Get the difference??

The guy is acting like a complete douche bag, blaming the pregnancy on her, what, he didn't insert his you know what in????

Like I posted earlier was it immaculate conception???

Having sex is like playing Russian roulette to a degree, all birth control isn't a guarantee, things happen.

For him to blame her and her alone is beyond childish... men don't do that, men accept their side of things.

If you want to whine and say that's maning up, well.... it is what it is.
Do you think it would be acceptable on this forum to have a thread dedicated towards bashing one particular woman?

No, it would not be acceptable. The people in that thread would be accused of being misogynists.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Do you think it would be acceptable on this forum to have a thread dedicated towards bashing one particular woman?

No, it would not be acceptable. The people in that thread would be accused of being misogynists.
There have been PLENTY of threads bashing individuals for their poor choices.

Why are you so hell bent on making this a misandry/misogyny issue??? You have issues if that is how you always view the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships