U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 05:25 PM

2,954 posts, read 5,974,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
He's mad about selfies because you can hold it at certain angles that make you look much slimmer and make your boobs look bigger than they are.

What amazes me is that there are guys who go online thinking that women who look like Kate Upton are just waiting for them to discover them.
LMAO!!! Truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 05:55 PM

3,415 posts, read 5,168,550 times
Selfies are not usually better, because they are too close, so the picture is going to be distorted.

If I were to internet date, I'd get a decent quality camera with a timer and take a couple casual pictures at home. I don't take many pictures of myself to have enough recent not to take some self pics.

Old 11-29-2013, 07:54 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,132,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I have to admit, I take points off for men with selfies. Bathroom mirror selfies are the WORST. and what is up with taking selfies in the CAR? Do you want to convey that you spend all your time there? And of course, SMILE! If your teeth aren't great, please smile anyway. And don't put several versions of the same photo/pose, as if you couldn't decide which is the best one.

And don't put up a photo of yourself with a stuffed animal on your head. It does NOT make you look witty.

Heavens, if your camera doesn't have a timer, go to a mall or city street and ask a random stranger to take your photo as if you are a tourist. Repeat until you've got one you like.

THIS^^^.

Also, take off the hat and sunglasses. I can't see you otherwise.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:05 PM

748 posts, read 1,365,706 times
I say...don't be so shallow and base every thing on some thing as silly as a "selfie" picture. There are many important things to a real relationship and looks or selfie pictures are not that important, that is if you want a REAL relationship. By judging someone over something so silly as a "selfie picture" before you get to know them, you may be passing up on a lot of really good potential mates. I would think the kind of person they are far outweighs a "selfie picture". I would think a person how don't do drugs, has no criminal record, is a good person, and that "clicks" with you would be far more important. With that attitude, it's no wonder your single, shoot you judge them before you even get to know them or really see them.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:32 PM

28,322 posts, read 17,999,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Last time I gave my camera to to get a pic taken, they ran off with my camera. No joke.
OMG. That sucks.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 11-30-2013, 11:31 AM

812 posts, read 667,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
I say...don't be so shallow and base every thing on some thing as silly as a "selfie" picture. There are many important things to a real relationship and looks or selfie pictures are not that important, that is if you want a REAL relationship. By judging someone over something so silly as a "selfie picture" before you get to know them, you may be passing up on a lot of really good potential mates. I would think the kind of person they are far outweighs a "selfie picture". I would think a person how don't do drugs, has no criminal record, is a good person, and that "clicks" with you would be far more important. With that attitude, it's no wonder your single, shoot you judge them before you even get to know them or really see them.
I hear what you are saying and agree that other things are more important , but if your pics are obviously quite old IMO its not worth my time and if you have ALL selfies it shows you are most likely one of the following- , embarrassed about dating online, are lazy ( possibly still in a LTR ) , are not good enough with a computer to upload a photo and get it online = a dead end for most anyone that talks to you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or