Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 08:19 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
She is as close to a saint as you can get. As you can get but she definitely is trying put a square peg into a round hole on this one.
So why are you sticking around and wasting her time? In your OP, you referred to someone you've been with for at least a year as "this girl." Your entire attitude is generally disrespectful. Claiming she's "a saint" in this past doesn't hold water, it's obvious the respect isn't there. When you live with somebody who is close to their family, you on occasion suck it up and deal with it, even if their level of closeness is distasteful to you. If you don't like it, date someone who is similar to you from a social standpoint and also not close to her family.

I only read as far as the quoted post, though...maybe in the further pages of this thread, you'll be broken up, fingers crossed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 08:27 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
My God. How clueless can a person get?

Guess what? You marry the woman, you marry her family. I cannot believe that you are a real person, because nobody could possibly be this totally self-centered.
I think the same thing just about every time I read one of his posts.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:31 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
You are clearly with the wrong person, and hopefully for her sake, she realizes that, now. You should really be with someone more like yourself, but you probably wouldn't like that person very much.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:38 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I think the same thing just about every time I read one of his posts.
One day she'll snap and leave him. Then he'll author some thread with a convoluted theory on how awful women are.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:30 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
OP, why do you not like to be touched?

Old 11-30-2013, 11:51 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
I'm not mad that she hosted her family for Thanksgiving at our place. I'm annoyed that she didn't just tell me so I can have a chance to leave. This is just as much her house as it is my house. So I would have like for her to say "Hey, I'm hosting my family here whether you like it or not." That's all that could have been said. I wouldn't have objected and I would leave the house for that time. I'm quite disappointed that she lied to me by telling me she was leaving to travel to her parents' place again. She even made it believable by packing bags like she was staying overnight. She really did the most and I don't appreciate it.
You sound just like my dad. He'll do anything to avoid family gatherings with my mom's relatives, including leaving his own house when he knows they're coming over. lol

Old 11-30-2013, 02:38 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OP, why do you not like to be touched?
I don't mind a handshake but when people want to hug you all of the time or put their hands on you like a shoulder for example. It just annoys me. I like my personal space. Her family doesn't care about such a concept. That's why I don't like being around them. If that makes me a villain then so be it.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:40 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
I don't mind a handshake but when people want to hug you all of the time or put their hands on you like a shoulder for example. It just annoys me. I like my personal space. Her family doesn't care about such a concept. That's why I don't like being around them. If that makes me a villain then so be it.
I'm the same way. Don't touch me.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:10 PM

37 posts, read 42,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I'm the same way. Don't touch me.
I need 5 cc's of dopamine, stat!

Old 11-30-2013, 03:59 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,743,495 times
Quote:

I can understand the discomfort of socializing with people you don't like for a few hours. I think you should agree to see her family for christmas. But you should also tell her family how you don't want to be touched beyond a hand shake and if the get into your business about having kids and getting married, tell them that is not open for discussion. They may act all offended, but you have a right to set boundaries and it's not worth avoiding them if you will lose your gf over it. If they don't respect you wishes and insist on continuing to be touchy feely and get in your business, then that is harassment and you are free to stay away from them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships