U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-24-2007, 07:31 PM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,163 posts, read 7,463,475 times
Reputation: 1384
Default Follow your heart, feel the beat

Have you ever felt your heart telling you something?

Sometimes you choose not to listen and end up regreting it.

I won't enter into the details of why I wrote this because I don't want to bore my fellow forum members with a super long thread

But to make a long story short, I had a very strong intuition about a person and because of external influences of life I met somebody else who put a lot of pressure in me to become her boyfriend, I did it and decided not to listen what my heart was telling me, the fact that this special person lives in another country had something to do with it, along with the pressure, but there was something wrong, I knew it, I felt it, but I decided not to listen, a long time passed more than 2 years, and then suddenly one day it hit me! This happened when I traveled to this country and saw her again, we've always been friend, nothing else, but just a conversation we had was a shock

Then my heart told to me you are not living your dreams man, you are living someone else's dreams, you are making a terrible mistake, because even though you love and want nothing but the best for that person, she's not for you and you have to love yourself too, loving others starts loving yourself, this made me finish a 2 year+ long relationship, we ended it with light, with no grudges, knowing that the time we were together was a blessing and we remained friends, it was a bit sad though but it had to be like this.

The voice of my consciousness keep telling me in different ways follow your heart man, don't give a deaf ear, have faith let love guide you and that's what I did, I don't know what'll happen though, but who cares.

Love is the strongest force in universe, nothing can go wrong!

Follow your heart, believe in your intuitions about the persons you meet, your heart is telling you those things for a reason!

Heavenly father, please bless me so I can choose properly who will be the person that will share her life with me according to your perfect laws of soul unity

Luv and lighty!

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-24-2007 at 07:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Status: "Count your Blessings" (set 26 days ago)
 
Location: Capitan, NM
7,064 posts, read 11,295,817 times
Reputation: 3323
ALWAYS, follow your heart and go with your intuition.
Peace to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2007, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Tucson
42,851 posts, read 51,225,654 times
Reputation: 22714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Have you ever felt your heart telling you something?

Sometimes you choose not to listen and end up regreting it.

I won't enter into the details of why I wrote this because I don't want to bore my fellow forum members with a super long thread

But to make a long story short, I had a very strong intuition about a person and because of external influences of life I met somebody else who put a lot of pressure in me to become her boyfriend, I did it and decided not to listen what my heart was telling me, the fact that this special person lives in another country had something to do with it, along with the pressure, but there was something wrong, I knew it, I felt it, but I decided not to listen, a long time passed more than 2 years, and then suddenly one day it hit me! This happened when I traveled to this country and saw her again, we've always been friend, nothing else, but just a conversation we had was a shock

Then my heart told to me you are not living your dreams man, you are living someone else's dreams, you are making a terrible mistake, because even though you love and want nothing but the best for that person, she's not for you and you have to love yourself too, loving others starts loving yourself, this made me finish a 2 year+ long relationship, we ended it with light, with no grudges, knowing that the time we were together was a blessing and we remained friends, it was a bit sad though but it had to be like this.

The voice of my consciousness keep telling me in different ways follow your heart man, don't give a deaf ear, have faith let love guide you and that's what I did, I don't know what'll happen though, but who cares.

Love is the strongest force in universe, nothing can go wrong!

Follow your heart, believe in your intuitions about the persons you meet, your heart is telling you those things for a reason!

Heavenly father, please bless me so I can choose properly who will be the person that will share her life with me according to your perfect laws of soul unity

Luv and lighty!
Absolutely! That cliche "butterflies in your stomach" is your body's way of telling you "danger ahead"... And yet we all want it, don't we... IMO you don't get this feeling often (if at all) with decent people or shall we say people who are good for you. It's quite ironic. Seems like the only way to have a happy and peaceful relationship is to have it with a person you're not attracted to too much because (as you'll see at the bottom of my post) he/she is actually the worst for you, bringing up the worst in you. Some call this "being taught a lesson"... but who wants to learn lessons all your life... There's no doubt, though, that until we learn those lessons, we'll keep attracting and being attracted to the same teachers. Frankly, after many "lessons," I've come to believe that if you realize what you're doing wrong and yet are unable or unwilling to change, it's best for everybody (yourself included) involved to just stay away from serious relationships...

Butterflies in the stomach is most often experienced prior to important events, when stress is induced, but can be experienced in situations of impending danger.

Butterflies in the stomach « Shenipsit Lake Longing

It is important that you listen to your gut if you are having doubts about getting married.

Your gut may be telling you something. A 2001 test based on an analysis of hormone levels could give a good indication of which couples are doomed to have failed marriages.

A team from Ohio University spent ten years developing the test which looks atlevels of the hormones epinephrine (adrenaline), norepinephrine, ACTH, and cortisol. These chemicals are involved in the process of preparing the body to deal with confrontation.

Taking samples from 90 married couples and then going back ten years later, the scientists discovered that levels of three out of four of the hormones were consistently higher in couples (19 percent) who divorced.


Listen to Your Gut Before Getting Married

WomensWallStreet.Com - Topics

“According to Dr. Harville Hendrix in his book “Keeping the Love You Find” chemistry or infatuation is actually an attraction to a person who combines:

- “The worst traits of our parents or childhood care takers to
infatuate us;”
- “The negative traits that infatuate us and we possess but deny in
ourselves;”
- “The traits that we find infatuating but have been repressed in us
by our upbringing;”
- “The infatuating traits that society denies our gender.”

Is It About Sex - A blog on sex and sexuality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2007, 01:26 PM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,163 posts, read 7,463,475 times
Reputation: 1384
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Absolutely! That cliche "butterflies in your stomach" is your body's way of telling you "danger ahead"... And yet we all want it, don't we... IMO you don't get this feeling often (if at all) with decent people or shall we say people who are good for you. It's quite ironic. Seems like the only way to have a happy and peaceful relationship is to have it with a person you're not attracted to too much because (as you'll see at the bottom of my post) he/she is actually the worst for you, bringing up the worst in you. Some call this "being taught a lesson"... but who wants to learn lessons all your life... There's no doubt, though, that until we learn those lessons, we'll keep attracting and being attracted to the same teachers. Frankly, after many "lessons," I've come to believe that if you realize what you're doing wrong and yet are unable or unwilling to change, it's best for everybody (yourself included) involved to just stay away from serious relationships...
Like you said, strong lessons I learnt whew!

But let me tell you that it was a very special relationship and I felt attracted to the person, she just arrived in the worst possible moment (I wonder why God plays those games with us? )

I met this girl just after falling in love for another person, imagine how strongly I fell that I was willing to risk everything and move to another country to give it a shot, and my ex girlfriend arrived just when I had everything planned, we felt some attraction though and had some affinity as well, but since the beginning I told her, look please understand me I like you but I don't want a compromise I'm not ready for that because I want something else of my life, first she told me that she understood that it was ok, that she wasn't looking for a compromise either, but yet she used all her resources to trap me LOL, and I fell in the trap, what was the lesson I had to learn? that sometimes in life you have to be strong, to believe in what you feel and have faith, one of the reasons I fell in the trap was because I thought, hmmmm well this girl is real while the other one is someone I met for less than 30 minutes, maybe (insert your favorite name here) is right, ok let's be together all this time I forgot about this girl, I told her I had a gf now and that it was better to follow different ways, me and (insert your favorite name here) lasted together for more than 2 years!! it was a strong and powerful relation, we learnt a lot from each other, we always respected each other, and were great friends, but there was a part of me that screamed listen to me!!!! I refused to listen for all this time, and I only felt strange, like if something wasn't ok, well then fate brought me back to Brazil, and after being some months far away from (insert your favorite name here) I finally woke up, first I even felt like a bad guy because I thought hmmm I love (insert your favorite name here) but I've never felt that overwhelming feeling that I felt for the other girl, this made me decide to seek her again and all these feelings woke up after we met for another 30 minutes at the airport then I thought Gawd it's beyond me, love can't be understood by reason can it? then I had a chat with God and my consciousness and I realized, that I never felt a bad energy for having these thoughts, however the right thing to do was to be honest to myself and to (insert your favorite name here) and tell her that we should remain as friends only, she understood and we are friends now, that's a true blessing!

You know? I can resist evil, but love is something that beats me, that's another lesson I learnt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2007, 01:57 PM
 
12,579 posts, read 11,016,037 times
Reputation: 7173
I'm sorry, but I just have a bit of a problem wishing you well...what about the other women who you say put pressure on you to be her boyfriend? So because you couldn't say no, now this gal is going to be heartbroken...and I won't wish you well, b/c I'm assuming you are an adult...and your supposed to be concerned for the hearts of otehrs, regardless if you felt pressured or not, you shouuld have said NO...right?

I'm sorry but this is irresponsible...on your part and unfair...so now, what are you going to do to break this off with the other girl so you can run into the arms of the one you say you felt you should have been in the first place.

Love is
caring for the hearts of others
taking full responsiblity for your mistakes
being honest


sounds to me as if you've not even given the one your about to gilt any consideration....

also, pretty convenient for you, since the other girl lived in another country?

Please, correct me if I'm wrong....

Creme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2007, 02:10 PM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,163 posts, read 7,463,475 times
Reputation: 1384
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm sorry, but I just have a bit of a problem wishing you well...what about the other women who you say put pressure on you to be her boyfriend? So because you couldn't say no, now this gal is going to be heartbroken...and I won't wish you well, b/c I'm assuming you are an adult...and your supposed to be concerned for the hearts of otehrs, regardless if you felt pressured or not, you shouuld have said NO...right?

I'm sorry but this is irresponsible...on your part and unfair...so now, what are you going to do to break this off with the other girl so you can run into the arms of the one you say you felt you should have been in the first place.

Love is
caring for the hearts of others
taking full responsiblity for your mistakes
being honest
sounds to me as if you've not even given the one your about to gilt any consideration....

also, pretty convenient for you, since the other girl lived in another country?

Please, correct me if I'm wrong....

Creme
Man I appreciate your honest reply, but you'd have to be in my shoes, I tried to break up several times before, but my ex girlfriend always convinced me, and this was even before I saw this girl, I just felt that there was something I didn't like, I felt like in a trap, and I felt that I wasn't being honest to myself, because I was forcing me to love and be with someone, I did it all this time because loving is exactly what you said.

Quote:
Love is
caring for the hearts of others
taking full responsiblity for your mistakes
being honest
And that's what I did, my ex gf wanted a life that I didn't want, and I felt forced to live that life, I tried to break up with her several times but we always got back and tried to work it out. But somehow I thought it was wrong, we lasted all this time because I really wanted to try it.

And like I said, my mistake was not being strong and saying no, it took me 2 years to learn that lesson and it was hard.

But you know, you are right in a way, I'm not perfect and I make mistakes, this has been a really difficult thing to me, I'll be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2007, 02:13 PM
 
12,579 posts, read 11,016,037 times
Reputation: 7173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Man I appreciate your honest reply, but you'd have to be in my shoes, I tried to break up several times before, but my ex girlfriend always convinced me, and this was even before I saw this girl, I just felt that there was something I didn't like, I felt like in a trap, and I felt that I wasn't being honest to myself, because I was forcing me to love and be with someone, I did it all this time because loving is exactly what you said.

And that's what I did, my ex gf wanted a life that I didn't want, and I felt forced to live that life, I tried to break up with her several times but we always got back and tried to work it out. But somehow I thought it was wrong, we lasted all this time because I really wanted to try it.
It was wrong...on your part, to continually go back to her...especially when you knew, it wasn't right....and when you went back to her, were you intimate with each other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2007, 02:14 PM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,163 posts, read 7,463,475 times
Reputation: 1384
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It was wrong...on your part, to continually go back to her...especially when you knew, it wasn't right....and when you went back to her, were you intimate with each other?
I don't think is right to give much details, but I'm a more spiritual person than a physical person my ex gf is too.

And it was a strong relationship, we shared a life you know, and I was never unfaithful to her, not even in thought.

That's why we remained good friends.

But man, honestly, this was already a hard lesson, all what you tell me is something I learnt the hard way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2007, 02:28 PM
 
12,579 posts, read 11,016,037 times
Reputation: 7173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I don't think is right to give much details, but I'm a more spiritual person than a physical person my ex gf is too.

And it was a strong relationship, we shared a life you know, and I was never unfaithful to her, not even in thought.

That's why we remained good friends.

But man, honestly, this was already a hard lesson, all what you tell me is something I learnt the hard way

wull man, honestly, for the sake of the next woman, I hope so....

be it you remained friends or not, jumping from one woman to another is not healthy, physically or mentally....

I'm sorry to burst you luv bubble, but someone has to tell you like it is...

It's not nice to hurt others...
man....????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2007, 02:34 PM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,163 posts, read 7,463,475 times
Reputation: 1384
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
wull man, honestly, for the sake of the next woman, I hope so....

be it you remained friends or not, jumping from one woman to another is not healthy, physically or mentally....

I'm sorry to burst you luv bubble, but someone has to tell you like it is...

It's not nice to hurt others man....????????
It is true, this fact kept me 2 years with that person, 2 years! but it was killing me, and you know i'll be really honest, even before meeting this woman or deciding to meet her, I was already telling my x gf that after being alone in Brazil I was seriously thinking about our relationship and that she should do the same, then we broke up, and were thinking what to do, after this happened I thought ok, I need to see this person ,I really need to I saw her and that convinced me that things happen for a reason.

And believe if it had just been another woman, anybody could have been it, but no, this is the reason I started this thread.

If my intentions would be to do what you said, I would have kept contact with this girl all the time, but since the day I formalized my relationship with my ex, I told her that we shouldn't keep touch, we didn't talk or had any contact for all this time, and I decided to see her when I already had broken up, but I hadn't decided yet if I was going to break up definitively or not.

And believe me it was really hard to break up, the fear of hurting her kept us together 2 years, imagine being with someone for fear of hurting her and not for love? I decided the longer we remained together, the worse and more painful breaking up would have been, now imagine if we had remained together, married and had kids.

And think about this, many couples break up holding grudges, complaining about things, etc we didn't, we forgave each other for all our mistakes and decided it was the best

was it a mistake to accept the compromise, maybe, i'm not so sure because we taught each other valuable lessons, and trust me I really followed the compromise 100% even that one month after we became a couple, and after 2 months of knowing each other, barely knowing each other, I had to go to Brazil and I was here while she was there, as soon as she finished her college education she came with me to Brazil, and lived together for almost 2 years, then we got back at Mexico, and remained together for 10 months more.

Things happened too fast, way too fast, it should have been better if they had happened more slowly and if we had more time to know each other before, even with that it worked for a long time, that was a blessing

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-25-2007 at 03:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top