Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 02:40 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,525 times

Advertisements

I think I'd rather have a woman that smacks me around occasionally than one that is constantly depressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 04:05 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I think I'd rather have a woman that smacks me around occasionally than one that is constantly depressed.

A buddy of mine went through that.
He thought so as well.....

Until it happened to him.
And then the next gf hit him a couple times also.

He doesnt joke about it anymore.

Big dude too, kinda like you. And he had about 200-300 gf's. So he wasnt desperate. Certainly was a dark time for him.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:48 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,037 times
Chris brown is an abuser and I don't think that's stopped him for Getting girls.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:55 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
You're not worse.

The men who abuse women don't get women because they are abusive. They sometimes get women despite being abusive.

Abusive people are master manipulators. They seek out people with low self-esteem and are skilled at playing mind games that lead their abused partners to feel responsible for their own abuse. Abusers can also appear very charming, attentive and loving at times. This can make the abused partner stay in the relationship in the hope that likable person will reappear and, hopefully, stay.
Exactly, and it's fair to say that women who are attracted to abusers are not quite mentally healthy. On the other hand, it is asking a lot of a mentally healthy woman to choose to be with a man dealing with depression. It's not anyone's job to keep him from drowning in his own illness.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:18 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,782,798 times
Maybe all the OP needs is some good luck. It's amazing what even a little bit of good luck can do for depression.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:32 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
Maybe all the OP needs is some good luck. It's amazing what even a little bit of good luck can do for depression.
I'm not a "lucky" person. I wouldn't count on getting lucky. Every good thing must be worked for.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:32 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
A buddy of mine went through that.
He thought so as well.....

Until it happened to him.
And then the next gf hit him a couple times also.

He doesnt joke about it anymore.

Big dude too, kinda like you. And he had about 200-300 gf's. So he wasnt desperate. Certainly was a dark time for him.
Haha yeah I was semi sarcastic

Dating a debbie downer sounds pretty effin miserable too.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:00 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Haha yeah I was semi sarcastic

Dating a debbie downer sounds pretty effin miserable too.

I try my best to hide my mood.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:13 PM

645 posts, read 1,275,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Uh.....you REALLY think women would prefer a man who smacks the **** out of them?

Trust me, no matter how low you seem to think of yourself, you are such an infintly better man then a women beating scumb bag.

Those women who stay with these jerks, are either: (unfortunatly ->)too scared, or too stupid to leave them.
I beg to differ. Battered women generally deserve the men they get. Move a battered woman into your home. Within a few months, you'll fully understand why she got slapped about because you'll want to do it as well. In fact, we should stop locking up men who beat them. What we're doing is taking all the battery men out of circulation and then the battered women have to find a non violent man and turn him violent because all the good punchers are in jail. Birds of a feather flock together and a bad relationship is rarely the fault of just one person. Stop believing what the media and wealthy elite are selling you because it's damaged goods.

TheHurricaneKid, you do not want a woman from an abusive relationship. It's all most of them understand. I've seen quite a few of the "poor little battered women" who came from abusive relationships. All they did was ride their men berating him in front of his friends, family, and in public. No man seemed to make them happy, and they were extremely violent. They picked fights continuously, and when their man wouldn't give them a good crack that they wanted, they'd just go find a man who would.

Whenever you're down on yourself for being single, the best way to ensure that your personal "I'm a loser" war within yourself continues will be to focus on what people around you appear to have and you don't. For example, "I'm a loser and the proof is that even men who slap women have romantic relationship." I'd suggest looking at things for what they are, which is unknown. For example, just because two strangers in public look happy doesn't mean they are. If I see a man or woman using mean spirited words towards their partner in public, it doesn't mean that's how their relationship is all the time. I'm at the point where I largely don't even focus on strangers in public. I'm aware of them, their actions, and what's going on with them, but I do not personalize it.

Many people you're assuming to be in relationships may in fact not be. Most of the women I've been anyplace with in public over the past 15 years have been my friends and they're not romantic interests. People seem to do a lot of assuming. For example, several of my college friends were 20 - 25 years my junior. When I took these girls out shopping, to eat, or hung out with them on occasion, the people waiting on us always assumed that they were my daughters, girlfriends or something we weren't. Sometimes people said stuff to us as though we were a couple when the bottom line was that we were just two friends from school.

Instead of seeing bad relationships as good because any relationship is better than none, start thanking yourself for not letting a bad woman abuse you. Instead of focusing on couples and assuming that they're all good, tell yourself that they may not be a couple, not all relationships are good, and in today's 'Merika, at least half the women you see in pubic will just leave you within two - five years. The odds are stacked against you as a man. It might help save you from the bad women out there. Despite what the gynocrats are going to tell you, it's not all the man's fault. There are just as many bad women out there as men. Wouldn't you rather be single and awaiting an encounter with a decent woman, or would you rather just focus on getting a woman and any relationship is better than none?

Good luck to you,
bolillo

Last edited by bolillo_loco; 12-04-2013 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: No Rhodes scholar here

Old 12-04-2013, 11:36 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I can't understand why I am worse of a man than the abusive men I know/hear about that have women. These women may not be perfect, but neither am I, and being lonely at the end of the day sucks no matter how many friends/acquaintances you have.
You know I think you're groovy, Hurricane, but these threads are getting old. Go see a counselor already. Please, if for no other reason than this constant negativity is going to guarantee that you will remain lonely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships