Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 03:47 PM

18 posts, read 24,997 times

Advertisements

Many men are hurt from getting rejected after mustering up the courage to ask a woman out, and putting himself and his embarrassment on the line.

After the man bows out gracefully and leaves, and finds a dark hole in the wall to piece himself together, the woman remains unscathed, perhaps even empowered by the fact someone liked her and she had the power to reject them. (I've seen threads on here boasting of such things)

Anyway, based on the fact that women reject men all the time, that's a lot of hurt feelings they generate.
Does the karma of the hurt dished out by their actions ever find it's way back to them?

Personally, I don't believe in karma, but many do. If so I'd like to know others opinion about karma in this circumstance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 03:49 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times
Is this a serious question?

If someone doesn't like you or is not interested you feel that there should be some kind of bad fortune for that person because they declined an invite for a date???

Sheesh, GTF over it

Old 11-30-2013, 04:23 PM

709 posts, read 1,129,921 times
Every gender gets their opportunity to be "important". For women its between ages 18-30 when they are hot and sexy. For men its between ages 28-40 when they are mature and successful.

All the young cute women rejecting men now will be rejected themselves in later years or via divorce, getting cheated on, etc.

With that said.. women don't deserve "karma" for rejecting men they are not attracted to. They have no obligation to date anyone. Also.. in most cases they are just minding their own business and leaving men alone. Men are not entitled to her time just because they approach them.

Think about panhandlers and other people on the street who approach you and try to get something from you. Its annoying and I'm pretty nasty to those people. So I assume women feel the same way when a man they are NOT attracted to tries to talk to them.

This is why I don't get mad when women I approach are rude to me. I get it.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:37 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofybean View Post
Many men are hurt from getting rejected after mustering up the courage to ask a woman out, and putting himself and his embarrassment on the line.

After the man bows out gracefully and leaves, and finds a dark hole in the wall to piece himself together, the woman remains unscathed, perhaps even empowered by the fact someone liked her and she had the power to reject them. (I've seen threads on here boasting of such things)

Anyway, based on the fact that women reject men all the time, that's a lot of hurt feelings they generate.
Does the karma of the hurt dished out by their actions ever find it's way back to them?

Personally, I don't believe in karma, but many do. If so I'd like to know others opinion about karma in this circumstance.
stalin , idi imin , pol pot

all died in their own beds

that's what I think of karma

Old 11-30-2013, 05:32 PM

330 posts, read 544,875 times
Rejection´s not that big of a deal, really. The worst thing you can do is not try because then nothing will change. So you might aswell just be bold and ask. This has gotten me a lot more things than it's lost me.

I do believe in karma but not in a superstitious way. I see how positivity will bring you more and negativity will take away from you.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:41 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,423,099 times
If you are secure and confident in yourself rejection isn't generally going to phase you much. Insecure and lacking confidence and it will.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:29 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,436,394 times
Women - especially unattractive women - get rejected too. I have been rejected because I am not traditionally attractive. Certainly it hurt when I was younger, but that doesn't mean I wished "rejection karma" on any of those men. Geez.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Ain't karma a b*tch?

Old 11-30-2013, 08:33 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
So - because I've pretty much always had a boyfriend and therefore rejected every guy who has hit on me - I should be punished by karma? Yeah, okay.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:35 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
No.

Even from the most harsh rejections I've had to get through, but forced me to back out from approaching and dating, it does not create some type of bad karma because she/he rejected that person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships