Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 09:55 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,091 times

Advertisements

Well your question is flawed right out of the gate here. "Trailer park" implies a negative connotation. Everyone knows this. Then you go on to describe a setup most of us would enjoy. I have a motorhome valued at $325,000 and it rivals most modern homes built today. It's a luxury penthouse on wheels and most women who enter it for the first time and speechless. So do I think most women are turned off by luxury Rving? No! Do I think most educated sophistated, modern women would date a guy living in a true trailer park, IE in a mobile home? No, I do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 10:50 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Silliest question ever. I really don't care where a guy lives. I have my own effin' house, and I take care of myself because, you know, I'm an adult. My only financial requirements are that a guy be able to take care of himself and doesn't spend too stupidly.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:10 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Interesting question. The OPs example and some of the others demomstrated examples that were outside of the stereotypical poor Trailor person. I lived in a couple of trailor parks when I was right out of highschool that could be described as working poor or lower middle class followed by a couple of apartments that will probably a step down from the trailers. Even though I had that experience, I do find myself applying the typical stereotype when I hear it.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:14 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
Trailer park people have money and they got cash money. They don't spend it on anything and they like to buy stuff with their own money.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:27 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,141,570 times
why does the scene from trailer park boys involving **** jugs come to mind?

Old 12-01-2013, 11:30 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Silliest question ever. I really don't care where a guy lives. I have my own effin' house, and I take care of myself because, you know, I'm an adult. My only financial requirements are that a guy be able to take care of himself and doesn't spend too stupidly.

What if he does not have any money to spent and is in poverty ? The good news is for me i am going back to college so i can get out of poverty . I woman wants a guy that can support a family or at least help bring home the bacon.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:03 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
why does the scene from trailer park boys involving **** jugs come to mind?
Why does every scene from Trailer Parks Boys come to mind in this thread?

Old 12-01-2013, 01:20 PM

832 posts, read 1,417,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Arrow View Post
I was discussing this stigma with a work friend of mine. I never really actually thought about it but yes I could see how it would be hard for him. Personally, I'd try to put the fact off as long as possible.

Now I admit trailer hood can mean many things. Could mean a pop-up pulled by your Gremlin or in his case, a $75,000 fifth wheel pulled by a $50,000 rig fully paid off. Guy has cash and mostly blows it on multiple vacations and traveling. Now he could buy a house tomorrow but just hasn't found the right girl to settle down with. I laugh and tell him because he lives in a trailer! In all seriousness, I envy his life. I haven't been thinking full blown trailer but smaller house and traveling more.

Should he buy a house to improve his "settling down" potential from women? He is 33, single, no kids.

What would your first impressions be? How much stigma we talking here?

I would think if a guy has a house = responsible, an apartment = getting his life together, a trailer = ????. What do women say?
As a female, I'd say "pass". Not because of the trailer etc.

I would feel terribly guilty being the female that caused him to end his good times when clearly, he doesn't want to, or he would have already.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:15 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
What if he does not have any money to spent and is in poverty ? The good news is for me i am going back to college so i can get out of poverty . I woman wants a guy that can support a family or at least help bring home the bacon.
That's cute. I can support a family on my own if I decide to have kids. I'm not into fancy stuff, and my earning power grows every year. As I said, I require that a guy be able to handle his own expenses. Beyond that, I really don't care. From a material perspective, I would rather be with a guy who could do repairs on my home and car than a guy who earns big bucks at a desk job - so much less hassle and stress when you've got someone right in your home who can handle the expensive repairs that are sometimes necessary on a house. I tend to date guys who are handy. And I really don't care where they live.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:59 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
"If men could get laid in cardboard boxes, they wouldn't buy houses." --Chris Rock
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships