Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 10:05 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Alphas use women when they're young and in their primes while women settle for the beta providers when their older
What choice do the Betas have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 10:10 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Alphas use women when they're young and in their primes while women settle for the beta providers when their older
I really shudder to use the terms alpha and beta, but there comes a time when these cocky young guys (your "alpha" term) grow up, mature, calm down (your "beta" term) so it turns out they're likely the same person at different life stages!

Old 12-01-2013, 10:16 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by technev View Post
I recall reading in a thread here, a woman said, 'Dont call me hon.'

The guy apologized quickly. Is it gentlemanly behavior? Of course, it is. It is very sweet and sensitive.

But there's one problem. An alpha male would not have done that. Far from apologizing, he would have shown her the middle finger. And in so doing won her approval. That is strength, although the world may call it arrogance etc.

That's the difference between alpha and beta. Alpha takes without asking, beta waits for permission.

So, alpha males act like whiny little children and refuse to apologise, and betas have the confidence to acknowledge their mistakes and treat others with consideration without damage to their self esteem?

Looks like I had it all backwards, all these years. Betas are the top dogs, and alphas are the spineless losers. Who woulda thunk it?

Old 12-01-2013, 10:17 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:

The guy apologized quickly. Is it gentlemanly behavior? Of course, it is. It is very sweet and sensitive.

But there's one problem. An alpha male would not have done that. Far from apologizing, he would have shown her the middle finger. And in so doing won her approval. That is strength, although the world may call it arrogance etc.

That's the difference between alpha and beta. Alpha takes without asking, beta waits for permission.
That was me.

I don't care about alpha male BS anymore basically because I'm old and I'm looking for a serious relationship.

If a woman wants a manly man who is unapologetic, oozes masculinity, and is going to beat the crap out of any guy at the bar who calls her 'hun', then she can look elsewhere. Chances are, that woman wouldn't be talking to me in the first place anyway.

There is some validity to your argument though. Women do not like passive guys. Passive guys suffer like you would not believe in this world.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:22 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:

No, "new member," giving someone the finger will not win approval. It will make the person doing it look like the douchebag he is.

Any more brilliant observations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Oh God, more of this alphabeta bull****? Why don't you just go to the OTHER thread? FFS.
Or another forum entirely. One more age appropriate. I suggest Scarleteen. It's popular with ninth-and tenth-graders. OP will fit right in.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:30 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
That was me.

I don't care about alpha male BS anymore basically because I'm old and I'm looking for a serious relationship.

If a woman wants a manly man who is unapologetic, oozes masculinity, and is going to beat the crap out of any guy at the bar who calls her 'hun', then she can look elsewhere. Chances are, that woman wouldn't be talking to me in the first place anyway.

There is some validity to your argument though. Women do not like passive guys. Passive guys suffer like you would not believe in this world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No, "new member," giving someone the finger will not win approval. It will make the person doing it look like the douchebag he is.

Any more brilliant observations?

Or another forum entirely. One more age appropriate. I suggest Scarleteen. It's popular with ninth-and tenth-graders. OP will fit right in.

Funny. These posts fit well with the Urban Dictionary def. of the Alpha male.

Quote:
The alpha male is an act that is performed by males usually in their teens and twenties who act tough, are loud, and have to be the center of attention or they feel insecure. When a man is successful and in his thirties he no longer acts this way because he has grown up and realized that the entire alpha male act is phony. When was the last time you saw a rich, successful man try to pick a fight??? Never. The only guys that do this are the losers that go to bars to take their anger out because they are angry inside for going nowhere in life.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:36 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What choice do the Betas have?
Date better women.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:47 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Having spent my adult life dating guys who most would characterize as alpha males, I can say with certainty that the OP is full of crap.

The guy I call my favorite ex - the one who had women and men fawning over him wherever he went - was the mildest mannered man. Friendly, charismatic, outgoing and terribly, terribly confident.

I would say he ALWAYS asked - because he knew that whatever he wanted would come to him eventually. And it always did.

True alpha males are not douchebags. Douchebags are the guys who aren't even betas, who try and fool other people into thinking they are alpha males.

Based on the OP's post, he thinks all rapists are alpha males. Nice.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:49 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Date better women.
That's a luxury some may not afford.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:54 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
That's a luxury some may not afford.
I guess, but it's a pretty defeatist attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships