Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much accuracy when judging a woman's sexual behavior from basic appearance? (Read post #1.)
No accuracy 28 58.33%
Slight accuracy 10 20.83%
Moderate accuracy 5 10.42%
High accuracy 5 10.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 09:15 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It would be a mistake to make assumptions based on whether women from a conservative religious culture are conservative in their sexual behavior if they do or don't wear head coverings, etc. Are you aware that some Saudi women have their chauffeurs take them cruising to pick up men? And you can't assume a woman without a traditional head (or other) covering would be less conservative in her sexual behavior.
No, I hadn't heard that, but in a society where an extremely religious group is the minority, women wearing the garb are very likely to be true believers and to sexually behave as expected. Exceptions for some young women still living in their devout families of origin.

Sometimes you can judge a book its cover, and even if people think it's nonsense, they'll do it to others and be subjected to it themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 01:28 AM

Stumbled upon this tonight. It's amusingly inflammatory...
24 Signs She’s A ****
and it also rings true to me and many men. He's very observant. It goes to show that little things can add up to big impressions. Albeit going by only the visual cues, its reliability probably is limited.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:41 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Not the clothes. Not the makeup. Not the walk.

How boyish their figure is, is perhaps the only "scientific" sign (low waist to hip ratio).

The best sign in a relationship? How intimate you are in non-sexual ways.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:16 AM

The denial flows like the river. The "Married with Children" Kelly Bundy character - does anyone think the modern, real-life version of that would insist on waiting until marriage?

Also, I wouldn't expect any accuracy from WHR.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:25 PM

24 posts, read 20,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
No correlation IMHO.

My friend and I, back in the day, would have fun with this. Looks-wise she was more on the hot/naughty side, me on the cute/innocent end. We would dress the same, classy, not slutty, and see what happens.

I would end up with the classier guys and she'd end up with the ones who just want sex. We'd even change up our looks, I'd dress more provocatively, her more demure. Same result.

It seems as though men think hot women means easy sex, cute women are more for dating. BTW, she was a virgin until she married because she believed that's how it should be. Me, I love sex and have it when I want.

I personally love that people misjudge me. It gives me the upper hand. And besides, it's fun shocking men who think I'm innocent.
I went to a baseball game with a tanktop and cleavage and a group of fans(2 guys and 1 girl) were heckling me saying to each other I was "asking" for it, so I flaunted the jewelry with logo of a neighboring opposing baseball team at them and that REALLY shut them up!! LOL :-) They knew that if they drew more attention to it, the other fans and stadium guards would come over to wonder why quiet "little ol' me" was being harrassed by a bunch of hooligans! The other fans who were close by who were attracted by the goings on didn't care and many of them were pretty amused I stood up against the idiots. :-)

Old 12-06-2013, 07:11 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
No correlation IMHO.

My friend and I, back in the day, would have fun with this. Looks-wise she was more on the hot/naughty side, me on the cute/innocent end. We would dress the same, classy, not slutty, and see what happens.

I would end up with the classier guys and she'd end up with the ones who just want sex. We'd even change up our looks, I'd dress more provocatively, her more demure. Same result.

It seems as though men think hot women means easy sex, cute women are more for dating. BTW, she was a virgin until she married because she believed that's how it should be. Me, I love sex and have it when I want.

I personally love that people misjudge me. It gives me the upper hand. And besides, it's fun shocking men who think I'm innocent.
I agree - no correlation... I look sexy and I like sex... LOL. My friend and I used to do this experiment also, except I've been told I have that "sexy" look - whatever that is. My friend is this cute, petite Catholic girl with freckles and dimples. BTW, I am Italian and she is Irish. She could get away with dressing provocatively and it was "stylish" and if I tried it, it could come across as way too sexy.

I never dressed too provocatively, but was approached too often. It got to the point that I starting wearing baggy clothes that obscured my figure so I'd be taken more seriously. My fun was shocking my guy when he figured out I had a pretty good body under all those demure clothes.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:13 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,021 times
Some men assume a lot. They are wrong.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:33 AM

527 posts, read 600,217 times
I've seen dumber polls than this one, but...No, never mind, actually...Now that I think about it, this is actually the dumbest poll I've ever seen.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:07 AM

728 posts, read 1,898,904 times
I've been proven very wrong when I assume how a person is sexually just by their appearance. I once thought this girl I dated with all the tattoos would be a freak in bed but she was totally timid and on the opposite end of the spectrum I've dated the church going librarian type that left me weak and wobbly after our sexual romp.

Just can't judge a book by it's cover is all....

Old 12-07-2013, 09:36 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
I've been proven very wrong when I assume how a person is sexually just by their appearance. I once thought this girl I dated with all the tattoos would be a freak in bed but she was totally timid and on the opposite end of the spectrum I've dated the church going librarian type that left me weak and wobbly after our sexual romp.

Just can't judge a book by it's cover is all....
Finally, a guy who knows real women (as opposed to theoretical women) and is grounded in reality!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships