Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 08:15 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,364,413 times

Advertisements

Sort of a spin off. Another poster made mention that most men prefer a nice body over a nice face. Is this really true?

I would say, as a woman, I prefer a nice, symmetrical face over what is seen as a "hot bod." I am not interested in obese men, but have dated men who carry around a few extra pounds. I prefer average to fit builds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 08:18 AM

809 posts, read 1,272,712 times
The fatter a dude gets, he need to offset it with money.

Otherwise, be fat and ugly and still hung like Ron Jeremy

Old 12-02-2013, 08:26 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Sort of a spin off. Another poster made mention that most men prefer a nice body over a nice face. Is this really true?
Not for me. In fact for me the whole idea of "ranking" things in order of preference simply does not gel or make any sense to me. I do not "prefer" any aspect of my partners. It is a package thing - all inter-dependant.

It would be like walking up to a sound guy - who has the biggest sound table you have ever seen - and asking him which EQ knob he likes turning up the most. Clearly you do not change knobs in isolation and changing any one usually requires you change others to match and mix.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:55 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,511,169 times
I alwayas just take a wild guess that most of these "Which would you prefer?" threads are posted by people that almost never actually go out on dates. When I was younger and dating, I never thought about these things. If someone interested me, I asked them out. Looking back at all the girls I dated or were interested in, I can say there was usually one common theme among them all -- they wre all artistic in some way -- writers, poets, photographers or painters. This tells me I was attracted to them intellectually. Some of them were tall and thin, others were short and plump. Some had long hair, others had short hair. It makes me suspect that people who dwell on what "type" they like (or even what "type" they think they are) probably won't find a lot of sucess dating.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:04 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,847,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I alwayas just take a wild guess that most of these "Which would you prefer?" threads are posted by people that almost never actually go out on dates. When I was younger and dating, I never thought about these things. If someone interested me, I asked them out. Looking back at all the girls I dated or were interested in, I can say there was usually one common theme among them all -- they wre all artistic in some way -- writers, poets, photographers or painters. This tells me I was attracted to them intellectually. Some of them were tall and thin, others were short and plump. Some had long hair, others had short hair. It makes me suspect that people who dwell on what "type" they like (or even what "type" they think they are) probably won't find a lot of sucess dating.
Actually I think the OP is a woman who does quite well.

Your post is somewhat condescending. Of course I don't care about looks that much. Of course I ask out women I have things in common with. Do I even have to recount how many times that I have been having a nice flowing conversation with a woman and we had similar background, things in common, etc, asked her out and got rejected? It's happened a lot.

And I have no doubt that the women you dated/married have rejected many men who they could have shared a plethora of riveting conversation with because they were not physically attractive.

The truth is that looks matter to people. These threads just figure out how much importance people place on what in general. I think they are somewhat useful.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:21 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,511,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Actually I think the OP is a woman who does quite well.

Your post is somewhat condescending.
Good. I was hoping that came out.

And, really, I wasn't responding to this OP as much as I was the many similiar "Which do you prefer?" posts we have seen here lately. I just happened to use tis thread to get my rant on.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:30 AM

102,179 posts, read 107,754,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I don't remember anyone saying this. If this were true, the term "butterface" wouldn't exist. Men are drawn to a pretty face like moths to a flame, whether there's a hot bod to go with it, or not.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,364,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't remember anyone saying this. If this were true, the term "butterface" wouldn't exist. Men are drawn to a pretty face like moths to a flame, whether there's a hot bod to go with it, or not.
It was stated in the Shallow thread.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:19 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,620,176 times
Most guys I know, including my own dad, tell me a nice face is more important...not to say a nice body ISN'T important. I think given the choice, a lot of guys would pick a nice face and an average or subpar body, versus the other way around. People can often improve their bodies, but changing the face is much harder.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:50 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,139 times
face is most important, although the body can be a deal breaker. I see women all the time who would likely be attractive if they lost a bunch of weight due to their facial features standing out more. Too much blubber on the face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships