Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 09:36 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

But go on to say that men who aren't having success should lose weight, gain muscle, get better clothes, whiten (and/or straighten) teeth, wear cologne, get a good haircut, shave, smile more, etc.

All of those things are about how a man appears to a woman, not his personality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 09:41 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
In your case, your excess weight is affecting your personality. You're getting depressed about it. And I don't think it's women who have been saying "build muscle", it's other men. As for "better clothes", as I recall, you were the one who first raised the issue that the clothes you choose to wear don't fit in with the styles in your environment.

idk, Kid. You ask people for help, then you give them a hard time for offering advice? I'm sure you could find women just the way you are (minus the depression). You've provided evidence, in fact, that women are attracted to you. So...do whatever you want. Somehow, though, we get the impression that your current state isn't making you happy. That's why people give you a variety of suggestions.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:45 AM

52,264 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I'm the last person to recommend therapy and/or drug therapy, but I think you should seek out some professional help.

I'm not being snarky here, I think you need to talk to a professional.

You've got some serious things you need to work through and you're a young guy. I wouldn't want to see you waste your life.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:51 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
In your case, your excess weight is affecting your personality. You're getting depressed about it. And I don't think it's women who have been saying "build muscle", it's other men. As for "better clothes", as I recall, you were the one who first raised the issue that the clothes you choose to wear don't fit in with the styles in your environment.

idk, Kid. You ask people for help, then you give them a hard time for offering advice? I'm sure you could find women just the way you are (minus the depression). You've provided evidence, in fact, that women are attracted to you. So...do whatever you want. Somehow, though, we get the impression that your current state isn't making you happy. That's why people give you a variety of suggestions.
For some odd reason I got a compliment on my suit and hair style by some woman recently. Normally it would make me happy, but it somehow didn't.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:51 AM

328 posts, read 466,326 times
Because most women have seen men leave a decent woman with a personality to chase some airhead chick. Wishful thinking that the phrase may sink into men's heads?

Old 12-02-2013, 09:57 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
But go on to say that men who aren't having success should lose weight, gain muscle, get better clothes, whiten (and/or straighten) teeth, wear cologne, get a good haircut, shave, smile more, etc.

All of those things are about how a man appears to a woman, not his personality.
Showing a better outward appearance is not about trying to be eye candy to women. It is about projecting your personality to others through visible means.

Being in shape, well groomed, sharply dressed, etc, shows others that you respect yourself enough to not look like a slob, are willing to work hard to make yourself healthy, and put in the effort to give a good first impression because you desire others to have a good impression of you.

As Ruth says too, doing all that can also have a positive effect on how you see yourself, which is also reflected in how others perceive you and your personality.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:58 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
For some odd reason I got a compliment on my suit and hair style by some woman recently. Normally it would make me happy, but it somehow didn't.
Well, see, you're automatically discounting the positive feedback you get in real life. Not a good sign. You're undermining yourself.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:04 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
Quote:

(women aren't exactly excepted here, a woman with a terrible boring personality will only take her so far)

To further illustrate my point, have you never met a woman who was physically a 10 or 9 and lose attraction to her based on how boring she was or just generally horrible personality? I have anyway.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:07 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Quote:
You should do all of those things for yourself if that's what you want. If you're happy with how you look and feel, you don't need to do anything. It's true that if you display a good outward appearance you'll get more positive attention.

You're stuck inside your head way too much. Get away from the computer a little bit and just try to enjoy yourself. You seem like a good guy, so I hope you start feeling better.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:10 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Looks are extremely important to women dont listen to the poltically correct answers you get on here..

People are as shallow as their options..If a women on here says looks dont matter shes either bsing or if its true more then likely its because she cant afford to be picky about looks and isnt turning down male 9's or 10's she just cant get them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships