Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 01:15 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times

Advertisements

Independence.

I tend to be a do-it-myself girl and I find that causes problems in relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 01:23 PM

253 posts, read 655,094 times
Being single = being as OCD as I like without anyone getting upset. (all dishes must be washed, clean sink and stovetop, no clothes on floor, seat on toilet will always be down, clean toilet and bathtub, etc..) Eating whatever I like whenever I like (ie. breakfast at 12, dinner at 8-9pm.) Working for hours on whatever projects I want and not be bothered to pay attention to another's needs. (ie. art projects) YEAH.. those were the days.

Am dreading the day my boyfriend of of 2yrs is planning on moving in.. He's a pretty good sport so far and has not gone insane with all my rules around the house. (please don't break my house, costs too much to fix things..) But not exactly feeling 100% there. Haha. I may be the only female that really don't like to co-habitate or even consider marriage.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:23 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbradleyc View Post
Peace and quiet.
Exactly !

I also like having the freedom to pick and choose when to be bothered with a relationship; sometimes relationships are too much work with too little reward, and ain't nobody got time fa dat !

Being single means I can choose to be in a regular/local relationship (not exactly my strong suit); I can choose to be in a friends-with-benefits relationship (I like the flexibility and freedom they offer); I can choose to be in a long-distance relationship (flexibility and freedom, again); I can choose to do a drive-by (short-term, intense relationship); or I can choose to be alone (alone does not mean lonely – I love peace and quiet above all else; I actually like spending time with myself, my thoughts, my hobbies, and my interests).

To sum it up, the thing I love most about being single is having the pleasure of choice. I get to choose whether or not to be in a relationship. Choice is a beautiful thing .

Old 12-03-2013, 06:37 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
FREEDOM ! It gets quiet tho....
I love the quiet. If I do get married, I hope I marry a quiet man.

(maybe what you meant is lonely?)

Old 12-03-2013, 11:02 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteslikepurple View Post
This! And my bed to myself.
Ah that's the worst part of being single. Right after the ex left I would get so cold, even with plenty of blankets. I just love a good snuggle.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:30 PM

113 posts, read 101,417 times
Traveling is really the best. I plan far fewer things when going alone, and do a lot more spontaneously because I know I won't have to hear anybody else's opinion. And not having to plan, in general. I hate doing that.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:37 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,070,465 times
The biggest thing I love is my personal time and space. Some SO's were able to respect my need to space, but most don't get it and impede on it constantly. I hate meeting new people, but enjoy having sex with whomever I want. Especially when the sex isn't that great in the relationship, haha!

Otherwise most things that I do while single, I still continue while in a relationship. For the most part I am involved with people who don't try and control me, so I can do what I want, without having to ask permission. I won't accept plans if I have plans, but I don't say, "I have to ask my SO if I can go have lunch with you". Yeah. That's just not a relationship to me.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:21 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Can watch TV with the hand in the "Al Bundy" position, without anyone saying boo.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:18 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
But more seriously. Like others have mentioned, the total freedom. Also I'm a guy who can amuse myself. No need for a LTR.
Sure I like some relationship fun from time to time.

Last edited by dave nz; 12-04-2013 at 01:28 AM..

Old 12-04-2013, 05:51 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon75 View Post
Am dreading the day my boyfriend of of 2yrs is planning on moving in.. He's a pretty good sport so far and has not gone insane with all my rules around the house. (please don't break my house, costs too much to fix things..) But not exactly feeling 100% there. Haha. I may be the only female that really don't like to co-habitate or even consider marriage.
No, you're not alone. Plenty of us have that same philosophy. I think living with someone just absolutely kills all the romance in the relationship. How can you miss someone if you're seeing them all the time? How can you ache for them if they're always around? I firmly believe that "absence (or distance) makes the heart grow fonder ."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Can watch TV with the hand in the "Al Bundy" position, without anyone saying boo.
Ohhh Aaaaaallll !!

Al Bundy, 3rd best TV Dad ever; #2 – Homer Simpson (The Simpsons), #1 – Peter Griffin (Family Guy). Dr. Cliff Huxtable (The Cosby Show) could learn a thing or two from these wonderful, caring fathers .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships