Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a case officer?
Yes 34 50.75%
No 20 29.85%
Maybe 9 13.43%
I think I have! 4 5.97%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 09:52 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,715 times

Advertisements

it depends on how I meet her and what type of agent she is,
not all CIA agents(or other intelligence agents) do a "homeland brody" and cross the iranian border in person to murder a target...

imo trust does not equal knowing all secrets, I just need to have reason to believe that I'm neither an assignment nor "expendable"...
I've personally worked in semi-governmental conditions where people may know what I work with, but no details about my job may be shared with loved ones or otherwise.
I kept the bargain and nobody had any problems with that. I'm out of the business now but I guess my confidentiality agreements will not expire until the facilities I've worked at are closed/removed...
(and no my job wasn't THAT interesting so a future SO wouldn't miss out on much :P )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 10:47 AM

832 posts, read 1,417,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Read in this article.

Valerie Plame calls CIA the 'world's largest dating agency' - Dave Ross Blog - MyNorthwest.com

Okay, so aside from all the Hollywood romanticizing, there are a couple of things about this that make it an inherently complicated deal:

• Lots of travel (can be good if you want to explore, but if you've got a home in the area, it's a mess)
  • Trust? What trust? (If you date him/her, you have to be okay with the other person keeping secrets)
  • Are they recruiting me? Spying on me? Marking me for assassination?
  • Change of cover (They could drop out of sight, be resumed dead, change their hair and appearance, and show up at your next job. Unless you know what to look for, you'd never know the difference)
  • Am I really dating him/her, or am I just another client?
  • Oh yea. They could also die. If you don't see them much, their voice on the phone might be recorded by a proxy.
It's never boring though. Anyway, thoughts? If given the chance, would you?

Or do you think you might've anyway (explain why)?
One time, I had the opportunity to chat with someone who was by far, the best looking person I've ever seen. Put everyone in Hollywood to shame. And he had a PhD to boot and made well over 6 figures. I've never encountered anyone like that before. I spent almost a half hour talking to him. I could NOT keep the elicit thoughts from happening and I could not just act like myself because his presence was just too friggen distracting. 99.9999999999% of the time, I'm all about the personality and brains. But this dude... holy crap, I could not get past the looks coupled with the knowledge of his intelligence.

That was less than 6 months ago. And for the life of me, I can not recall what he looked like, where he was from or what his degree was in. Does that make him a spy? A darn good one if he was. Was that some sort of CIA test to determine if I could keep my cool against such horrific odds? I failed. Alas! I will not be recruited.

But you know what? It taught me to feel sympathy for men. If men are trying to keep their thoughts focused like that all the time... holy tiring. Good grief.

I'd imagine you could not travel with your SO like military members can't. If the feds trust him enough to protect me, then I trust him to protect me. They have no reason to recruit me, my life isn't worth spying on, and I've done nothing to be killed over. If I can't spot my SO in a beard, wig and hat and makeup from 10 feet away then he's not my SO because we haven't banged. If I am just a client, please dear CIA make him like the man above so I can enjoy it. If he dies and I don't know, then I don't know. The relationship just petered off somehow.

So I guess my short answer is yes. I don't have a problem with it, and if I did, I wouldn't know it.

OR would I....

Old 12-11-2013, 09:18 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Do you know she is a CIA agent for sure, or you suspect she is an agent. If she refuses to tell you where she works, 99.99% of the chance she is not a CIA agent. Working for FBI, CIA is NOT a big giant secret. What is so secretive about it.

According to the website that I provided earlier (and please do not listen to hear and says)

As you can tell, sharing info or not sharing info totally depend on the sensitivity and nature of their assignment. If somebody cannot even tell their family member they are working for CIA, they are not working for CIA LOL Can you tell family members you are working for the CIA? Absolutely. If somebody come up to me and say, "I cannot tell you where I work, it is top secret." I would say, "Yeah, whatever." If somebody come up to me and tell me they are working for CIA, I would want to see a valid work ID, problem solved.

By no means am I implying the girl that you are interested in is Not working for CIA, I am just saying that please don't dramatize their job nature, they can have normal dating and family life.

Best luck to you.

edit: pretending to be government agent or active duty military personnel is federal crime. Only an idiot would lie about that just to get a date. lol
I'm far from telling everything I've seen, including her name. But let's just say, I've seen some pretty weird ****. Starting with the fact she was extremely hesitant telling both her past and her job, having a "meeting" (we're kinda just friends, so we don't "date", we "meet") that was originally supposed to involve a coffee shop but the square block and then some around said shop was blocked by traffic cops for an impromptu parade so we moved it elsewhere, and a number of text messages with extremely funny double entendres yea.... it's a safe bet. Plus I've known her since July. I think she'd have been taken away by now if she were posing. And the one wanting to date is me, she kinda just asks me stuff.
Also, I think she met me originally in a prosthethic fatsuit. The girl I'm seeing now is closer to how she really is (maybe halfway), and the real one I think I saw exactly once after a fairly good date (it was a treat though). So she kinda arranged to move into my job under a different name. I initially thought "this girl just looks like her" until I blurted out that my friend told me to see her. Her ears sorta perked up and this and I blurted out her real (to the best of my knowledge) name. Later got a text where she used some phrase the girl had, then I kinda knew.
Uhhh yea, except I dunno what to do about it. The in-person version is being extremely hard-to-get and the text version is super supportive (like a one-woman good cop bad cop routine). But she's "moving away".
She never said she "cannot tell it's top secret". Her official story is that she works for a medical company. She can't tell me stuff because of "medical confidentiality" and she has to protect her clients. Her story makes technical sense, it just doesn't add up. Like, she has alot of hours in the day to talk to me by text (or did before working her new job). She says she's out at a brewery or camping but you get no photos or ones that have her looking as she did about a year ago. Stuff like that.

In terms of whether one can tell their family, I suppose it depends on various factors, like whether they suspect their family will work at counter-purposes, whether they are first or second (or more) generation CIA, and the nature of what is told. State secrets, are state secrets. The average day, yep, though they'll likely be speaking around children who don't know the actual story. (Cover story medical: "What was your day like?" "Oh, I had an uncooperative patient so I had to put him to sleep.")

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 12-11-2013 at 09:28 PM..

Old 12-11-2013, 10:00 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,517 times
I don't think so. I'm not sure that I would feel comfortable doing this, even if she was a trans-woman.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:04 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,588,889 times
That depends. Are we talking a sexy CIA agent?

Old 12-13-2013, 09:21 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
That depends. Are we talking a sexy CIA agent?
Valerie Plame (the one outed by GW Bush as CIA) was hot! I bet the guys here would date her!

Old 12-14-2013, 01:04 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,608 times
You people are lame. I worked with the IC and most CIA Case Officers...and agent is an asset not an officer...like an informant...do mary within the Agency or other State Dept personnel. Ops Officers do two tours abroad and one in DC, just like Foreign Service Officers, so you either apply for a tandem posting or you have a trailing spouse who does not have a career.

The Female Agency Employees are hot! They do it on purpose...hot women can manipulate men easier.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:29 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
I'm far from telling everything I've seen, including her name. But let's just say, I've seen some pretty weird ****. Starting with the fact she was extremely hesitant telling both her past and her job, having a "meeting" (we're kinda just friends, so we don't "date", we "meet") that was originally supposed to involve a coffee shop but the square block and then some around said shop was blocked by traffic cops for an impromptu parade so we moved it elsewhere, and a number of text messages with extremely funny double entendres yea.... it's a safe bet. Plus I've known her since July. I think she'd have been taken away by now if she were posing. And the one wanting to date is me, she kinda just asks me stuff.
Also, I think she met me originally in a prosthethic fatsuit. The girl I'm seeing now is closer to how she really is (maybe halfway), and the real one I think I saw exactly once after a fairly good date (it was a treat though). So she kinda arranged to move into my job under a different name. I initially thought "this girl just looks like her" until I blurted out that my friend told me to see her. Her ears sorta perked up and this and I blurted out her real (to the best of my knowledge) name. Later got a text where she used some phrase the girl had, then I kinda knew.
Uhhh yea, except I dunno what to do about it. The in-person version is being extremely hard-to-get and the text version is super supportive (like a one-woman good cop bad cop routine). But she's "moving away".
She never said she "cannot tell it's top secret". Her official story is that she works for a medical company. She can't tell me stuff because of "medical confidentiality" and she has to protect her clients. Her story makes technical sense, it just doesn't add up. Like, she has alot of hours in the day to talk to me by text (or did before working her new job). She says she's out at a brewery or camping but you get no photos or ones that have her looking as she did about a year ago. Stuff like that.

In terms of whether one can tell their family, I suppose it depends on various factors, like whether they suspect their family will work at counter-purposes, whether they are first or second (or more) generation CIA, and the nature of what is told. State secrets, are state secrets. The average day, yep, though they'll likely be speaking around children who don't know the actual story. (Cover story medical: "What was your day like?" "Oh, I had an uncooperative patient so I had to put him to sleep.")
Nope, the vast majority of Agency intelligence ops people work under diplomatic cover overseas. They have no private sector affiliation. On paper they are assigned as an Economic officer or something. After 10 years they are known as CIA and declared to the host nation country.

There are some NOCs--non official cover--which Valerie Plane was one at one time--but they are very very rare...its just too dangerous!

Old 12-21-2013, 05:23 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
You people are lame. I worked with the IC and most CIA Case Officers...and agent is an asset not an officer...like an informant...do mary within the Agency or other State Dept personnel. Ops Officers do two tours abroad and one in DC, just like Foreign Service Officers, so you either apply for a tandem posting or you have a trailing spouse who does not have a career.

The Female Agency Employees are hot! They do it on purpose...hot women can manipulate men easier.
They're also hot, because they're extremely in shape. And have to stay that way to use disguises. That doesn't actually work on me. I get intimidated by hot women (unless I know them first), so she actually has to drab herself down a bit (add a few pounds, maybe look a bit geeky) or I won't talk to her. I think I did see her once under all the fat suit stuff.

Quote:
Nope, the vast majority of Agency intelligence ops people work under diplomatic cover overseas. They have no private sector affiliation. On paper they are assigned as an Economic officer or something. After 10 years they are known as CIA and declared to the host nation country.

There are some NOCs--non official cover--which Valerie Plane was one at one time--but they are very very rare...its just too dangerous!
As far as I know, she's what's known as a case officer. She doesn't so much do covert ops stuff, as just scout people, and train them. This will probably end kinda badly for me, as she'll move on to someone else. Bummer. I kinda like her. I'm not sure how well I'd continue without her.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
Secret agent man....secret agent man......secret agent man....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships