Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 12:21 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,387,994 times

Advertisements

FRANKFORT, Ky. -- A judge has ruled the state must turn over e-mails to a man who wants to see messages sent between his wife and a male co-worker at a state office.

Franklin County Circuit Judge Phillip J. Shepherd granted Stephen Malmer's open-records request Monday after the state Attorney General's Office said the Justice and Public Safety Cabinet had violated the law by refusing to the release the e-mails.

Newsmax.com - Judge: Ky. Man Can See His Wife's E-Mail (http://www.newsmax.com/science/unfaithful_e_mail/2007/11/20/50965.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 01:08 PM

820 posts, read 2,860,222 times
Interesting! While I'm almost always on the side of one cheated on, I think it's a bit odd that these emails would be released. Adultery isn't a reason for divorce (legally), so it's not like the emails would give proof to something. Sounds like his wife has fully admitted the affair. So, not real sure why he'd be wasting his time wanting the emails - move on mister IMO.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:49 PM

28,840 posts, read 30,069,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
Interesting! While I'm almost always on the side of one cheated on, I think it's a bit odd that these emails would be released. Adultery isn't a reason for divorce (legally), so it's not like the emails would give proof to something. Sounds like his wife has fully admitted the affair. So, not real sure why he'd be wasting his time wanting the emails - move on mister IMO.
In this state, is used to be reason for a divorce legally? I think each state is different, but if I'm not mistaken, in PA adultery was legally reason for divorce.

Creme

Old 11-25-2007, 02:59 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,127,981 times
It sounds as though they have the equivalent of our sunshine law. E-mails, telephone logs, correspondence and most other documents are public record and anyone who requests, is entitled to a copy.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:17 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,561,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
It sounds as though they have the equivalent of our sunshine law. E-mails, telephone logs, correspondence and most other documents are public record and anyone who requests, is entitled to a copy.
uh oh, y'all better stop sending me dirty emails then!!!

Old 11-25-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
uh oh, y'all better stop sending me dirty emails then!!!

oh shoot, just sent one off....to you, and it's dirty and I know you'll luv it...

now you have to send me one back...right?

Old 11-25-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
In this state, is used to be reason for a divorce legally? I think each state is different, but if I'm not mistaken, in PA adultery was legally reason for divorce.

Creme
Interesting Creme. I didn't know that. In KY, it isn't or at least it wasn't. I'll have to investigate that! A good lawyer will make sure that a judge realizes it is part of a divorce though. I'll share my story.... A friend of mine who went through a divorce right before me explained how adultery made no difference and that the judge wouldn't even hear any of the details because that didn't play a part in "irreconcilable differences". None of her husband's very awful behavior was ever shared. My lawyer, on the other hand, made sure through creative questioning that everything my ex had done was shared with questions as simple as "what vehicle did you drive to court today" which was his girlfriend's. By the time we were through hashing it out, the judge had a very good picture of what had happened with the end of our marriage.

I'd never heard about the Sunshine law neither! That's interesting stuff!

Old 11-25-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Interesting Creme. I didn't know that. In KY, it isn't or at least it wasn't. I'll have to investigate that! A good lawyer will make sure that a judge realizes it is part of a divorce though. I'll share my story.... A friend of mine who went through a divorce right before me explained how adultery made no difference and that the judge wouldn't even hear any of the details because that didn't play a part in "irreconcilable differences". None of her husband's very awful behavior was ever shared. My lawyer, on the other hand, made sure through creative questioning that everything my ex had done was shared with questions as simple as "what vehicle did you drive to court today" which was his girlfriend's. By the time we were through hashing it out, the judge had a very good picture of what had happened with the end of our marriage.

I'd never heard about the Sunshine law neither! That's interesting stuff!
wull, I don't know about now, but 12 years ago, I think it was, cuz that is what I used for reason for divorce....could have changed...but to me, that should be good enough reason in all states, don't you think? Matter of fact, I'm rather surprised it's not?

hugs
Creme

Old 11-25-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
wull, I don't know about now, but 12 years ago, I think it was, cuz that is what I used for reason for divorce....could have changed...but to me, that should be good enough reason in all states, don't you think? Matter of fact, I'm rather surprised it's not?

hugs
Creme
You'd better believe it's good enough reason!! I've enjoyed the couple of stories I've read over the last few years where a mistress gets sued. As far as I'm concerned, if a marriage ends that way, the adulterer should have to pay for just about everything involved in the divorce as well as a lucrative settlement. Not meaning to derail John's thread here, but perhaps the guy in the story is wanting the emails for compensation purposes? If so, more power to him!

Frankfort - where this story was written is also our state capitol. Also, over the past couple of years, our governor was involved in some legal issues which involved many email (computers) and blackberries being confiscated. It's probably more of a sensitive issue there than it might be in some places - the emails being turned over that is.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
You'd better believe it's good enough reason!! I've enjoyed the couple of stories I've read over the last few years where a mistress gets sued. As far as I'm concerned, if a marriage ends that way, the adulterer should have to pay for just about everything involved in the divorce as well as a lucrative settlement. Not meaning to derail John's thread here, but perhaps the guy in the story is wanting the emails for compensation purposes? If so, more power to him!

Frankfort - where this story was written is also our state capitol. Also, over the past couple of years, our governor was involved in some legal issues which involved many email (computers) and blackberries being confiscated. It's probably more of a sensitive issue there than it might be in some places - the emails being turned over that is.
It would be very difficult for me to be friends with a woman who runs around with married men...

I'm not married any more....but I would still feel, if someone can do that, they might not be such good friends..yanno...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships