Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,383 times

Advertisements

I hate being a Blackgirl…it’s a curse. Black girls are deemed the least desirable and leastattractive race. I would have been happy if I was born any other race or was atleast mixed so I could have had a better chance at looking decent. Black femalefeatures are considered unfeminine many people even say that they look men. Ialways hear people say that, “It’s hard to find a pretty Black girl…she usuallyhas to be mixed to be pretty”. Mixed Black girls are labeled moreattractive than full Black since they tend to have light to medium brown skin,nice facial features, and pretty curly coily hair. Dark skin is considered a masculine trait andnatural Black hair is viewed as unattractive. I will never forget I woremy hair out natural and posted a pic online and got all negative comments like“I don’t like her hair”, “Afro = no”, “need to get rid of the pubic hair onyour head”, “what’s wrong with your hair…yuck”, “your hair is horrible”, etc so I am NEVER showing my natural hair again. Majority of guys even go for light skinned girls who are White, Asian,Latina, Indian or mixed. Many Black guys also choose these girls over Blackgirls. There are only few guys that actually like Black girls and those guysare hard to find. I am horrified and hurt that I was born this way. People havealways told me to “love myself as I am” which drives me crazy especially whenthe person who says it is some other race. Maybe it’s easy for them to lovethemselves but they have no idea how it feels to live being a Black female. I wasbullied all through elementary, middle and high school because of my hair and skin.Because of this I developed depression and anxiety issues and it all just getsworse. I really want to lighten my skin and get a weave. I hope thatthis transformation will not only make me look better but attract a guy myway. However, I only want to datenon-Black guys. When the time comes to have children I want a mixed baby girlso she will have a much higher chance of looking pretty as opposed to beingjust Black. If she is pretty and mixed she will have a better life growing upthan I ever did. Anyway the first step to making this work is lightening myskin. Do you know any good skin lightening creams? Do you have any other ideason how I can improve my appearance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 06:13 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
This has nothing to do with Relationships.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:15 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
Def post pics.

Its so she can find a non black guy! Kinda dating!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 12-04-2013, 06:15 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Welp, Nyanna is back.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:17 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaraBrown1 View Post
I hate being a Blackgirl…it’s a curse. Black girls are deemed the least desirable and leastattractive race. I would have been happy if I was born any other race or was atleast mixed so I could have had a better chance at looking decent. Black femalefeatures are considered unfeminine many people even say that they look men. Ialways hear people say that, “It’s hard to find a pretty Black girl…she usuallyhas to be mixed to be pretty”. Mixed Black girls are labeled moreattractive than full Black since they tend to have light to medium brown skin,nice facial features, and pretty curly coily hair. Dark skin is considered a masculine trait andnatural Black hair is viewed as unattractive. I will never forget I woremy hair out natural and posted a pic online and got all negative comments like“I don’t like her hair”, “Afro = no”, “need to get rid of the pubic hair onyour head”, “what’s wrong with your hair…yuck”, “your hair is horrible”, etc so I am NEVER showing my natural hair again. Majority of guys even go for light skinned girls who are White, Asian,Latina, Indian or mixed. Many Black guys also choose these girls over Blackgirls. There are only few guys that actually like Black girls and those guysare hard to find. I am horrified and hurt that I was born this way. People havealways told me to “love myself as I am” which drives me crazy especially whenthe person who says it is some other race. Maybe it’s easy for them to lovethemselves but they have no idea how it feels to live being a Black female. I wasbullied all through elementary, middle and high school because of my hair and skin.Because of this I developed depression and anxiety issues and it all just getsworse. I really want to lighten my skin and get a weave. I hope thatthis transformation will not only make me look better but attract a guy myway. However, I only want to datenon-Black guys. When the time comes to have children I want a mixed baby girlso she will have a much higher chance of looking pretty as opposed to beingjust Black. If she is pretty and mixed she will have a better life growing upthan I ever did. Anyway the first step to making this work is lightening myskin. Do you know any good skin lightening creams? Do you have any other ideason how I can improve my appearance?
Wow! I don't think your appearance is your biggest issue. Sounds to me like you have let the ignorant comments of some people cloud the way you look at yourself. If you go through all that physical transformation, do you think it will make you happy? What if the guys aren't drawn to you because of self esteem issues?

Old 12-04-2013, 06:18 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
hey look! Nyanna couldn't stay away!

Old 12-04-2013, 06:37 PM

448 posts, read 764,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
Wow! I don't think your appearance is your biggest issue. Sounds to me like you have let the ignorant comments of some people cloud the way you look at yourself. If you go through all that physical transformation, do you think it will make you happy? What if the guys aren't drawn to you because of self esteem issues?
I agree with this. Also you might want to work on your language skills, I had a hard time reading that to be honest.

I'm a white guy and I'll say I'm not particularity attracted to most black women but it has less to do with the color of their skin and more to do with the fact a lot of black women are just too big for my taste. So maybe losing some weight might help if you're large (that probably makes me sound racist but based on what I've encountered most black women are overweight and some things I have read say about 85% of black women are overweight).

Old 12-04-2013, 10:08 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
Hook up with the Hurricane Kid!

Old 12-04-2013, 10:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Hook up with the Hurricane Kid!

Old 12-04-2013, 10:17 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,924 times
i like black girls...cheer up
hot dark skin girls are the prettiest girls on the planet for me.
but i'm black, so i can't do nothing for you.
ah well..
i'll find my pretty black girl eventually...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships