Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 07:14 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,432 times

Advertisements

It means being MAN enough to get along with someone who sit's on the other side of the fence, and if one can't deal with
that, your insecure about your position!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 07:36 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,356 times
They're just being friendly, no need to get butthurt about it.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:25 AM

19 posts, read 23,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by technev View Post
Guys notice me but not women. I've been to parts of Asia, Australia, and the Middle East - all very diverse places. Yet it is the same story - guys notice me, but not girls. Well, sometimes, but they don't compliment me. Guys do. I am a guy, so I am confused. Are they assuming I am gay?
You are not alone. I have the same problem myself and I HATE IT!!!!! More guys then will admit probably have the same problem, I commend you for having the courage to post about it and somebody should do an article or at least start a post about false "gaydar" or about homosexuals who read or sense men wrongly............

Not that some of the males who notice us aren't homosexual, I'm sure that a few must be and most aren't but a few things I've learned about this problem which I'd like to mention and I think reading the following might help you

I hope so:

#1 Quite often or most often we aren't being noticed in a SEXUAL manner by other males. If you (and I probably do) have a very pleasant look in our eyes, there is something known as the MIRRORING EFFECT which means that another person may quickly see a pleasant look or a nice guy look/peaceful look and MIRROR it back. I think we all do that. Or if you are a charismatic sort of man (even in a quiet way) you may be "attracting" males who may be "interested" (so to speak) in your personality as singers, actors, TV personalities, certain athletes, writers, commentators, comedians "attract" many other males who want to identify on some level with them........Or if you have an interesting inner dialogue going on with yourself, other males may be "attracted" on some level to the interesting story in your eyes or persona which they are perceiving............exactly like you or I would want to watch an interesting movie or read an interesting book or newspaper article.

But #2 The other guy has no idea what kind of look he is giving you same as you or I have no idea what kind of look we give out and I mean on a general basis. Say if you are in a supermarket, you notice an item which you might have no interest in, what kind of look would you give the item? Could you possibly know? So don't blame the other guy because he doesn't know what sort of look he may be giving out either.

#3 Women probably do notice you as well most likely when you don't expect them to. But women BEING THAT THEY'RE WOMEN.............DO translate your nice eyes/peaceful eyes/pleasant eyes/quiet charisma/interesting ongoing inner dialogue into a romantic and or sexual interest which they feel towards you although they might hide it and not complement you although they feel like doing so.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:08 AM

19 posts, read 23,867 times
Another thing I wanted to tell you and any man who has this problem:

It's an identification thing. Men identify better with other men as women identify better with other women. In other words, many of us men have walked the same walk, thought the same thoughts, felt the same frustrations..........so if you are ever feeling any anxiety, fear, indecision about anything, agony, whatever it might be...........if your eyes, face, body language strongly pushes those feelings out, you can get back a strong SYMPATHY look from certain other males (as I understand how you feel or "poor guy") without most of these men ever realizing what their look is saying but its an identification/sympathy/guy to guy understanding sort of "attraction" to you and possibly certain men might think that giving you a complement would lift your spirits.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:07 AM

458 posts, read 644,646 times
Do you look like a member of the Backstreet Boys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships