Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 06:22 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,200,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Women are by far more violent then men. Another myth that men are more violent, just like men desire sex more then women, both untrue.

List the research/statistics/ and police reports, etc you used to come to that conclusion please. Though women can be violent, MORE VIOLENT THAN MEN seems to be quite the leap. Educate me on this please. List all your research sources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 06:32 PM

254 posts, read 318,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
I am curious if many men here have experience being physically assaulted by a woman they were dating? Did it change your relationship or your feelings towards her? Did you end the relationship because of it?

BTW - I have never hit a man.
I've had a woman (older than myself by several years) taunt me to fight (for no other reason than to just try and bully me or something) by pushing hard on my head, pressing her finger against my head. We were not "dating" but were "exploring" that possibility if you will. I left her alone.

I've been mob assaulted by a mob of girls led my a crack-head adult woman in her 30s. The girls ranged from ages... probably 12 to 14. They attacked me because when the woman was in a fight with another woman I picked her up like a feather and flung her away.

All of these cases where ethnic Black-American females.

I can fist fight pretty well against men bigger than myself (not excessively bigger than myself), so, I'm pretty certain I could have broken the jaws of any of those women/girls. I have no problem striking the throat, stomping at the side of the knees, or ramming a knee into a persons mid-section. So, I could maim if I wanted to.

But I have to be pushed to a degree to beat up a woman or girl. However, my tolerance threshold is quickly lowering as I'm getting tired of all the aggressive girls and women (99% Black-American) talking about how they can "kick my a**" or simply talking "out of pocket" or minute things I would not even become aggressive with men (or women) over.

One day a woman is going to push my head with her hand (to show dominance) and I'm going to upper-cut her like I would hit a man. I might stomp her knee or throw gut wrenching body-blows to her midsection, kidneys, and liver.

For a 14 year old girl I might simply throw her head through a car window.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:47 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
I'm a woman, but I'll tell you what happened as we talked about it enough that I know his side of it.

I slapped my ex, pretty damned hard too. I would have punched him, but I knew a slap is more disrespectful to most men. In my defense, he knew he deserved it and well, I basically had a mental breakdown that day.

A few days later after dealing with a lot more important things between us and with myself (we didn't break up), I apologized, he said he deserved it. Our relationship continued and we didn't need to discuss it again. We both knew exactly why it happened and we both put it behind us almost as soon as it happened.

Can't say I'd ever do it again. Hopefully I'll never have a breakdown like that ever agaim. It was like the perfect storm.
If you had did that to me and implied that I "deserved" it, I would have had you prosecuted.

Then again, if any woman is stupid enough to slap a guy my size, they may do better in the pysch ward than the county jail.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:48 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,355,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
I'm a woman, but I'll tell you what happened as we talked about it enough that I know his side of it.

I slapped my ex, pretty damned hard too. I would have punched him, but I knew a slap is more disrespectful to most men. In my defense, he knew he deserved it and well, I basically had a mental breakdown that day.

A few days later after dealing with a lot more important things between us and with myself (we didn't break up), I apologized, he said he deserved it. Our relationship continued and we didn't need to discuss it again. We both knew exactly why it happened and we both put it behind us almost as soon as it happened.

Can't say I'd ever do it again. Hopefully I'll never have a breakdown like that ever agaim. It was like the perfect storm.
LOL I guess this makes it okay then...so if a guy slapped you for doing whatever it was you slapped your ex for, that would have been alright as long as he apologizes? Or is the abuse tag only used when the man is the one doing the hitting/or slapping ???

Anyway, men/women know the type of guys/gals they can or cant slap. Thats for sure.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:21 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,635,963 times
I love these tough guys. "If you did that I'd have you prosecuted", "I could beat the crap out of a woman". Yeah, course you can tough guy. Unless your a little weasel of a man, thats a given that you can overpower a girl. You just don't do it. You defend yourself from harm and remove yourself if she persists or just kick her out, walk away, etc. You don't put her head through a car window or upper cut her. That's a great way to end up in prison, where you better tell everyone your in for something other than assaulting a woman.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:59 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,165,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
I love these tough guys. "If you did that I'd have you prosecuted", "I could beat the crap out of a woman". Yeah, course you can tough guy. Unless your a little weasel of a man, thats a given that you can overpower a girl. You just don't do it. You defend yourself from harm and remove yourself if she persists or just kick her out, walk away, etc. You don't put her head through a car window or upper cut her. That's a great way to end up in prison, where you better tell everyone your in for something other than assaulting a woman.
I agree with almost everything said there except the bold sentence. A man can (rightfully) prosecute a woman for hitting him. There is nothing wrong with filing assault charges on her. That's a felony and thus a crime after all. If she's charged and has to serve jail time along with a record on her profile for assaulting her bf then I don't feel sorry for her.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:05 PM

426 posts, read 558,535 times
Tiny little thing at work did her Bruce Lee imitation by doing the two inch punch....took it like a man and went to the bathroom to cry.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:14 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,165,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Anyway, men/women know the type of guys/gals they can or cant slap. Thats for sure.
True. I bet this Carlos character will think better next time or probably won't even try again. Not with those burns on his face he would probably be having for life.

Madeas Grit Ball - YouTube

Old 12-08-2013, 08:33 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,191,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
I take it you've never encountered a woman with an extreme temper? I agree that a man shouldn't be physically aggressive towards a woman (without an absolutely outstanding reason, such as self-defense) ever. I have, however, encountered women whose tempers have been so bad that if they became physical they literally would not stop until some damage was done. At that point, there's not simply going to be any walking away or removing yourself from the situation. It's gonna involve police. Best course of action would be to restrain, but realistically... might not always be possible.

As for the "putting heads through car windows" thing, that poster had encountered a group of people attempting to harm him at some point in his life. Disparity of force (the same thing that would get a man prosecuted for hitting a woman) also applies to groups- a group (gaggle? flock? murder?) of aggressive women would be considered an immediate threat where just about anything a person could do to defend themselves or get away would be allowed.

Anyways, back on-topic....

Old 12-09-2013, 08:09 AM

334 posts, read 716,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
I am curious if many men here have experience being physically assaulted by a woman they were dating? Did it change your relationship or your feelings towards her? Did you end the relationship because of it?

BTW - I have never hit a man.
As a young man I dated a young woman who slapped me during a very minor argument. I told her not to do that again. Eventually she did. The I told her that if she did it a third time I would hit her back. She did then I did. It was a very weak, symbolic slap/tap, but she went into a rage and stormed out.
Did the relationship change? Yes. To "get even" with me she went out and screwed several guys I knew to spite me. That was the end of the relationship and my feelings for her.
About a year later she showed up at my door. She had gotten herself knocked up and wanted me to drive her to an abortion clinic and loan/give her the money to pay for it. I "got even" with her by closing the door in her face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships