Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 06:25 PM

328 posts, read 466,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sorry for discussing your...er...discussion topic.

Seconded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 06:34 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_Shroom12 View Post
Seconded.
Third

Old 12-10-2013, 07:04 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
In typical CD style - a long time regular starts at nice thread - nothing meant to be controversial, just insightful and encouraging - and others have to glam on to find fault

I got what you were saying Chow, which was basically to focus on the positive, embrace the understanding that while men and women are different there should be appreciation for those differences, not divisiveness over them.

As also usually happens, I completely agree with you.
I haven't read any more than the first two pages, but I tend to feel the same way. I clicked on this thread because the title was one that appeared would get some good, solid thinking.

I, too, understood what you were saying, Mr Chow.

I started writing more, went off-topic in my own message, and deleted it. LOL

At any rate, I like that there is a variety of people. I am not perfect, so I don't expect a man (or anyone) to be. But, I also hope to find a man that realizes that I am not perfect, doesn't expect me to be or get perfect, and is humble himself and can see his own human-ness. That is to find a man when I'm ready and not so . . . "this way".

Old 12-10-2013, 07:35 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,070,465 times
In general, people who fully accept and live by generalities about anything or everything believe that stereotyping is factual. Which leads to hate, prejudice, and more rants on CD.

(I have got to stop reading this thread)

Old 12-10-2013, 07:41 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Someone would have thought that this was thread supporting NAMBLA or promoting female circumcision instead of embracing the differences in the opposite sex....... albeit loosely defined differences... LOL....

Old 12-10-2013, 11:34 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times
It didn't bother me but then I'm a man and in general don't get overly emotional.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:39 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Someone would have thought that this was thread supporting NAMBLA or promoting female circumcision instead of embracing the differences in the opposite sex....... albeit loosely defined differences... LOL....
You have not read a single piece of dissent, your replies make it clear. I wonder if there is a happy, cheery, mutual appreciation board somewhere for you and the band of "pooo on you for disagreeing with his fine intent even if his content is senseless" crowd. Obviously this post was not intended for a discussion board.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:03 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,129 times
Quote:
I was just having a convo with Mrs. Chow and in the convo, it came up about working out.

I was joking around about sometimes it's cool to be on a weight bench with about 250 pound on your chest and you have to "man up" and pump that bad boy up... you know... bench pressing...... it's a fav for men to do... women don't do it.. but any ways.. the greater thought is how women and men are different.

Mrs. Chow laughed and talked about liking aerobics and yoga, and feeling light and stretched, and things of that order....

I think.. men and women sometimes get at a crossroads because we basically have differing views.. I know I'm talking about working out here, but it's metaphoric for other things...

Lets accept that women and men are different... let's not try and change it... just revel in the differences.

There is a word called synergy.

That is the definition of what men and women are...
I rather like to play chess instead. I think that differences do separate people rather than unite them, it's just that some differences will have a strong uniting effect mainly because they complement each other. Differences that don't contribute to such complementary relationship are burdening such relationship. However, there is some thing to say as well - although similarities generally have uniting effect, some habits are burdening the relationship and if both persons are doing same such habits it's not going to make it better but even worse.

One needs to evaluate things rationally because relationships based on lust are generally doomed to fail. Exceptions don't make the general rule wrong but are simply exceptions. People do tend to seek for someone else if they based their relationship on such factors, but the thing is that both factors are usually involved in their decision making.
That being said - men and women are no different so much, it's more on social conditioning on most things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Soooooo, Chow, how much do you weigh and how many times has Mrs. Chow been on the bottom having to pump that bad boy up...oh, women don't do it, you say?
I guess that's exactly why having "big" (heavy) SO is such a bad thing for women as well, especially if the guy cannot make limited "contact" (i.e. avoiding to press down his partner by using his limbs)... the woman gets pressed with his weight and feels trapped, not really a good feeling because you generally think of good sex with lots of twists and such kind

By the way, this thread needs a restart to get back on track... somehow it does.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:34 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
You have not read a single piece of dissent, your replies make it clear. I wonder if there is a happy, cheery, mutual appreciation board somewhere for you and the band of "pooo on you for disagreeing with his fine intent even if his content is senseless" crowd. Obviously this post was not intended for a discussion board.
I do grasp the concept of a discussion board......

I do find it odd that something of a somewhat positive thing would be twisted into something else.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me on all subjects, of course.

I just didn't expect the negative stuff I read, comments like my OP was "divisive" or that I was somehow repressing feminism and few other comments, things like my generalizations are the type that lead to oppression and violence towards others by categorizing people, etc etc.

It was made as a light hearted, "hey, let's just try and appreciate" some of the odds behaviors that the other sex displays.... I didn't realize how much of a hot button generalization about the genders bring out of people.

I probably should have narrowed it down to specifics like "your spouse" as opposed to a gender..

I wonder if that would have helped... naw... probably not, I've been on this forum for a long time now and should have probably expected the vitriol to flow.

I've made this comment before, but on CD and other forums I imagine, you could extol the virtues of little kittens and new borns, and someone is gonna find something negative to post about it...... but such is life.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:40 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
I do grasp the concept of a discussion board......

I do find it odd that something of a somewhat positive thing would be twisted into something else.
But it ISN'T twisting anything into anything. People have read what has written and disagreed with its very basic premise.

Quote:
I don't expect everyone to agree with me on all subjects, of course.

I just didn't expect the negative stuff I read, comments like my OP was "divisive" or that I was somehow repressing feminism and few other comments, things like my generalizations are the type that lead to oppression and violence towards others by categorizing people, etc etc.

It was made as a light hearted, "hey, let's just try and appreciate" some of the odds behaviors that the other sex displays.... I didn't realize how much of a hot button generalization about the genders bring out of people.
I remember one time I was at a party. A black guy walked up to a friend and said "Hey, my *****h." All was well. A well intentioned white idiot at the party repeated the same thing. Huh, can you imaging that the recipient of the comment was not thrilled.

Appreciate YOUR WIFE all you like. I will never agree that there is any benefit to appreciating gender stereotypes that an individual may or may no participate in.

Last edited by somebodynew; 12-11-2013 at 08:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships