Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 07:18 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,370,420 times

Advertisements

Is this an okay time to ask how old the OP is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelsieB View Post
fine no princesses! but what about the love feeling? im such a loser and always think back to movies (which i know i shouldnt do because it's the movies and written out by writers and such BUT) has anyone seen the movie chasing liberty with mandy more? how bout a love like that? or even simpiler how bout the movie what a girl wants she just mets this cute guy and they have a fun time? or hey! bridgett jones and she meets the guy who isn't right for her yet they have amazing sex! i just need something. I don't care if he's a knight in shining armor that turns out to just in wrapped in tin-foil isnt the experience whats fun in life? the crush the chase the subtle flirting the sex the FUN? im just bored with life. im still young, i dont need to find my life long mate i just want to find someone to occupy my time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 10:52 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
but what exactly does a princess do anyway? my impression is that she basically sits there all day dreaming and wondering when her prince will come and i dont think that is healthy. maybe in the olden days when all the women had to think about was who to marry and then be a stay at home wife/mother but these days it is different.
Look at it this way.... It's like boys watching shoot 'em up movies or something.... They see the guns. They see the people "killing" each other. They may go out into the yard and pretend to do this with fake guns.

It does NOT mean by ANY stretch that they are going to buy guns and kill people when they get older.

It seems that we've suddenly lost all faith in our children to understand the difference between make-believe and reality.

Somehow I watched or played with GI Joes and played video games in which the object was to shoot at things without becoming a gun-toting sociopath. I'd imagine little girls can play with princess toys and pretend to be a princess without becoming an adult female who sits around waiting for Prince Charming.....

Old 11-27-2007, 11:22 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelsieB View Post
fine no princesses! but what about the love feeling? im such a loser and always think back to movies (which i know i shouldnt do because it's the movies and written out by writers and such BUT) has anyone seen the movie chasing liberty with mandy more? how bout a love like that? or even simpiler how bout the movie what a girl wants she just mets this cute guy and they have a fun time? or hey! bridgett jones and she meets the guy who isn't right for her yet they have amazing sex! i just need something. I don't care if he's a knight in shining armor that turns out to just in wrapped in tin-foil isnt the experience whats fun in life? the crush the chase the subtle flirting the sex the FUN? im just bored with life. im still young, i dont need to find my life long mate i just want to find someone to occupy my time
KelsieB, I understand where you're coming from; but movies and fairytales and knights in shining armor are make-believe, and no relationship, regardless of how wonderful, ends up like a fairytale. Yes, in the beginning there are the butterflies and he's so perfect and you can't stop smiling and so on and so forth...hopefully, there will still be moments like that as time passes on, but with time comes reality, and you eventually have to come back to earth! Maybe he's not perfect, maybe it doesn't end up like, oh I don't know, 13 Going On 30, or some other happily-ever-after piece of fluff. Will you be utterly disappointed when Mr. Perfect (or Mr. Perfect-For-Right-Now) ends up being very...not like in the movies?

All that fairy-princess fluff is fine for a bit of entertainment, but it's not like real life. If you still want "the crush the chase the subtle flirting the sex the FUN" then maybe try an online dating service? It's not the stuff that dreams are made of, but it could possibly be effective.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:45 PM

220 posts, read 762,832 times
Fiddlekitten im 18, I'm a rather young one...ha ha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships