Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 11:37 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
You did see in my post that my xh was 5'6", right? Which means I don't disqualify a man based on his height. Being short, and being around taller men typically, i can tell when a guy is hovering below 5'8" or above it. I can tell how tall almost any man is once I have to look up at him and talk to him. No, I don't go around with a measuring tape, but there's definitely a height I prefer.

And if I was clicking with a guy, he stood up and was "short", honestly, yes, I'd be turned off a bit. Just like men I know who say false advertisement when women wear padded push up bra's and then see that the woman is kinda flat chested. Height is one more thing that I'm attracted to or not. I can't help what I like. I don't like feeling like I'm the same height as my guy. Its a turn off.

At least I'm being honest with myself. I've tried the shorter guy, the attraction wasn't there with any of them. I've tried looking past it and all that happened was that I'd lose my attraction to them over time. I learned that it's really not something I can compromise on anymore. I like what I like. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Everyone has their preferences of what they're attracted to, and everyone has some sort of cut off line. Mine is just a bit more black and white.

I put it this way. I know men that prefer a very specific cup size, and if a woman is too small or big, they're just not attracted to them as much. Same thing, different part of the body. You'd be surprised how very picky people can be if they're honest about it.
Fair enough i just think its odd when people are that specific like youd be able to tell a guy is only five seven and a half as opposed to 5'8 and that would kill attraction for you somehow is kind of bizarre..Also the commment that you dont want to feel like youre the same height as a guy at 5'7 its still a half a foot taller then you..

Old 12-13-2013, 11:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Fair enough i just think its odd when people are that specific like youd be able to tell a guy is only five seven and a half as opposed to 5'8 and that would kill attraction for you somehow is kind of bizarre..Also the commment that you dont want to feel like youre the same height as a guy at 5'7 its still a half a foot taller then you..

I think we're splitting hairs here. She's saying she can roughly tell based on how tall a guy is in relation to her. Sooo... who cares what the actual numbers are?

If that's what she prefers, that's what she prefers. She said she might be turned off if she was clicking with a guy and he stood up and was shorter than she would like, but she didn't say this would AUTOMATICALLY mean she would ditch him. I guess it depends on how well they were clicking. She said she thinks this is something she cannot compromise on any more... but did she say that hell would freeze over first? No.

Not many people (women in particular, in my experience) deal in absolutes. Just preferences.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:46 AM

2,793 posts, read 4,069,474 times
Quote:
It has to do with how much I have to look up at them. I'm not saying it's not weird, I know it is. And i doubt I can tell half an inch, but you never know. I like being able to look up at my guy. At around 5'8" or less, there's not a whole lot of looking up.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:48 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
Quote:

And yes yes, the whole "protection" thing is in effect with me too. My xh was 5'6" and 140lbs. When my BIL said he'd choose me to win a fight between me and my xh (just for fun, nothing real), that's just pathetic. Made me lose even more respect for my xh. So if we got jumped in an alley, guess I'll be doing the fighting.
I'm sorry, but that just makes you kind of mean.

You're calling a guy pathetic because he's small and basing your respect for him on what some a@@hole says about him and how badly he can pummel another man?

I mean, if you feel that way, at least keep it to yourself. You know what kind of guys are reading this thread.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:50 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
It has to do with how much I have to look up at them. I'm not saying it's not weird, I know it is. And i doubt I can tell half an inch, but you never know. I like being able to look up at my guy. At around 5'8" or less, there's not a whole lot of looking up.
I see so youre very subservient/submissive and only feel that when youre towered over perhaps

Old 12-13-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post

You're calling a guy pathetic because he's small and basing your respect for him on what some a@@hole says about him and how badly he can pummel another man?

I mean, if you feel that way, at least keep it to yourself. You know what kind of guys are reading this thread.

Please, man. You're extrapolating. Like dudes don't post here all the time griping about girls who weigh 10 pounds more than they want them to weigh. Even the short dudes who aren't exactly thin themselves.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post

No, I'm calling my ex weak because I'm the type to get my hands dirty and he was more of a pansy. I was tougher than him all around. It had nothing to do with his height, per se. That was a component.

And if a guy reads this and feels that is him, due to his height, that's kinda sad.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Please, man. You're extrapolating. Like dudes don't post here all the time griping about girls who weigh 10 pounds more than they want them to weigh. Even the short dudes who aren't exactly thin themselves.

Exactly!

If I believed everything written on CD, I'd have some major complexes.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
I see so youre very subservient/submissive and only feel that when youre towered over perhaps

Nah. Some chicks just feel safer if they have a man who is a bit taller than them. It's just the way it is and it's not because they hate short guys or find them repugnant or any of the crazy mess you hear from some of the men on here when they talk about women they don't find attractive.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
OMG. Are you serious? Wow, just wow.

Subservient, please. Submissive? Yeah right. Those are two words no person that knows me would ever ever use to describe me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships