Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 07:27 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

I'm 5'8" or 5'9" depending on my mood and my shoes...

I don't feel like my height was ever an issue for getting chicks.. it might have been, but as they say ignorance is bliss.

I wouldn't mind being a couple inches taller, not losing any sleep over it, just saying.

Course I'm a major big ballin pimp mack daddy, so that always impresses the hell out of the ladies.......

Old 12-15-2013, 07:44 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Theyres plenty of women on here and other forums and old that will not date a man under a certain height no matter what..
Yes, and I used to be one of them.
I did not like dating anyone shorter than me. Tried it; did not like it.
So... if you are under 5'11", I would not date you.
Actually, I would not date anyone now, as I am happily married.

I don't see why this is such a tough concept for you to grasp... different people prefer different things.
Which is a GOOD thing, as there is someone for everyone.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:48 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

I don't see why this is such a tough concept for you to grasp... different people prefer different things.
Becasue the majority of women feel the same way you do and all i hear is how shallow and supefricial men are when women are probably even moreso..

Old 12-15-2013, 07:50 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
<snip>

So, a man who is 5'5" has a better chance of getting a 5'5" woman to date him than a 5'0" woman. But really, no woman wants a man under 5'8". Though there is a minority that bucks convention.
There certainly are a great many women who could not care less if a man is under 5'8" and there are many women who have a total disregard for convention in this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
This question again? Really?
I absolutely agree here, it is certainly asked at least once a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
But why is this? What is about short men? For example fat women are gross and ugly. Universally accepted. Stupid people of both genders are well...stupid. Ugly people are unpleasant to look at. Short men are....(fill in blank)
It appears to me from the many, many times this question is asked that in essence it is really about a man (short or tall) having a decent personality, sense of humor, wit, charm and confidence in himself as a man that will attract, get the attention of and maintain the interest of the ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Sorry, that's just the way it is. Ask any of the female posters here who have had to put up with short guy threads over and over ad nauseum. They'll tell you. Tall guy sex is way better.

Now never post about this subject again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
Why post in my thread when I have asked for proof or an explanation if you are not going to offer any of it? I am writing a paper and I need evidence! Opinions =/= evidence. Or actually, I don't even need evidence. An explanation is necessary however.
z is just 'busting your chops' as they say...this topic has literally been covered to infinity and there is no convincing any short man that the answers which have been provided now or in the past, have not and/or will not convince any short man that it always will be a matter of personal preference first (like it or not). However, I still contend that if a man has confidence in himself he can have his 'pick of the crop'.

My perfect example in the past has been the short height and small stature of a thoroughbred jockey...in my experience they never suffer a shortage of ladies (tall or short, fat or thin, sexy or not) and some may even observe that they have a devoted following of groupies. Granted, pound for pound they are the strongest and toughest athletes in and of any sport, however they have something even better going on for them, a complete C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-C-E in themselves as a man.

End of story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
I'm unsubscribing from this thread. Hasn't this been discussed to hell and back already? Bye
Yep, it sure has...over and over and over again.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:53 PM

No way.
The majority of women are NOT 5'11" preferring someone taller than they are.
So they do NOT feel the same way I do.

Nothing to do with being shallow or superficial either... just wanted some taller. I can't help my height you know! In fact, I am the shortest among my siblings... and my husband and kids are taller than I. My nickname growing up was Shorty!

Old 12-15-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post

My perfect example in the past has been the short height and small stature of a thoroughbred jockey...in my experience they never suffer a shortage of ladies (tall or short, fat or thin, sexy or not) and some may even observe that they have a devoted following of groupies. Granted, pound for pound they are the strongest and toughest athletes in and of any sport, however they have something even better going on for them, a complete C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-C-E in themselves as a man.
So true... but the guys here do not believe that.
No... they WILL not believe that.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

You'd write me off cause I'm a little shorter than 5'11", but it's all good. I get that some people have different things they like......

I don't get why men can drone on about big boobs or whatever but a woman expresses a height preference and she's some how vilified......

Old 12-15-2013, 07:56 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Yeah, let's compare the everyday short guy to athletes of any variety.

That's a good idea.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:58 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I don't get why men can drone on about big boobs or whatever but a women expresses a height preference and she's some how vilified......
I havent seen a article saying only 1% of men old respond to women with lower then c cups men arent nearly as strict with breast size as women are with height

Old 12-15-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I havent seen a article saying only 1% of men old respond to women with lower then c cups men arent nearly as strict with breast size as women are with height
Dude forget the stats.... go live, get away from CD... accept that some chicks date only taller guys... move on, in other words.. wait for it...

Grow up......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships