Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 12:44 AM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times

Advertisements

To the last two responses, yeah I agree and thought of that also. A lot of mixed messages happening, Jeez just reject me and that will be that easy come easy go.

Fact is I go there sometimes anyway for the bands, the club is under new management and she is part of that new management so I am just meeting her. I am going to go back there anyway for music reasons, so I will see what happens.

Frankly I am not sure if it is a case of she thinks "what does he see in me?" or she just doesn't see anything in me. The fact that she brought up "you know I am almost 52" makes me think that she thinks I am aged different.

Too many questions that need answers to but I do believe she is widowed I didn't sense any deception in that. Maybe she has something going on with the owner, maybe she is still toying with that other guy, I don't know I just need to get her away from that place alone with me so I can get a better sense of her state of mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 12:55 AM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Remember, though, that as an employee or co-owner (whatever she is), it's her job to keep you happy so you buy drinks and keep coming back to the club. No wonder you couldn't read her. It's one of those "the cashier asked me how my day was going and told me to come back soon. Does it mean she's into me?" situations. Her business depends on her not offending you.

In any case, let us know how the update goes.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Remember, though, that as an employee or co-owner (whatever she is), it's her job to keep you happy so you buy drinks and keep coming back to the club. No wonder you couldn't read her. It's one of those "the cashier asked me how my day was going and told me to come back soon. Does it mean she's into me?" situations. Her business depends on her not offending you.

In any case, let us know how the update goes.
Thought about that also. But, when she started touching my leg at the table, and then making the suggestion we go to Denny's , making remarks that she IS single, and those little things that say "ok maybe I do have some interest in you" that is beyond just treating me as a customer.

If I had to guess, I'd say she is unsure just what she wants with me if anything but it is a possibility in her mind, but there are other issues be it another guy or her club or something else yet unknown that is making her hesitate.

One time I watched a history show on couples during WW2. One woman said "when he first came on to me I rejected him but he persisted and once it took I was hooked" and they were married for years after.

I owe it to myself to not give up so easily. Though next time I see her I am not going to push anything first I am going to see what she says, how she acts and just be nice, happy and try to come across as easy going and fun. Its on her now to push the issue when she sees me next. Fact is one way or another she will see more of me because the club under new management is drawing a good live crowd for bands and I am there if just for that.

It wouldn't be the first time that after getting rejected later on the girl coming on to me after time past. The question is will I still be interested well that depends how she treats me in the mean time.Judging that guy that called her his "old lady" if I get passed on for him, which he didn't impress me that much then I wouldn't be able to get passed the ego fact that she chose him over me because I am way better than him.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:29 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
Wow, a lot of weird complexity here.

I don't know why she didn't come out and tell you she was running late. Or call you.

I am wondering if the 'old lady' guy is actually her husband. Or, alternately, if she is a widow and wears the ring mainly to avoid getting hit on at the door (and, like with you, tells people she is single if she wants them to know).

In your shoes, I would be inclined to ask other friends in the music scene about her. And, if was still interested, to ask the guy who called her his old lady what is up.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:33 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
You sound like a woman.

You have multiple other people checking you out, but go to extreme, borderline stalking measures to get your ideal, who you've talked to for a whole what 20 minutes over one night?

I would say she has no interest. But keep chasing. It works for women. Sometimes.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
You sound like a woman.

You have multiple other people checking you out, but go to extreme, borderline stalking measures to get your ideal, who you've talked to for a whole what 20 minutes over one night?

I would say she has no interest. But keep chasing. It works for women. Sometimes.
Well I could just do a one night stand or fling with someone else until one of us decides it is time to move on, done that a few times before which satisfies temporary needs but not long term ones still in the end wishing it was someone else. I am taken back by her why would I deny myself that fact and the only way to let her know I am interested is to try. Of course at some point I would try no more.

Stalking? I have seen her SUV outside the club a couple times this week on my way home from work passing by the club and haven't stopped in. The only damn reason I waited outside the club for her after closing is because she suggested going to Denny's otherwise I would have hit the road when the club closed.

I don't think I am going there tonight either since I don't feel like drinking or hanging out in a club tonight. At some point I'll go back and probably see her and I'll take it from there , see what happens.

If it turns out she isn't interested she could have made it clear at the start instead of beating around the bush, I really hate it when women send you mixed signals.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
I was at a club a few weeks ago and I met a fellow who I could tell was into me. He was waxing philosophical about how we had so much in common and wanted to take me out for supper. He also wanted my number.
Not wanting to be a female dog and insult him, I didn't want to give him my number, but said I'd take his, and MAYBE we'll go out.
Imagine my surprise when I got home and opened the piece of paper he gave me. It listed his home number, his cell number, his work number, his mother's number because he often spends weekends with her, his sister's number, and a slew of other numbers.
I'm not calling.
I'm just not that into him.
If she hasn't called you yet, she's not going to.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:00 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Why would you want to chase someone who showed such blatant disregard for your feelings?

Old 12-14-2013, 05:01 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Why would you want to chase someone who showed such blatant disregard for your feelings?
I agree.

Don't waste your time, this doesn't need any kind of 'reading' she acted like a flake in my opinion.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:07 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Well I could just do a one night stand or fling with someone else until one of us decides it is time to move on, done that a few times before which satisfies temporary needs but not long term ones still in the end wishing it was someone else. I am taken back by her why would I deny myself that fact and the only way to let her know I am interested is to try. Of course at some point I would try no more.

Stalking? I have seen her SUV outside the club a couple times this week on my way home from work passing by the club and haven't stopped in. The only damn reason I waited outside the club for her after closing is because she suggested going to Denny's otherwise I would have hit the road when the club closed.

I don't think I am going there tonight either since I don't feel like drinking or hanging out in a club tonight. At some point I'll go back and probably see her and I'll take it from there , see what happens.

If it turns out she isn't interested she could have made it clear at the start instead of beating around the bush, I really hate it when women send you mixed signals.
Typically, if the answer is yes, women will let you know right away.

Mixed signals are all in guy's mind. If she was a maybe, then she would have said yes to your date request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships