Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 01:53 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

Every one of those ladies probably went back home thinking - OMG - why did that guy make me feel like crap this morning? IT IS SATURDAY. I look like hell. The one time I should have dressed up, a cute guy glances my way. I BLEW IT.
AHAHAHAHA!

Yea, that's why when the same guy approaches said woman in a bar when she dressed up and ready, she allows him to buy her a drink and 30 seconds of conversation before she dismisses him. Or she may just ignore him like he's not there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 01:57 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,648,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonpie View Post
Trying being me. I'm darkskinned and most men stereotype me as being angry, mean and masculine therefore they chose lightskinned, white and Asian women as partners
just accept who you are and love yourself, you will be just fine.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:03 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,718,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I am seeing professional help. Well, I was. But he was a wierdo, so I'm in between therapists right now. But I am on SSRI for my supposed OCD (which I doubt that I have) and have a psychiatrist. It's having no effect whatsoever on any of my mental problems, depression or whatever. But at least it has no side effects.
You can't treat narcissism.

What did you do for others today, Davros?

Old 12-14-2013, 02:08 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You can't treat narcissism.

What did you do for others today, Davros?
BS. Narcissism can be treated. But I enjoy it too much to give it up.

I will sidestep and avoid your question because it is irrelevant.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:11 PM

109 posts, read 156,921 times
Okay here's where you went wrong. You made yourself look desperate. In the future, take your time when you see a woman you find attractive. Start a casual conversation, about something simple like the weather or about what's going on around you. Keep it impersonal as possible. If she's into you, it'll show. That way, if not, you can just walk away instead of being straight rejected. If she is into you, keep her talking. when the moment is right, invite her out on a casual date. Like coffee or something. keep it simple, like don't invite her to be your date to a wedding, that'd be too much. so once you're on your date, just be like "I had a good time, I'd like to do this again next weekend" and if she says yeah, at the end of that date say the same thing, repeat this process a few times over if things go well. before long you've got yourself a girlfriend.
and yes, it's really that simple, assuming you've got a nice girl. If it's any harder than that, you haven't got a nice girl and you're wasting your time.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:16 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,436,809 times
I left the house today and no man hit on me, therefore I was rejected my every male who crossed my path!!!!!

(No offense, OP, but really. Come on.)

Old 12-14-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightleopard654 View Post
Okay here's where you went wrong. You made yourself look desperate. In the future, take your time when you see a woman you find attractive. Start a casual conversation, about something simple like the weather or about what's going on around you. Keep it impersonal as possible. If she's into you, it'll show. That way, if not, you can just walk away instead of being straight rejected. If she is into you, keep her talking. when the moment is right, invite her out on a casual date. Like coffee or something. keep it simple, like don't invite her to be your date to a wedding, that'd be too much. so once you're on your date, just be like "I had a good time, I'd like to do this again next weekend" and if she says yeah, at the end of that date say the same thing, repeat this process a few times over if things go well. before long you've got yourself a girlfriend.
and yes, it's really that simple, assuming you've got a nice girl. If it's any harder than that, you haven't got a nice girl and you're wasting your time.
I agree. It really is that easy for MOST guys. Most being over 50% at least. In America.

The bolded. That is where the other unfortunate guys stumble. They can't get past that part of the game. They try to see the signals and they are wrong. So, they'll approach women they think are giving them signals and get rejected. At this point they can either try and charm a woman into liking them over time (friends first) or hit on many women hoping to get a maybe or yes (numbers game).

Old 12-14-2013, 02:30 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I agree. It really is that easy for MOST guys. Most being over 50% at least. In America.

The bolded. That is where the other unfortunate guys stumble. They can't get past that part of the game. They try to see the signals and they are wrong. So, they'll approach women they think are giving them signals and get rejected. At this point they can either try and charm a woman into liking them over time (friends first) or hit on many women hoping to get a maybe or yes (numbers game).
I'd have to agree with you... but it's all that "cold approach" that does it. I know not all men and women think alike, but here's what happens in from a woman's perspective. You are standing there, minding your own business when a man approaches and catches you off guard (remember, you as a man have had a chance to mentally prepare for this). He seems nice enough, maybe good looking, but the truth is you don't know him or anything about him. He could be a jerk, mean, married, you have no idea. And most women, as young girls, are taught by their mothers and fathers (often more so by their fathers) to be "wary" of strangers, men in particular. Knowing nothing else about him other than he's stepped up to you, you are on guard... maybe even feel a little "threatened" for no reason other than you've been conditioned that way. Fight or flight kicks in... you try to get away from him(flight) or you insult him (fight). Maybe you regret it later, but at the time, you aren't really thinking.

That's why I always recommend that men who want to meet women have friends and family introduce them. Or be "acquaintances" first and get to know her (re: this is important, NOT friends, not her BFF... just give her a chance to get to know you). It eliminates the biggest barrier--you being a stranger. Still, you might not connect, but trust me, getting over that barrier is half the battle.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I'd have to agree with you... but it's all that "cold approach" that does it. I know not all men and women think alike, but here's what happens in from a woman's perspective. You are standing there, minding your own business when a man approaches and catches you off guard (remember, you as a man have had a chance to mentally prepare for this). He seems nice enough, maybe good looking, but the truth is you don't know him or anything about him. He could be a jerk, mean, married, you have no idea. And most women, as young girls, are taught by their mothers and fathers (often more so by their fathers) to be "wary" of strangers, men in particular. Knowing nothing else about him other than he's stepped up to you, you are on guard... maybe even feel a little "threatened" for no reason other than you've been conditioned that way. Fight or flight kicks in... you try to get away from him(flight) or you insult him (fight). Maybe you regret it later, but at the time, you aren't really thinking.

That's why I always recommend that men who want to meet women have friends and family introduce them. Or be "acquaintances" first and get to know her (re: this is important, NOT friends, not her BFF... just give her a chance to get to know you). It eliminates the biggest barrier--you being a stranger. Still, you might not connect, but trust me, getting over that barrier is half the battle.
Cold approach is not what I'm talking about. Cold approach is almost guaranteed failure for unattractive men.

I'm talking about men going through high school, college, jobs, and whatnot routine part of life and having normal interaction with women. A lot of men are going to have women physically attracted to them.

But some won't. Some will never have women physically attracted to them, or so few that they may have missed it. The woman physically attracted to them might have been a woman who was 10 years younger that was serving them coffee in a diner in Arizona 3 years ago.

When I say 'numbers game', that's what I mean. I meet you through a friend. Or at work, or school. We have pleasant conversation and like each other's company. I ask you out. You reject me. Some men might have to go through that scenario 15+ times before landing someone who will give them even a chance at romance.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:27 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,718,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightleopard654 View Post
Please don't encourage him to get involved with women. He is not safe for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships