Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 10:11 AM

448 posts, read 764,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
I used to believe this and it is not true

There are plenty of times a girl will give you lots of very positive signs and turn you down when you do ask her out
That is possible but rare. When it happens you deal with it. Either deal with the risks and get the rewards or don't play at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 10:11 AM

113 posts, read 186,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
How about you just get on with your life? Seriously.

I'm not being mean - I'm just saying you should build a happy life for yourself. Sure, being single is probably detracting from your happiness in some ways, but just concentrate on being happy overall. I have a friend who thinks his single status is the root of his unhappiness, but it's really just a SYMPTOM of it.
I'm perfectly happy outside of my dating struggles so you're preaching to the choir here

Quote:
Join some groups or teams. Develop some hobbies.
I already do this

Quote:
Maybe create a thoughtfully put-together dating profile on a website and contact women selectively based on their full profile, not just on whether you like their picture.
I tried this in the past and it resulted in about 50 rejections

Quote:
Oh, and cold approaches are fine if done respectfully, but they are inefficient in my view. Yeah, you might be attracted to the person, but unless they have other things in common with you, it's not going to lead to anything permanent. And it's hard to tell if you have something in common with another person just by looking at them.
I have a huge range of interests so I can get along with most people

Old 12-17-2013, 10:28 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Quote:
I'm perfectly happy outside of my dating struggles so you're preaching to the choir here

I already do this

I tried this in the past and it resulted in about 50 rejections

I have a huge range of interests so I can get along with most people
Then just be patient and persistent. It will happen for you. If you're truly happy in your life and with who you are, and you're not a horrible person (who is just happy being awful), someone is going to recognize that as long as you keep putting yourself out there. I truly think it's that whiff of desperation that a lot of people exude that sends potential romantic partners scurrying. I know that was my problem about a decade ago, and I currently will zip faster than the Roadrunner if I get even a scent of it from a potential partner.

Look, that guy I mentioned in my previous post is a GREAT guy. He's not bad looking at all (not my type, but he IS perfectly acceptable), and he's very sweet and funny. He's intelligent and kind. But he is DESPERATE. He has huge voids in his life, and he is hoping someone else will come along to fill those voids. You sound like you're handling your own ****, and I think good things will come to you because of that. Eventually. Just keep doing what you're doing and try new things as they occur to you.

Now, if you just want to get laid, just go on Plenty of Fish or whatever it is the kids are doing these days

Old 12-17-2013, 10:33 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Quote:
I absolutely love hearing women talk about rejection

They make it seem like rejection is nothing bad, that any man who doesn't want to get rejected a 100 times is a coward, yet 99.9% of women utterly despise rejection and will avoid it like the bubonic plague. It is just hilarious hypocrisy. You hear stories of girls having a crush on a guy for months and even years and never doing ANYTHING about it because they are so terrified of rejection

Stop the hypocrisy guys
Yep. You know so much about my gender. That's why you can't get a girlfriend or even a date despite how supposedly fun, outgoing, and good looking you are. Rejection is part of dating for men and women. No one likes rejection, but it is part of putting yourself out there. You presuming to know so much about how women think and act when you can't get any of them interested in you to save your life is really entertaining. Carry on.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Then just be patient and persistent. It will happen for you.

I have believed this for many years and nothing has really changed. How much longer do I wait? Do I wait until I'm 90 years old?

Old 12-17-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Yep. You know so much about my gender. That's why you can't get a girlfriend or even a date despite how supposedly fun, outgoing, and good looking you are. Rejection is part of dating for men and women. No one likes rejection, but it is part of putting yourself out there. You presuming to know so much about how women think and act when you can't get any of them interested in you to save your life is really entertaining. Carry on.

You have to admit lots of women are hypocritical about rejection. They act like it's nothing to worry about and men are cowards for not enjoying rejection yet they won't even say "Hi" to a guy they have a crush on because they hate rejection so much

Old 12-17-2013, 10:49 AM

887 posts, read 1,100,019 times
Quote:
I have believed this for many years and nothing has really changed. How much longer do I wait? Do I wait until I'm 90 years old?
Unless you own that panel van, what else are you going to do?

Old 12-17-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
Unless you own that panel van, what else are you going to do?

Make something happen

It's better to die alone knowing that I at least tried vs just waiting around

Old 12-17-2013, 10:53 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,611 times
Maybe you're not as great as you think you are? At some point, you have to accept you are the problem.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:53 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Quote:
You have to admit lots of women are hypocritical about rejection. They act like it's nothing to worry about and men are cowards for not enjoying rejection yet they won't even say "Hi" to a guy they have a crush on because they hate rejection so much
And this hypothesis is based on what? I know a lot of women who will make the first move, or at least make their interest known to a guy they like. No one enjoys rejection. If you want to meet someone you have to put yourself out there and face rejection. There is no way to avoid rejection. You can either accept that it's part of life or you can refuse to put yourself out there and carry on here complaining. It really is that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships