Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 09:11 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,028,976 times

Advertisements

I'm just going to answer the question, I don't think these relationship forums are conducive to people who are married/LTR's b/c there is a bunch of negativity on here. It's also not good for Singles to see so much negativity. If your relationship works for you, let them be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 09:55 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,070,047 times
I think they can be harmful to those that aren't comfortable in their skin and try to be something they're not, in order to attract someone.

Up until this week, if I went by CD standards, I would never ever find me a man. EVER. I have a history of mental illness, have taken drugs for my depression, am overweight, was unemployed, not using my degree (but I have one, so I guess that's something), am introverted, am shy, can be lazy, not super ambitious but I have goals, have had WAY too many past sexual partners, will have sex early on, have fwb's, blah blah blah. I would think I could never find a man to like me, for me.

But men like me. Lots of men like me. Hell, some even find me downright sexy (I'm not confident in myself enough to say I'd agree, when in fact, I think they're blind as a bat).

But for me, I'm comfortable with myself and all my "flaws". I like me for me. I have learned to accept my introvertedness, my shyness, the fact that I love sex and will have sex when I want it and couldn't careless what he thinks. That yeah, I'm overweight, but if you want me to lose weight so you'll find me attractive, I'm secure in my own self to say, f-off. There will be men who love me for me. Chubbiness and all. And there will be men who will be absolutely disgusted by me. Whatevers.

So yeah, these forums can do harm to those that hate themselves and who try to be someone they're not. My two cents. If these forums are getting to you, embrace your shortcomings and know that a wonderful woman will find them endearing. You just have to find her. If I could love my crazy issue-filled mentally unstable ex unconditionally.....I'm sure someone will love you.

P.S. I think this forum is a joke anyways and I think most of the threads are started for the fun of it, not to be serious. But that's me. I guess I still have hope that people aren't as clueless as some come off to be.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:37 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
For people like me who have trouble attracting the opposite sex and lack confidence and can be insecure and get in a negative rut about women these worst fears and stereotypes about women get amplified in my head sometimes from what i read..

Its given me new insecurities things i was never insecure about or knew were huge hinderances like my height being shy etc came on my radar all of a sudden after reading these types of forums as huge negatives to women and made me even worse..[btw im not saying its one sided im sure struggling women feel the same about men after reading these types of forums]

I know theyres alot of good people here who even if therye giving generic cliche advice are trying to help but to read alot of the stuff i see on here and other sites like this makes me think the majority of people are shallow vain self absorbed whackos..

So while i appreciate sites like these and some of the good advice i think it can be more harmful at times then good
How does it compare to advice you receive in real life, and why are you on a forum?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-19-2013, 11:18 PM

219 posts, read 566,455 times
The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?".

Old 12-19-2013, 11:24 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
How does it compare to advice you receive in real life, and why are you on a forum?
I really dont ask for advice much in real life when it comes this type of stuff..Id feel pathetic telling my friends how much im struggling with attracting women and some of the reasons it might be

Old 12-19-2013, 11:33 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
It is like this drug addicts or any addicts will change when they want to . You can give then all the help and tools in the world but if they do not use them then what is the use .

One has to want to change for themselves no amount of wishing someone will change will work.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:17 AM

829 posts, read 465,907 times
This place is fun to come visit but you have to keep in mind these are 'drive-by' conversations written by people who just happen to see your post during a certain time period. And even though many of us may be in agreement about certain aspects of our advice to you we may on the whole have very little else in common or at least not enough to want to establish long term personal relationships with each other should we by chance meet. So the way I see it you are getting advice from people who are strangers to you and strangers to each other so you have to keep that in mind.

One thing I think could be beneficial to you would be to back away from the keyboard and get your hind-end out there and meet some real girls and learn how to interact with actual human women. Even though I`m sure there are some fine ladies here; their compassion and concern can only go as far as your computer monitor.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:09 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,335 times
The medicine becomes the poison

Old 12-20-2013, 06:13 AM

328 posts, read 466,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
i think they can be harmful to those that aren't comfortable in their skin and try to be something they're not, in order to attract someone.

P.s. I think this forum is a joke anyways and i think most of the threads are started for the fun of it, not to be serious. But that's me. I guess i still have hope that people aren't as clueless as some come off to be.
qft.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:30 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
It is like this drug addicts or any addicts will change when they want to . You can give then all the help and tools in the world but if they do not use them then what is the use .

One has to want to change for themselves no amount of wishing someone will change will work.
Very good point. But at least with a forum like this, there is feedback from all kinds of people, you just need to know how to filter it, what is helpful to your situation and what isn't.

I think blogs and articles can be worse than an interactive forum if you don't know how to read critically, and take someone's opinion as fact and truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships