Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 12:42 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Admittedly, I have not read this thread, only the OP and scanned for posts in response. I doubt I will read it if it's another tomato throwing contest.
It's not that long. I'm just curious to what 'Culture' Nila is from where no one dates and dating is a foreign concept. She sounds as if she is world traveled so how can the concept of dating be foreign to someone who has a large exposure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 05:42 AM

770 posts, read 1,177,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Seriously?? Did you see all the posts by guys here who said sex daily, let alone multiple times daily, is too much, and there's no way guys "need" it that often??? IF we're to go by C-D men (which generally isn't recommended), one can only conclude that young men can't possibly keep up with women (young or older), nor do they want to.
You should probably actually read the post I was responding to, as well as the post the one I responded to was in response to. "Seriously??" was exactly what I thought when I read that nonsense.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:06 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Seriously?? Did you see all the posts by guys here who said sex daily, let alone multiple times daily, is too much, and there's no way guys "need" it that often??? IF we're to go by C-D men (which generally isn't recommended), one can only conclude that young men can't possibly keep up with women (young or older), nor do they want to.

Oh, they can, just fine. This misconception is with those (including you) that think most women want sex daily, or even 4-5 times a week. Most don't. Lots are happy with once a week, if that. Thankfully I've gotten quite good at screening those people out very early in the dating process (or even pre dating process).

But, R4T, I know you can never miss an opportunity to denigrate/blame men, so carry on.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So if you define "dating" as "dinner and a movie", then hell, I hardly ever do that. To me, dating means spending time with each other, doing things together, outside of the home.

I agree, with a big caveat, what makes a date a date really is the pre planning of it. As in, lets get together Thursday night, or go running Sunday morning... the planning makes it a date, not what you do.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:22 AM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
According to Wikipedia definition,

dating means

Dating is a form of courtship consisting of social activities done by two people with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or as a spouse. While the term has several meanings, it usually refers to the act of meeting and engaging in some mutually agreed upon social activity in public, together, as a couple.
The protocols and practices of dating, and the terms used to describe it, vary considerably from country to country. The most common idea is two people trying out a relationship and exploring whether they are compatible by going out together in public as a couple who may or may not yet be having sexual relations. This period of courtship is sometimes seen as a precursor to engagement or marriage.[SIZE=2][1][/SIZE][SIZE=2][2][/SIZE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to the above definition, I can see why somebody never experienced "dating."

Old 12-20-2013, 10:32 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenwende View Post
I have no idea.

I dated some men, but I never dated my husband per se. I knew him from teh interwebz, but there was absolutely no romantic interest until the day we met. 12 hours later, we were a couple.

Yes, I have dated, but my serious relationships did not start with dating. It was pretty much as described above. Met, instant chemistry/connection at multiple levels, and that was it. At least with my adult relationships. None of this "trying the other person out" or "date multiple people at once to see who is a good fit." Nope. My relationships never started off as casual or lukewarmish. They were pretty intense and heavy from the very beginning.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:04 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
So, basically the takeaway from this thread is that everyone has different ideas of what dating is.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:08 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

But, R4T, I know you can never miss an opportunity to denigrate/blame men, so carry on.
Totally missed the point. Thankfully, I've never encountered a guy who wasn't thrilled to have sex multiple times daily, and I've posted so before. I find it interesting how you misread and misinterpret my posts on a regular basis. You have no idea the broad extent to which we agree on many points. Oh well.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:12 AM

52,255 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
So, basically the takeaway from this thread is that everyone has different ideas of what dating is.
LOL, yeah, pretty much...... the subject of what defines dating/love/sex appears to be fairly vast.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Totally missed the point. Thankfully, I've never encountered a guy who wasn't thrilled to have sex multiple times daily, and I've posted so before. I find it interesting how you misread and misinterpret my posts on a regular basis. You have no idea the broad extent to which we agree on many points. Oh well.

Your negativity towards men is pretty clear, it comes through in almost all your posts. They routinely say the woman is fine and the man in insensitive, or that the man is not good enough for them/the woman deserves better, or that there is something wrong with the guy. It is always about what the man can do or should do different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships