Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 03:44 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,104,386 times

Advertisements

Over the past few weeks, I've noticed a very distinct difference in the titles and subject matter of the threads on C-D. I read the titles and don't want to read any further. They seem so Jerry Springer-ish.

I've been here long enough to know that there will be questionable threads, but lately there has been an over abundance of what seems to be silliness.

The moderators had to put a stop to shortness threads. What will be next because someone doesn't "get" what they are told?

First, you are who you are. Not everyone is going to find you attractive or even LIKE you.

Second, for the most part, your looks can't be changed a lot. Like what you have, because there is always someone who wishes they had what you have.

Third, sex is wonderful. BUT it is not the whole relationship. If sex is all you care about, then pay for a hooker and don't go around hurting people who don't deserve to be hurt. Oh . . . But a hooker won't do your laundry or make dinner or help with rent, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 03:51 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Over the past few weeks, I've noticed a very distinct difference in the titles and subject matter of the threads on C-D. I read the titles and don't want to read any further. They seem so Jerry Springer-ish.

I've been here long enough to know that there will be questionable threads, but lately there has been an over abundance of what seems to be silliness.

The moderators had to put a stop to shortness threads. What will be next because someone doesn't "get" what they are told?

First, you are who you are. Not everyone is going to find you attractive or even LIKE you.

Second, for the most part, your looks can't be changed a lot. Like what you have, because there is always someone who wishes they had what you have.

Third, sex is wonderful. BUT it is not the whole relationship. If sex is all you care about, then pay for a hooker and don't go around hurting people who don't deserve to be hurt. Oh . . . But a hooker won't do your laundry or make dinner or help with rent, right?

If you don't mind dating a hooker they might.

But yeah, more than the usual amount of garbage threads lately.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:10 AM

250 posts, read 399,889 times
Perhaps it's just the holiday season which has been known to depress people prone to it? People (especially guys) who aren't the first picks in the dodgeball game of life need a place to ***** about it maybe?

Old 12-19-2013, 05:40 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
You are not crazy. There are a lot of "bottom of the barrel" threads lately.

There also are a couple of posters who repeatedly post every little thing that comes to them during their navel gazing, and use this forum like their own personal therapy session.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:50 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post

Yeah I agree, this forum has been completely overun with both outrageous and just plain stupid threads. This used to be a much more interesting place to visit...now it's almost impossible to weed through the absurdity and ignorance. Kinda sad. I spend more time reading the other boards now - I just get too annoyed at the silliness that is allowed here.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:57 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yeah I agree, this forum has been completely overun with both outrageous and just plain stupid threads. This used to be a much more interesting place to visit...now it's almost impossible to weed through the absurdity and ignorance. Kinda sad. I spend more time reading the other boards now - I just get too annoyed at the silliness that is allowed here.
When they split off the Non romantic relationship this forum lost a lot. You can only discuss Romantic issues a few hundred times before it get's a little crazy. Very limited content.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:27 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Lots of repeated threads also.

Tons of height threads. They got banned in the relationship forum, now they pop up everywhere else.

Then the insecurity threads from the same people again and again and again.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:33 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
If you don't mind dating a hooker they might.

But yeah, more than the usual amount of garbage threads lately.
I honestly think it's the time of year

There are just a lot of unhappy, frustrated and miserable people out there. These feelings become even more difficult to bear during the holiday season.

Coming onto an internet forum anonymously to vent those feelings is just an attempt to feel better, or at least in more control.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:37 AM

32,643 posts, read 48,015,234 times
Schools are all out for the winter holidays. Juveniles have more free tjme on their hands.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:40 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Schools are all out for the winter holidays. Juveniles have more free tjme on their hands.
Well, there's that too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships