Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 01:32 PM

1,115 posts, read 2,488,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I play a really hot elf with big boobs in Tera. Actually, most of my characters in such games sport feminine qualities and sexy features. I may even download Scarlet Blade just for the hell of it. I seriously can't stop laughing.

I don't watch music videos, but I do watch Game of Boobs. It's f*cking awesome. I love breasts, and sex scenes are awesome. (I watched it with a past partner of mine, and would with a future partner)

I am a woman.
This is interesting as I have a female co-worker who will also always play the most blatantly sexualized female character she can. The huge boobs, skimpy outfit, the whole ordeal. She loves it. I feel that some woman actually do feel empowered by playing an impossibly ridiculous sexy character. On the other hand, you have a good majority of women that get turned off by that because it's just NOT realistic and warping the real life perception of women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 01:33 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,339,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenwende View Post
I don't care. No one here has watched Game of Thrones?

It is rare, but there are vids were men are actually objectified.
It is pretty much my favorite show.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenwende View Post
I don't care. No one here has watched Game of Thrones?

It is rare, but there are vids were men are actually objectified.
I would probably watch it but I know my wife would be so turned off by it. Getting back to my original point, she always says she doesn't care at all if I watch that stuff, but we usually are watching stuff together (or are at least in the same room) and I can just see her being so disgusted by it through her body language. That's why I in turn feel guilty to watch it.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:36 PM

102,076 posts, read 107,068,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_grimace View Post
I'm curious, there is lot's of different media out there now that includes heavily sexualized impressions of women, or other pervy/sexual segments. TV, movies, music videos, video games, anime, books. Let's stick with the visual ones though for now. Those moments where there's nudity, sex, or other scenes and it's obvious it's catered to a man's fancy. I mean, just take any of your American Pie type movies, and they're filled with ****, ass, and other blatant sexualizing of women. Music videos are often filled with sexual innuendo and images, TV and video games are pretty bad, and don't even get me started on how women are portrayed in some Anime!

So when you're watching these scenes, how does your wife or girlfriend feel about it? When you're watching that American Pie movie and they are doing yet another upskirt shot, when you're playing that game and the female character is wearing a bikini and her boobs are jiggling all over the screen in a lavish cutscene that flys the camera under her legs too, or watching that anime where every girl is somehow magically only interested in sex and sex appeal and is constantly trying to get with men... how does your significant other feel about it?

My wife always says she doesn't care, but I feel like she actually does. If we ever happen to watch these scenes together, the girl's boobs come out and I can just read her mind and face, it's saying "Come on... reallyyy? Why...." Meanwhile, me as a guy will honestly admit to liking these types of scenes.... I'm not gonna lie, they were produced with my sex in mind anyway! But I feel guilty about it, since it is such a terrible representation of women... I don't want to enjoy the scene because I know my wife probably wishes it weren't there, even if she says it doesn't bother her.

So men of City Data, what's your thoughts on sexual media, and how do your significant others feel about you watching them? I'm curious to read your comments!
How old are you? even in my 20's I didn't know any guys who liked that cr@p. That's adolescent stuff. However, I've noticed that even in "mainstream" TV shows, directors try to shoot from an angle that shows boob down the neck of a woman's blouse. Mainstream TV is becoming increasingly sexualized, even on a subtle level.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How old are you? even in my 20's I didn't know any guys who liked that cr@p. That's adolescent stuff. However, I've noticed that even in "mainstream" TV shows, directors try to shoot from an angle that shows boob down the neck of a woman's blouse. Mainstream TV is becoming increasingly sexualized, even on a subtle level.
I'm in my mid 20s. Mind you I don't "love" this stuff or go out looking for it, (that's what you do when you hit puberty in your teens!) but when it happens in whatever I may be viewing at the time, of course I notice. As a man who finds women very attractive, I enjoy the scene, even if it is a fantasy. Like you said, you don't even really need to go look for it either, the sexualized camera shots in mainsteam TV is just one great example. Many commercials are really bad too, in fact, remember that Carl Jrs. Burger commercial from a few years ago? (link below)

SEXY HOT Kate Upton Carls Jr AD BANNED! - Super Commercial TV Ads - YouTube

I remember seeing this everywhere... EVERYWHERE. Over sexualization of women is happening everywhere, so you don't really need to look for it to find it. Do I think the commercial is dumb. Yes. Do I think it's wrong to represent women that way? Yes. But as a straight man did I enjoy it? Well yes, I'm not gonna lie.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:50 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,571,999 times
I don't mind. I might make general comments about outfits, like Lillith's silly pants in Borderlands, or the team of nerds who worked on the bounce and reverb of Miss Moxxi's rack with such attention to detail. But I don't hold it against the man, i.e., "How could you play this perverted game?"

We watch all the fun stuff.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:56 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,890,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
It is pretty much my favorite show.
Sorry about that. Missed that because I didn't immediately reply. Got up to do something else then wrote.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
We don't watch music videos or anime, and i don't really pay attention to what's going on, on the rare occasion SO has time for a video game. But sometimes the way women, often girls, are portrayed in media is eyeroll worthy because it seems very gratuitous. I find it more concerning when young men are overly invested in CGI women and not real-life ones, or can't distinguish between what they see in an image and how women really are.
This is definitely something that concerns me for the future generation of men. It's easy to start to think that the CGI women of games/anime or the overly sexualized women in music videos, TV, movies are the standard for what women should like! Displaying women this way has it's advantages as well, such as a positive, but HEALTHY, motivation to improve one's self, but it's really important FOR MEN AND WOMEN to be able to distinguish that the overly sexual stuff is just that... overly sexual and not real.

About the motivation bit, I actually used to be very overweight in my teens and literally one of my biggest motivations to finally lose weight was how men are portrayed in games, movies, TV as fit, healthy and toned. I know women who had gotten similar motivation from how women are portrayed in media. It won't work for everyone, but it's great motivation for a lot of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships