Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you been in a serious relationship but have never been on a date
I Have dated and have had a serious relationship 12 75.00%
I have Never dated and have had a serious relationship 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 04:49 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
My ex hubby and I went out for coffee once, after we had been married for 8 years. Other than that, the only time we were in restaurants were family dinners with my parents and sibs.

We did eat a lot of take out at home; does that count?
You already said in your thread you had been out on a date so you have to claim date credit

As a side note. The last date I went on the woman specifically asked me "This is a date right?". I responded "I asked you out to dinner, I picked you up, and we had drinks afterwards, of course it was a date". It was if she wanted to be absolutely sure that it was a date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 04:59 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I tried to make it similar to Nilas thread but it won't let me change the poll.
It pretty much comes down to:

"Have you ever had a date?"
Just to clarify, and to review the dating point on the other thread, it was about having the classic dating experience: guy gets girl's number, calls girl, sets up date in advance, they go on the date. Nila said she'd gone out to grab dinner with a guy, but it was spontaneous (I think I said something similar as well). It wasn't a pre-arranged event, marked on the calendar (mentally or otherwise), so therefore not a date by this definition. And note that this definition of "date" also excludes women asking men out. Raena said she's always done the inviting, which would put her outside the "classic date experience", too.

I don't know if you want to get that specific, OP, but having that definition might help guide people as they decide how to answer.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:04 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Just to clarify, and to review the dating point on the other thread, it was about having the classic dating experience: guy gets girl's number, calls girl, sets up date in advance, they go on the date. Nila said she'd gone out to grab dinner with a guy, but it was spontaneous (I think I said something similar as well). It wasn't a pre-arranged event, marked on the calendar (mentally or otherwise), so therefore not a date by this definition. And note that this definition of "date" also excludes women asking men out. Raena said she's always done the inviting, which would put her outside the "classic date experience", too.

I don't know if you want to get that specific, OP, but having that definition might help guide people as they decide how to answer.
Naw, I'll leave it alone. I'm hungry and it's time for me to go pick up my date anyway. Asta!

Old 12-19-2013, 05:06 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,993,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I don't think a date had to be pre-planned to qualify as a date. A date, at the very base level, is two people going out together who share potential romantic interest in each other. I don't think there's a deadline for asking someone out for it to qualify as a date...

Old 12-19-2013, 05:25 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
I have dated.

I have had relationships.

I still date My husband takes me out for "date night" once a week

Old 12-19-2013, 05:29 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I have dated.

I have had relationships.

I still date My husband takes me out for "date night" once a week
Can I borrow him?

Old 12-19-2013, 05:34 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,990,374 times
Well, that time when my hubby and I went out to coffee it was spontaneous, so maybe that doesn't count . And we went on foot, and I have no idea which of us paid.

When I said I went on one date before age 35, it was not that time with hubby. It was when I was 16, dinner and a movie with a guy from another culture (where, presumably, dating was a thing). We met up at the restaurant. Not sure if we planned ahead of time or split the bill.

Ok, it just felt like a date, alright?!? I am not sure if it met all the milspecs exactly.

Then I spent the night at his place and we went to breakfast in the morning, but I think all that was optional .

Old 12-19-2013, 05:34 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Can I borrow him?
LOLOLOL. I actually had a girlfriend "borrow" him one Friday night.

There was a movie they were both dying to see that I just did not want to see at all.

They went together and we all still joke about their famous "date"

Old 12-19-2013, 05:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
LOLOLOL. I actually had a girlfriend "borrow" him one Friday night.

There was a movie they were both dying to see that I just did not want to see at all.

They went together and we all still joke about their famous "date"
Tomorrow is Friday. ....

Old 12-19-2013, 06:41 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Well, that time when my hubby and I went out to coffee it was spontaneous, so maybe that doesn't count . And we went on foot, and I have no idea which of us paid.

When I said I went on one date before age 35, it was not that time with hubby. It was when I was 16, dinner and a movie with a guy from another culture (where, presumably, dating was a thing). We met up at the restaurant. Not sure if we planned ahead of time or split the bill.

Ok, it just felt like a date, alright?!? I am not sure if it met all the milspecs exactly.

Then I spent the night at his place and we went to breakfast in the morning, but I think all that was optional .
At 16 you spent the night at his place? How old was he? Was this ok with your parents?

The plot thickens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships