Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 08:38 AM

236 posts, read 232,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_Shroom12 View Post
Please little biscuit. I have read a ton of your posts up here and you are hardly in any position to judge me. Hardly. Yeah, yeah, you have no issues whatsoever and you are just the resident Dr. Phil up in here, right? So what my relationship is whack right now. It used to be great, and what do you have? Your hand? I was trying to help you out, bro, with the doll suggestion. And yes, silicone can be a great alternative. Especially when you spend 10 out of 12 posts whining about your lack of a woman and how you'll never have a relationship. At least I am working on mine, what are you doing? Whining about women everyday on CD? Effective strategy.
Nice non response. Thanks for the friendly advice, I'll pass. I challenge you to locate a post of mine, any post, where I've whined about my lack of a woman. I'll save you the time, you won't find it, because I've never done it. I've stated that I do not seek relationships, sex or anything else from women. I've made a conscious choice to do this. As is the original topic, relationships are not for me.

I can't get over the irony of someone who whines about men every day on CD complaining about men doing the same, though.

As someone stated above, I would probably check out of my relationship, too, if my partner were so bitter and jaded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 08:39 AM

328 posts, read 466,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBanned View Post
Nice non response. Thanks for the friendly advice, I'll pass. I challenge you

As someone stated above, I would probably check out of my relationship, too, if my partner were so bitter and jaded.
Naturally, it's all my fault. Because I has vagina. Yeah, my husband did/is doing nothing wrong. It's all me. I'm the one with depression that won't take the meds. I'm the one with PTSD that won't go get help. I'm the one that just sits around and never wants to go on dates anymore. I'm the one that "gave up" due to illnesses, ED, Low T, and etc. Riiiight. It's ALL my fault. Man **** this place ful lof know it alls and asswipes.

Mods, please delete my account ASAP. I'll do you all a massive favor. I won't be back.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Naturally, it's all my fault. Because I has vagina. Yeah
Relationship problems are rarely the fault of one party or the other exclusively. However, your reaction of bitterness and anger IS your fault. Just as my current situation is my responsibility.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:46 AM

570 posts, read 721,367 times
Quote:
Naturally, it's all my fault. Because I has vagina. Yeah, my husband did/is doing nothing wrong. It's all me. I'm the one with depression that won't take the meds. I'm the one with PTSD that won't go get help. I'm the one that just sits around and never wants to go on dates anymore. I'm the one that "gave up" due to illnesses, ED, Low T, and etc. Riiiight. It's ALL my fault. Man **** this place ful lof know it alls and asswipes.

Mods, please delete my account ASAP. I'll do you all a massive favor. I won't be back.
Bye bye

Old 12-21-2013, 08:59 AM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBanned View Post
This has always been true, and it is much more true for males. Something that the women on this forum will never seem to admit, is that there have always been and always will be many, many excess males. Simply stated, many more males than females will never find someone.

As an example, analysis of the DNA of humans reveals that about 80% of human females that have ever lived have reproduced, but that number is only about 40% for males. Males have always been cannon fodder, though, so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Seems like we're the losers, boys...evolutionarily speaking.
What? Quite the opposite. I know many unattached women, but there are very, very few unattached males at my age (fifties).

Old 12-21-2013, 09:04 AM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I agree but I guess it is human nature to want love. As long as you are happy, that is what matters.
Unfortunately, that's true! I was seeing a therapist for some time after my divorce, and one day I said, "Look, how about we stop trying to figure out how I can go find a relationship, since that doesn't seem to be in the cards for me? Instead, teach me how to stop WANTING love."

He laughed. LAUGHED. I was serious, and I told him so, but he said it is human nature to want love and what I was asking for wasn't possible. I was kinda grumpy about it, but I've come to a sort of peaceful existence where I know there are going to be times when I am going to be sad about being alone, yet I've had to accept that there isn't going to be anyone for me.

It's rough being human!

Old 12-21-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What? Quite the opposite. I know many unattached women, but there are very, very few unattached males at my age (fifties).
Anecdotes are not data, sorry. Sequencing the genome of modem humans to figure out the rates of parentage is data.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:57 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Perhaps love is not for everyone, but the men who come around C-D whining that they can't get a girlfriend because women are shallow and won't date bald men are not coming here to be told that they should resign themselves to being dateless. What they want is a secret way to change women into non-critical admirers of bald men.

So, it isn't going to do any good to tell them to resign themselves to being alone. And apparently, it also isn't doing a bit of good to inform them that "bald" is not what is holding them back.

If you would like, OP, we can appoint you as the official in charge of informing men that they are wasting their time and should give up.

Incidentally, I am not any good at basketball because I am not interested in basketball. But if I wanted to play basketball, I would practice skills and find a league to join that played at my level. It is not necessary to play on a professional team in order to enjoy playing basketball.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:47 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
It seems in just about everything else in life, most people can accept not everyone will be cut out to do it. For example, no one will argue that the guy who failed organic chemistry 3 times after putting in all the work shouldn't become a doctor. Most people would also agree that a person who's been in the gym for 5 out 7 days for the past 3 years and still hasn't much change simply isn't cut out to be a bodybuilder.

But when it comes to relationships and dating, for some reason, this all goes out the window? Apparently, everyone is cut out for dating and relationships and it's always the dateless person's fault for being lazy and or not trying hard enough. Why is it most people simply cannot comprehend the fact that some people out there are universally undesirable to the opposite sex and were never meant to reproduce? Why is it we simply can't just say "X is simply not cut out to be in a relationship or date"? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for personal responsibility and all that, but it's quite delusional to believe that your dating and relationship prospects are based on things entirely within your control. Some people really are not meant to ever be in a relationship. Simply saying they aren't working hard enough despite going their entire life getting rejected and that they should keep trying is the definition of insanity.

The Pill is 50 years old, people today often want love without having any desire to reproduce. So why should those "never meant to reproduce" (if such exist) be deprived of love?

Old 12-21-2013, 03:03 PM

377 posts, read 620,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
It's about 50% your control
That's interesting to hear coming from you given your posts in the past. Care to elaborate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
The issue is not whether one is "cut out" for it. The issue is what does a person WANT? I find it hard to believe that most people don't want human connection. If that takes a form of non-romantic relationships exclusively, then go for it.
The point here is not what people want, the point is that people don't always get what they don't want. There are many people out there who want relationships, but because of factors outside of their control (such as their universal repulsion to the opposite sex), they simply will never be in one.

Why is this simple fact of life so hard for you and others on here to accept?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships