Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 05:25 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Isn't that what pre-nups are for?
In the last 10 years judges have been line item vetoing and whole sale throwing out pre-nups. Also the pre-nup does not usually include things accumulate during the marriage of which the women will get more than half of even if she did not earn it and if you have a clause in the pre-nup stating otherwise it will likely be thrown out by the judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 05:46 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuenoOffenhauser View Post
She goes every year or two but seemingly doesn't find the time to mention this issue.

12 years, a few well spaced out, very indifferent and desultory hummers in between

The reality is that I'm done. Even if the situation got fixed short term it would remain a problem long term and I just no longer give a damn. Once I get her set up on new medical insurance and I'm satisfied that the investment portfolio is workable, I'm going to file for divorce. At 67 I have maybe 10 or 15 more years left and I'm not going to waste them here with someone who really doesn't give a fig about what I need or want.
Wait, what?! Did I just read that correctly? You haven't had sex with each other in 12 years? My jaw just crashed to the floor.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
12 years, a few well spaced out, very indifferent and desultory hummers in between
OKay, just read that bolded. how often were your hummers in between? Sorry, for asking but I'm really curious. I hope some people don't mistake a frequent but boring sex life with a sexless marriage. Those two things are not the same. Not that either is good, but I'm splitting hairs here, which I think needs to be done with these definitions.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:28 PM

131 posts, read 224,322 times
six months

Old 12-22-2013, 06:36 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I thought I was the only one and is this a major problem for most married couples. If so, why do women lose their sexual drive.
Just my opinion of course, but I don't think women lose their sex drive. It's just that we gals work so differently from you men. In the early months/years, when the sex is still newish, we get spun up pretty quickly. That's just normal...for men and women. The newness and the excitement is all there...and the switches all pretty much turn on all by themselves. But as time passes, and the passion is less frenzied, and life gets hectic (kids/work/whatever) it just takes a little more to bring that passion up to the surface. Men really don't work like this - at least not the guys that I have dated. One look, a touch or two...and the flag is rising. For the gal, well, we need more time, more cause, more oomph...than you do. I honestly think that those men that know this...that take the time to "turn on all the switches", properly , well, those marriages don't have this issue.

I mean, you might not like it that you have to put in some time...some effort...and if that's the case, then maybe you just shouldn't get married.

Just something to think about.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:41 PM

131 posts, read 224,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
maybe you just shouldn't get married.

Just something to think about.
Now there's a thought worthy of the name.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:51 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
OK, all you guys complaining about not "gettin' any", let me ask you a few questions:

Do you take your time and show your partner some real pleasure in making her feel good, as in maybe a nice massage, gentle kissing, adequate foreplay and making sure she gets pleasured properly?

Or is it all about you, slam-bam, etc. with no tecnique whatsoever...... Many women out there have HUGE sex drives but sadly it seems men are in short supply that know how to truly turn a woman on and make her actually WANT to have sex with you. I am a female in my 60s, still have a good sex drive, but out of a couple dozen sexual partners over my lifetime I am sad to report there was only ONE I considered a truly fantastic lover; one or two were decent and all the rest ranged from bad to worst. Maybe some of you could use some lessons!

I will say in a marriage it takes a lot to keep those fires burning, especially if you have been together a long time.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
six months
That's long.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:02 PM

It starts young.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
OKay, just read that bolded. how often were your hummers in between? Sorry, for asking but I'm really curious. I hope some people don't mistake a frequent but boring sex life with a sexless marriage. Those two things are not the same. Not that either is good, but I'm splitting hairs here, which I think needs to be done with these definitions.
Lmao! Did you just ask about his hummers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships