Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 04:16 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
It has always baffled me that men marry women who don't like having sex...and then expect them to magically like having sex once a wedding ring is on her finger. If your girlfriend looks hot but has sex with you out of a sense of obligation (and for some odd reason men can never tell the difference) then guess what...you aren't going to have sex when you are married.
So true! Hot looks don't always translate to hot in bed. We had a poll once where a majority of the guys said they'd prefer plain looks but hot in bed vs. hot looks but a dud in bed. But how many of that first group of guys would actually date plain or average or sub-average women? Santa isn't going to bring you a sex goddess disguised as a plain Jane. You have to go out and find her. And you need to have your priorities straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 04:18 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
There's a rising trend of sexless marriages in America, of which many are in denial.

If you're in one, male or female, you need to get out of it asap.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:22 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So true! Hot looks don't always translate to hot in bed. We had a poll once where a majority of the guys said they'd prefer plain looks but hot in bed vs. hot looks but a dud in bed. But how many of that first group of guys would actually date plain or average or sub-average women? Santa isn't going to bring you a sex goddess disguised as a plain Jane. You have to go out and find her. And you need to have your priorities straight.
That's why looks are not very high on my list, what she is willing to do in bed and how often is at the VERY top. Women who are horny and like sex wont mind when you bring it up early and often. If they get weird or play coy or just shut you out when you bring it up then you will know in a not so subtle way.

The sad thing is you generally have to go to average or sub average. Such is life. The reason you cant marry them is because there are a large number of women who will pretend to like things in bed and even do them a lot until they get a ring then they just want plain sex, nope not going down that road again.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
for the same reason you dont see the swimming pool guy much after you prepay for the construction.
i was only celibate once in my life, when married.
first time i had sex after divorce i was so angry. dont get me wrong it was great. its just that i realized i wasted 17 years of my life on a jerk who did not have sex with me.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-21-2013 at 04:38 PM..

Old 12-21-2013, 04:25 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
There's a rising trend of sexless marriages in America, of which many are in denial.

If you're in one, male or female, you need to get out of it asap.
The problem is divorce for a man can literally make him homeless or living hand to mouth for most of his life. Guys need to make radical changes in the way they do things otherwise its going to get worse.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:26 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
That's a very sad thing when it happens. It's a hormonal issue. The poor devoted husband and father doesn't know what hit him, in these cases. Divorce is usually the result. I'm surprised your poor friend has stuck it out.
It goes a bit deeper than just hormones with her.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
It has always baffled me that men marry women who don't like having sex...and then expect them to magically like having sex once a wedding ring is on her finger. If your girlfriend looks hot but has sex with you out of a sense of obligation (and for some odd reason men can never tell the difference) then guess what...you aren't going to have sex when you are married.
If they had known in the first place that their girlfriends didn't like sex, they wouldn't have married them.

Marriages oftentimes start out with a lot of sex but them over time it dwindles.

And other times, they start out by having lots of sex with their SO during the dating phase but stop the sex once they're married.

In other words, I don't think that many men intentionally marry women who they know don't like sex.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:27 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
I think that men's egos get stroked when they have a pretty girl in their bed or working on their little soldier. Their egos will NEVER allow them to believe that their "hot" girlfriend does not enjoy or even really want to have sex with them but do so out of obligation...girlfriend duty. My friends and I have had countless conversations about it. Once the ink is dry on the marriage license and a kid (or 2) is birthed there really is not need to keep up the charade.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
The problem is divorce for a man can literally make him homeless or living hand to mouth for most of his life. Guys need to make radical changes in the way they do things otherwise its going to get worse.
Of course, that's why you either need to protect your assets prior to marriage or don't get married at all.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I think that men's egos get stroked when they have a pretty girl in their bed or working on their little soldier. Their egos will NEVER allow them to believe that their "hot" girlfriend does not enjoy or even really want to have sex with them but do so out of obligation...girlfriend duty. My friends and I have had countless conversations about it. Once the ink is dry on the marriage license and a kid (or 2) is birthed there really is not need to keep up the charade.
It doesn't matter if the girl is hot or not, a hot or a not so hot woman can deny their husbands sex.

I don't think men should be criticized for wanting a hot wife.

Once again, people conceal their true intentions during the dating phase a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships