Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 05:34 PM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The other night in bed at the right time I told my GF very softly that I really enjoyed the last year and really looked forward to the next year.

Sexy adult talk goes a long way with the ladies.
I agree. I also think tone of voice, etc has a lot to do with it. There is a world of difference between saying "You are so beautiful" in a shy, timid voice while smiling up at her at her like a smitten teenager, and stroking her hand, getting close to her face, and whispering "You are so beautiful" while looking at her like you're thinking of ravaging her right there on the restaurant table. The first is a turn off, the second a turn-on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 05:44 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,993,938 times
Nothing mushy about that. I think it's a nice compliment. I thought you were going to break out the baby talk.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:50 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Nothing mushy about that. I think it's a nice compliment. I thought you were going to break out the baby talk.
I give a big to Bobs line. Very good and not mushy at all.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:20 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,279 times
would it come across as super " mushy " to send this girl a Christmas e card ?

Old 12-24-2013, 12:21 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,330 times
Meaningful, genuine, and mutually-felt mushy talk and "ILY's" are not a sign of weakness, IMO -- rather, they are a sign of strength and emotional intimacy, between two people who love each other!

Old 12-24-2013, 12:28 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,421 times
After 18 yrs, my husband still talks mushy to me and it still gives me a thrill. My Ex-Husband never did it. That might be part of why he is the ex.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Meaningful, genuine, and mutually-felt mushy talk and "ILY's" are not a sign of weakness, IMO -- rather, they are a sign of strength and emotional intimacy, between two people who love each other!
Right, but the OP and the girl have been on only two dates.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:00 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Right, but the OP and the girl have been on only two dates.
Ah OK I think I understand better now and I see more clearly, thx...I guess I must have missed that part, in the original post...

Old 12-24-2013, 01:06 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,038 times
Real women are turned on by the voice of their male lover and the things he says to her. In fact, it can be as stimulating as visualization is for men. I once dated a girl who asked me all the time to tell her stuff, stories, mushy stuff, it didn't matter. She loved it. Yes, the sappy overly mushy stuff can be a turnoff if done wrong. Often starting a bit mushy and leading into sexual or even dirty talk works well. Women like to simmer and build up. Talking to them is a key component for this.

The women on here who have responded that find talk a turnoff are missing out in my opinion. It'd be like me saying, "no honey, I don't care to see you naked."

Old 12-24-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Real women are turned on by the voice of their male lover and the things he says to her. In fact, it can be as stimulating as visualization is for men. I once dated a girl who asked me all the time to tell her stuff, stories, mushy stuff, it didn't matter. She loved it. Yes, the sappy overly mushy stuff can be a turnoff if done wrong. Often starting a bit mushy and leading into sexual or even dirty talk works well. Women like to simmer and build up. Talking to them is a key component for this.

The women on here who have responded that find talk a turnoff are missing out in my opinion. It'd be like me saying, "no honey, I don't care to see you naked."
Context is everything. Most of us are saying mushy talk has no place after 2 dates, not that we don't like it in an established relationship. OP has a history of coming off over-eager. Just trying to keep him from putting the girl on a pedestal and scaring her off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships