Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 12:37 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times

Advertisements

A cowboy who actually works for a living compared to a professional cowboy, a real cowboys ride is longer than 8 seconds.

I have a couple of Ford trucks, a couple of john Deere machines and never liked city living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 12:53 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
A cowboy who actually works for a living compared to a professional cowboy, a real cowboys ride is longer than 8 seconds.

I have a couple of Ford trucks, a couple of john Deere machines and never liked city living.
And you're taken.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:56 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I'm from a small Texas town. I'm probably more familiar with rodeos than anyone here. I have nothing against them, I just wouldn't want a man whose proudest moment in life is only 8 seconds on a cow.
Well, if those 8 seconds on a cow are really worth anything, you're also a millionaire. Just sayin'.

The "real" country boys are not working the rodeo circuit. I personally would not match up with the rodeo boys because they are traveling all the time, and many of them are players. The real country boys know how to work, have integrity, understand long term commitments and understand delayed gratification.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:04 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,017 times
You'll know legit man when you meet him...the rest just squabble about who is and isn't a cowboy.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:16 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
Well, if those 8 seconds on a cow are really worth anything, you're also a millionaire. Just sayin'.

The "real" country boys are not working the rodeo circuit. I personally would not match up with the rodeo boys because they are traveling all the time, and many of them are players. The real country boys know how to work, have integrity, understand long term commitments and understand delayed gratification.
Professional riders are a different breed.

"Real" country boys don't have to work the rodeo circuit to ride. Riding is something a lot of country folk do for fun, and some are really into it. And I do agree with you're assessment of country boys as an ideal.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:28 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
I am a weird country-city hybrid. I like the city, however, I like living in the country. I like to work in the city, but at the end of the day head home to a bit of a vegetable garden. I also wouldn't mind working with farm animals, however, I don't necessarily like butchering anything larger than a large fish.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:37 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmurphs View Post
This is such a random question haha. But I live in Columbus, Ohio and I just don't see many of them around here! I'm wondering which states/cities/towns have the most authentic country boys... you know, the boys that ride tractors, hunt, fish, bale hay, wear boots and flannel, drive trucks, drink sweet tea, love their mamas, etc.
Columbus is a long way from the country. Take a couple of days and head out toward Mt. Sterling, or London or Mt. Vernon, visit the local farm store, or grain coop and I'm sure you will find more country boys than you can shake a stick at.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-26-2013, 01:21 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I'm from a small Texas town. I'm probably more familiar with rodeos than anyone here. I have nothing against them, I just wouldn't want a man whose proudest moment in life is only 8 seconds on a cow.
IDK. Have you spent 8 seconds on the back of a bucking cow or horse?

Old 12-26-2013, 01:23 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I am a weird country-city hybrid. I like the city, however, I like living in the country. I like to work in the city, but at the end of the day head home to a bit of a vegetable garden. I also wouldn't mind working with farm animals, however, I don't necessarily like butchering anything larger than a large fish.
Honey, if your country you will have to do much better than that.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:45 PM

22,565 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmurphs View Post
This is such a random question haha. But I live in Columbus, Ohio and I just don't see many of them around here! I'm wondering which states/cities/towns have the most authentic country boys... you know, the boys that ride tractors, hunt, fish, bale hay, wear boots and flannel, drive trucks, drink sweet tea, love their mamas, etc.
Why on earth would you even expect to find "authentic country boys" living in a city?
You know that would make them city boys, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships