Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 08:35 PM

752 posts, read 2,086,207 times

Advertisements

How Modern Women Can Find Love When Its a Jungle Out There

Become part of a clique. Make sure it is women with similar interests to yours. If you lost contact with your high school group, now's the time to start anew. There is safety in numbers.

Flirt a little (just not “take me to bed” type flirting) It is a subtle art. Men enjoy it. You can flirt and not come off as desperate (it is all in your vibe, anyway)

If you are on a manhunt with a sense of urgency, stop it now. Men can sense this. Enjoy life more, whether you are with someone or not. If you haven't been on a date in like, 10 years, consider moving to a new town or making new (female) friends.

Quit putting out like it is going out of style. This is what is creating the mess of serial hookups and broken hearts and jerky men who start expecting sex on the first date. You can wait a while. If he is special and sees you as special, he can too. Wait a few months at least. If you are in high school, don't put out at all, not right now. It's not worth it.

Don't cohabitate with your main squeeze (read : “shack up”). It only leads to disaster. If he ever pops the question, it may be only after 5 years and an “oopsie” pregnancy (if that.) He's getting everything he wants out of this “arrangement” and it will benefit him more than you. Don't delude yourself into thinking it's a de facto marriage (because not all states recognize common law marriage.) I really think this practice should be made illegal (except in the case of gays, lesbians (who cannot legally marry in their state) and the geriatric crowd.

Read “The Rules” in its latest edition. It should be easy to find this on Amazon or similar. Read it and re-read it again if necessary. I do believe there is a new edition for the under-30 set, called “Not Your Mother's Rules” Do everything the authors say spot-on. Whatever the authors say about texting and Skype, do it. You can thank me later.

Pray about it. Your guardian angels are there to help you. Invoke their assistance.

If you are 30, 35 or even 40 and not married IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD! I repeat, it is NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. Gloria Steinem got married after that age. (I know, I think her husband died a few years later. ) And being childless is not as bad as you might think. There are adoption agencies out there. You can sponsor kids in Guatemala. And being a “crazy cat lady” is becoming more acceptable. Cats are awesome!

Be patient, and remember in the meantime there's always cats, kittens, puppies, other loving animals that will love you unconditionally. I got married at 34 which is old in terms of Southern culture, but maybe not the new American culture. I have 2 cats. And fish, and frogs and a dog. I did have hamsters but that's another story. (nope the cats didn't eat 'em)

Hope this is some help to all the single ladies out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 08:38 PM

888 posts, read 1,099,939 times
Yea! That's what I'm getting at!!!

Old 12-26-2013, 08:41 PM

I'm gonna publish this as a blog somewhere ...hopefully will help some frustrated single ladies

Old 12-26-2013, 08:46 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,802,378 times
If I don't find love, I am personally aiming toward crazy dog lady (cats are okay and all... but I am more of a dog person).

Okay, in all seriousness, there is a lot of good advice in there. Never read "The Rules" though. I think I am done reading relationship books. They all pretty much say the same thing anyway.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:46 PM

250 posts, read 399,889 times
WTF is "putting out"? Is sex some kind of gift from a girl to a guy? Not something you're both into?

GTFO of here with that crap. If you're not just as into me as I am into you, if you're doing me a favor by sleeping with me and feel like you're giving me a "gift" you can keep that prize of yours and I'll find somebody else who's actually exited about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post

Quit putting out like it is going out of style. This is what is creating the mess of serial hookups and broken hearts and jerky men who start expecting sex on the first date. You can wait a while. If he is special and sees you as special, he can too. Wait a few months at least. If you are in high school, don't put out at all, not right now. It's not worth it.

Hope this is some help to all the single ladies out there.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:54 PM

Women need to stop being so free and loose with their sexuality when it comes to guys that are undeserving of their time and attention. That's it in a nutshell. Nobody says you have to become a frigid old maid....just stop giving out sex like it is candy. Save it for someone special-deserving of your time and attention

Last edited by smoky_topaz; 12-26-2013 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 12-26-2013, 09:08 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,019,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post

Don't cohabitate with your main squeeze (read : “shack up”). It only leads to disaster. If he ever pops the question, it may be only after 5 years and an “oopsie” pregnancy (if that.) He's getting everything he wants out of this “arrangement” and it will benefit him more than you. Don't delude yourself into thinking it's a de facto marriage (because not all states recognize common law marriage.) I really think this practice should be made illegal (except in the case of gays, lesbians (who cannot legally marry in their state) and the geriatric crowd.
Some women don't want to marry for the same reason why men on here don't want to marry. After getting royally screwed by my ex husband in our divorce, I can tell you that it will be a cold day in H*** before I ever consider marriage again.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:37 PM

888 posts, read 1,099,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
WTF is "putting out"? Is sex some kind of gift from a girl to a guy? Not something you're both into?

GTFO of here with that crap. If you're not just as into me as I am into you, if you're doing me a favor by sleeping with me and feel like you're giving me a "gift" you can keep that prize of yours and I'll find somebody else who's actually exited about it!
Dude, wouldn't you be doing the same thing?!?

Old 12-26-2013, 09:59 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
What are the "rules" for Skype and texting?

Old 12-26-2013, 10:14 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times
You were doing good until you brought up the rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships