Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 12:25 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,165 times

Advertisements

No different than a 35 year old woman that is single and/or never been married.

They would both get the same response from the opposite sex.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:26 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,997,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedAzzro View Post
Many women have told me that it's suspicious to reach this age without ever being married. They get even more wary when you say you don't have a steady girlfriend. Of course I don't tell them the part that I've never had a girlfriend.
The no dates by 40 is a bit strange, but whatever.

My concern, if I met someone like this, would be about his overall desire for women. A man can easily remain dateless if he refuses to ask women out, right? I wouldn't want to get involved with a man who has no drive in that sense.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:30 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I suspect that he did have some offers. Like jma, he assumes he is "not the kind of guy women are attracted to relationshipwise," but he runs away when someone shows interest.

This is a classic manifestation of clinically low self-esteem. You can't respect anyone who is attracted to you because you hate yourself implicitly. And yet your narcissism cannot enable you to see yourself through others' eyes. This can be addressed through therapy.

Oh, I had no idea you were one of those guys. Guess I should have suspected you had a horse in the self-pity race
I resent being labeled a narcissist and I do not hate myself. Also backed off is a far cry from "ran away".

Old 12-28-2013, 12:38 PM

863 posts, read 1,128,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I suspect that he did have some offers. Like jma, he assumes he is "not the kind of guy women are attracted to relationshipwise," but he runs away when someone shows interest.

This is a classic manifestation of clinically low self-esteem. You can't respect anyone who is attracted to you because you hate yourself implicitly. And yet your narcissism cannot enable you to see yourself through others' eyes. This can be addressed through therapy.

Oh, I had no idea you were one of those guys. Guess I should have suspected you had a horse in the self-pity race
We're having a discussion, yet, for no apparent reason, you seem angry/sarcastic in your responses Maybe you need to seek anger management and get off your high horse? Oh, sorry if I'm now being judgmental towards you, someone who I don't know. By the way, I've never stated that I've never been with anyone.

Anyway, the reality for some is that they cannot find dates due to being unattractive. Sorry if I'm not being politically correct here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
I resent being labeled a narcissist and I do not hate myself. Also backed off is a far cry from "ran away".
She was "talking" to me.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:40 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,946,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedAzzro View Post
Many women have told me that it's suspicious to reach this age without ever being married. They get even more wary when you say you don't have a steady girlfriend. Of course I don't tell them the part that I've never had a girlfriend.
Who says you have to have a girlfriend?

Who says you have to be married?

Old 12-28-2013, 12:42 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
We're having a discussion, yet, for no apparent reason, you seem angry/sarcastic in your responses Maybe you need to seek anger management and get off your high horse? Oh, sorry if I'm now being judgmental towards you, someone who I don't know. By the way, I've never stated that I've never been with anyone.

Anyway, the reality for some is that they cannot find dates due to being unattractive. Sorry if I'm not being politically correct here.

She was "talking" to me.
She was using me as a reference point thus " like jma" .

Old 12-28-2013, 12:42 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post

Society, apparently.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:46 PM

863 posts, read 1,128,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post

Exactly. Many women forget that some men want nothing to do with relationships/marriage/may not want kids.

If people are going to criticize those men, we might as well criticize the people who's been in too many relationships. Why can't the people who has been in those relationships keep the person they are with at the time? Moreover, don't forget the rampant divorce rates. What are the issues with people who can't keep a marriage?

EVERYBODY has issues!

Old 12-28-2013, 12:57 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,682,675 times
It's really unfair for a few armchair psychologists to keep badgering those on this thread who don't conform to their perceptions of "normalcy".

Old 12-28-2013, 01:23 PM

22,568 posts, read 47,633,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
45 and just one date is not 'normal' either!
All the judgemental fools are out today. I'd tell you what you can do with that finger you are waving at me but i am a gentleman. Not every man is lucky enough to have his way with women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Who gives a flying fig? Like the dude said, it just hasn't happened for him yet. Hasn't met the right woman. Or maybe he has an IQ of 180 and has trouble finding people he can relate to on that level. Every individual is a bundle of unique circumstances and qualities. It's pointless to judge.
LOL!

Not judging, but telling the truth.
It is not the norm to be in your early-mid 40s and have had only one date.
The norm would be to have more than that by the time you get out of high school.

I don't have a problem with it at all. Some people are not cut out for the rigors of marriage, or even dating. But to say it is the norm is incorrect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships