Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 08:39 PM

307 posts, read 313,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Where was he for the 9 months???????? Did he ever explain?

And I don't think you REALLY like him. Otherwise, why would you not have gone out by now?
He kept saying he would only explain over "dinner" and unless i go to dinner with him I wont find out..and then he did call me once..and i missed the call..and when i mentioned it to him..he said well i did try to tell u but u didnt pick up the phone..and then he kept saying the dinner thing again..

but from what he messaged me he lost contact with everyone and was having a really hard time..but to this dayt i dont kno why..

i do like him but things have always gotten in the way..not to mention i have a huge amount of pride and am kind of shy at the same time too with regards to this stuff..so none of that has helped either

and now..obviously the nine months disappearance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
So I was reading your post and was like, she has a reason to feel slighted, and then like no I wasn't, and then I thought he is working on some things and then was like no, maybe not, and then I was like, she still lost me, and then I was like, I'm almost out of milk, and then was like, this is the last regular weekend in football, and then was like oh yeah, she was asking something, and I still think that it sounds like he needs to work on somethings
LOOOL.. i know it is complicated haha

but bottom line he disappeared for nine months..didnt even bother to contact me once..now has come back and is demanding everything and wants everything on his time frame..

he says he likes me..he says he really missed me..and tht he is sorry for disappearing for so long...
and now he just wants to start again and take me out on a date..seems like thts wht he is implying..

and me being half resentful.half full of pride have ended up pushing him away and saying the wrong thing at the wrong time and not really even agreeing to seeing him..and now hes stopped speaking to me altogether..isnt calling or messaging..

but what do i say to him now?

Old 12-29-2013, 08:46 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Ok, stop mentioning the 9 months thing.

You just sound really immature. REALLY immature and rather self-centered.

Here is what I would do, honest to God: Put up or shut up.

Go to dinner with the guy. Set things straight. Then either go out on a date with him or CUT HIM LOOSE. He hung around for SIX YEARS waiting for you to make up your effing mind about whether you liked him or not. Then he decided you were NOT worth it and cut off all contact, probably for his own sanity.

SO meet him, find out where he was and where he wants to go, and decide if you want that too. If you don't, tell him you won't be contacting him anymore so he can find someone else who cares about HIM.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:

Go to dinner with the guy. Set things straight. Then either go out on a date with him or CUT HIM LOOSE. He hung around for SIX YEARS waiting for you to make up your effing mind about whether you liked him or not. Then he decided you were NOT worth it and cut off all contact, probably for his own sanity.

SO meet him, find out where he was and where he wants to go, and decide if you want that too. If you don't, tell him you won't be contacting him anymore so he can find someone else who cares about HIM.
I understand where youre coming from... and yes iv stopped mentioning the nine months thing to him now..i said to him he can let me kno wht happened when he wants..and tht i will leave it up to him..

However just to go back to a point u made..I dont think he waited on me for six years..we wernt even in contact for that long..there were so many breaks in between..where we just didnt tlk for months lik this one..

I doubt he waited for me for six years..im pretty sure he was open to other girls..but i guess in the end he decided im the one he liked..or maybe didnt find one suited to his tastes..but do u really think he was WAITING? as opposed to being open minded and seeing if other girls came along?

Old 12-29-2013, 09:40 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Only he knows that.

So it seems that being apart for months at a time is NOT that unusual for you two.

Just talk to the guy. Find out what's up, and see where you both want to end up.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:24 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,511 times
Quote:

I highly concur. Gosh and if you're really friends, the natural thing to do once you got in contact again months or even years apart is to meet and catch up, isn't it? Coz it's what normal friends do ya know. And if you continue being a drama queen honestly just be prepared to live alone with bajillion cats. Ugh

Old 12-30-2013, 02:50 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
If what I read was the movie so far I wonder what the sequel is. lol!

Maybe he's an insurance salesman really only wanting to sell you a policy after 9 plus months.

Because of the twists and turns of this thread so far I can't wait for the ending.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:06 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post

What do I do now, in order to get him to be more responsive again?!!!!
Why would you want to do anything? Move along.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:23 AM

58 posts, read 150,242 times
To the OP: have some dignity. He is not interested in anything other than keeping you in the background, happy to know your attraction for him will continually feed his ego. Where was he for 9 months? Jail? Rehab? Having a baby? In the arms of another woman? People don't just disappear for no reason and I would be very suspicious of vague answers like "a tough time". So what. Life is tough for everybody. I don't buy it. He sounds like a narcissist and you are buying into his over inflated sense of self.
You have a right to a Real Relationship with a Real Person. He's either so psychologically damaged that any kind of relationship, friendship or otherwise, is toxic or he just needs to grow up. And you have to stop waiting for that magical chemistry you feel for him to catch up to the reality of the situation. Its not going to happen. If it was going to, it would have.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:05 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganLady View Post
To the OP: have some dignity. He is not interested in anything other than keeping you in the background, happy to know your attraction for him will continually feed his ego. Where was he for 9 months? Jail? Rehab? Having a baby? In the arms of another woman? People don't just disappear for no reason and I would be very suspicious of vague answers like "a tough time".

But the OP would rather continue the drama than bow out with dignity.

Jail and/or rehab were my guesses too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships