Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 04:38 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,969,713 times

Advertisements

I know we as humans are sexual creatures, but it bothers me a lot that even on a first date the issue of sex will come up. I don't try to give off this type of aura. I dress as conservatively as possible, am interested in many topics such as art and classical music, share my interests with my date..but for some reason the conversation always comes back to sex. Even a small comment, such as 'you have such nice lips'. Is this really a compliment? My best male friend constantly asks me to take pictures of my chest and lower body area and text or "sext" them to him and I always tell him I do not want to. But he persists. It's like he won't give up and I have begun questioning our friendship. Even an ex who I consider a friend does this. I know they should probably be dropped, but I hardly have any friends as is.

I'm almost 30 (now 28) and fear that I will never date again due to this instant turn-off I have. What happened to giving it some time before such matters were discussed. I really don't want to bring race into this, but I am a black woman dating primarily black men, and I'm just thinking maybe I need to date outside of my race. I mean, you never know. Maybe it will be the same, maybe it won't. I honestly think a break is in order and I'll resume dating when I am 30.

I honestly just would like some friendly conversation. Is this too much to ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 04:43 PM

51,891 posts, read 52,278,409 times
I don't know what kind of dudes you go with, but I've never brought up anything remotely sexual at first with a woman... and a lot of guys I know follow suit. I usually wait till she says something or jokes around about it first....

Old 12-30-2013, 04:45 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,980,354 times
Your "friends" who want you to send photos of yourself like that are NOT FRIENDS.

As far as the conversation with a date goes when the topic comes up change the topic and if they persist and you are not comfortable tell them you do not discuss your sexual activities on a first, second, third date, etc.
If they still insist leave and tell them why you are leaving.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:49 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,237,594 times
You probably do have nice lips

Old 12-30-2013, 04:50 PM

19,959 posts, read 30,011,147 times
chow is right,,,ive never made comments like that - to make a girl feel uncomfortable,,

first dates are just that ...its like an interview.....2nd dates are different,,,so have many first dates and weed thru the guys...
you will come across one you will like..

not all guys are pigs

Old 12-30-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't know what kind of dudes you go with, but I've never brought up anything remotely sexual at first with a woman... and a lot of guys I know follow suit. I usually wait till she says something or jokes around about it first....
I'm questioning this myself...and considering visiting a psychiatrist to help me sort these things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Your "friends" who want you to send photos of yourself like that are NOT FRIENDS.

As far as the conversation with a date goes when the topic comes up change the topic and if they persist and you are not comfortable tell them you do not discuss your sexual activities on a first, second, third date, etc.
If they still insist leave and tell them why you are leaving.
I agree CSD - I mean, I guess courting is non-existent in this day and age. I don't want to be considered a "prude" but I also don't want a guy to think this subject matter is appropriate..

Old 12-30-2013, 04:53 PM

888 posts, read 1,096,171 times
No offense OP, but the very first thing you lead off with was sex. To me, that is opportunity. I can be subtle or blunt, buyt you approached me with the concept. I suspect you attract men like me

Old 12-30-2013, 04:54 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,934,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I know we as humans are sexual creatures, but it bothers me a lot that even on a first date the issue of sex will come up. I don't try to give off this type of aura. I dress as conservatively as possible, am interested in many topics such as art and classical music, share my interests with my date..but for some reason the conversation always comes back to sex. Even a small comment, such as 'you have such nice lips'. Is this really a compliment? My best male friend constantly asks me to take pictures of my chest and lower body area and text or "sext" them to him and I always tell him I do not want to. But he persists. It's like he won't give up and I have begun questioning our friendship. Even an ex who I consider a friend does this. I know they should probably be dropped, but I hardly have any friends as is.

I'm almost 30 (now 28) and fear that I will never date again due to this instant turn-off I have. What happened to giving it some time before such matters were discussed. I really don't want to bring race into this, but I am a black woman dating primarily black men, and I'm just thinking maybe I need to date outside of my race. I mean, you never know. Maybe it will be the same, maybe it won't. I honestly think a break is in order and I'll resume dating when I am 30.

I honestly just would like some friendly conversation. Is this too much to ask?
bla bla bla bla. Hey wanna talk about sex?

Old 12-30-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
chow is right,,,ive never made comments like that - to make a girl feel uncomfortable,,

first dates are just that ...its like an interview.....2nd dates are different,,,so have many first dates and weed thru the guys...
you will come across one you will like..

not all guys are pigs
It made me feel uncomfortable. I think the first sign was during the movie when he wanted to hold my hand and started rubbing it using the "your hands are so cold" excuse. Awkward. I mean, how do I get out of that type of situation? I was just hoping he'd stop! He must have held and rubbed my hand for about a half hour.

Maybe after this he thought it was okay to bring up a more personal conversation during dinner. My fault.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
No offense OP, but the very first thing you lead off with was sex. To me, that is opportunity. I can be subtle or blunt, buyt you approached me with the concept. I suspect you attract men like me
Well, how can I do the opposite of this? Please share your sentiments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships