Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2014, 05:48 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times

Advertisements

You spent most of that quarter century being a kid who could live with virtually no independence whatsoever, though. It's not so bad, really. It's not like 25 years of your adult life is gone, or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 05:53 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
You spent most of that quarter century being a kid who could live with virtually no independence whatsoever, though. It's not so bad, really. It's not like 25 years of your adult life is gone, or anything.
It's a milestone age though. And I've been 'independent' for 2 years now.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:56 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
It's a milestone age though. And I've been 'independent' for 2 years now.
Bwahahahaha!!! I remember getting carded when I was 24 or 25 - and I thought, "I'm SO much older than 21! Why am I still getting carded!" I laugh at that now! 2 years is nothing!

Old 01-01-2014, 06:00 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Based on this theory most men don't have any value either.

If the qualification for viability for a woman resides in her reproductive capability, it follows that 9 out of 10 men are also surplus to requirements. The human race just does not need them to procreate.
There's only one bull in with the heifers and one session can impregnate every cow who wants a calf.

So how does it feel guys? . You've gone straight from King of the Walk to Totally Useless by your own ridiculous standard!
I'm actually a bit more generous than you...expanding the range of "desirable men" out to the top 20% or so. You're admitting right here that only the top 10% of men are worth anything to the female half. Maybe you do get it!

If you want to really get down in the mud, here's the deal: Women are the selective sex but most don't really need men any longer for traditional provider roles. Or if the women can't provide for themselves there's always the government for the more desperate and pathetic ones. That means most men are almost totally useless from the female point of view. They exist to make your life comfortable basically...change your oil, pick up your garbage, that sort of stuff. Only a select few...the top 10%, 20%, whatever the grey area cutoff is between "desirable" and "not desirable", are worthy of sexual attention to women as a group. So it is in the animal kingdom. When it comes to being male, there are lot's of losers and few winners. Now that the fortunes of women have become decoupled from the fortunes of men, women are basically free to chase what appeals most to them, and there aren't enough of those guys to go around (rich, bad-boy, tall and handsome...whatever it means to the individual.)

These modern loathsome guys who you love to mock are basically just reacting to modern women's behavior and trying to get into the club of "desirable" guys so they can get laid. If women rewarded good but boring guys with stable but boring jobs, there wouldn't be much complaining on either sides of the aisle because there are plenty of those guys to go around. But they don't.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:06 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I'm actually a bit more generous than you...expanding the range of "desirable men" out to the top 20% or so. You're admitting right here that only the top 10% of men are worth anything to the female half. Maybe you do get it!

If you want to really get down in the mud, here's the deal: Women are the selective sex but most don't really need men any longer for traditional provider roles. Or if the women can't provide for themselves there's always the government for the more desperate and pathetic ones. That means most men are almost totally useless from the female point of view. They exist to make your life comfortable basically...change your oil, pick up your garbage, that sort of stuff. Only a select few...the top 10%, 20%, whatever the grey area cutoff is between "desirable" and "not desirable", are worthy of sexual attention to women as a group. So it is in the animal kingdom. When it comes to being male, there are lot's of losers and few winners. Now that the fortunes of women have become decoupled from the fortunes of men, women are basically free to chase what appeals most to them, and there aren't enough of those guys to go around (rich, bad-boy, tall and handsome...whatever it means to the individual.)

These modern loathsome guys who you love to mock are basically just reacting to modern women's behavior and trying to get into the club of "desirable" guys so they can get laid. If women rewarded good but boring guys with stable but boring jobs, there wouldn't be much complaining on either sides of the aisle because there are plenty of those guys to go around. But they don't.
No a smart person does acknowledge the good in both sexes. They know of their achievements and will praise them.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Bwahahahaha!!! I remember getting carded when I was 24 or 25 - and I thought, "I'm SO much older than 21! Why am I still getting carded!" I laugh at that now! 2 years is nothing!
Well I feel like I've come a long way since 20/21 when I was still living at home. I rarely get ID'd because I don't drink, but I always do if I ever have to buy alcohol for other people as I still look 17 (which is generally a huge disadvantage).

Old 01-01-2014, 06:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Well I feel like I've come a long way since 20/21 when I was still living at home. I rarely get ID'd because I don't drink, but I always do if I ever have to buy alcohol for other people as I still look 17 (which is generally a huge disadvantage).
My point is that you are talking about 2 years being a big deal when really it's just a drop in the bucket. You'll look back on this when you are in your 30's and laugh. I'm not trying to be mean - we've all been there. It's like when you are a teenager and someone calls you a "kid" and you think, "I'm NOT a kid! I'm 16!!!" Now I LOVE it when my neighbors call me a "kid!"

Old 01-01-2014, 06:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Wait until you are 36 and talked down to until you speak. Then they are scratching their heads.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My point is that you are talking about 2 years being a big deal when really it's just a drop in the bucket. You'll look back on this when you are in your 30's and laugh. I'm not trying to be mean - we've all been there. It's like when you are a teenager and someone calls you a "kid" and you think, "I'm NOT a kid! I'm 16!!!" Now I LOVE it when my neighbors call me a "kid!"
Well 16 year olds are kids. I would consider someone calling me a kid as patronizing, why wouldn't you? It implies that you're still living at home and not taking any responsibilities. Lots of people my age have responsibilities and even young children while other people stay living at home until their 30s and beyond.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:24 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
So which are you? Frustrated that you look like a kid, or upset that despite this, 25 years have passed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships