Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2014, 02:06 AM

3 posts, read 5,186 times

Advertisements

Been hanging with a girl for a bit. Both in early 20s. When we hang out in groups she touches my arm or shoulders a lot, hits me (teasing), makes jokes about things i like/ dont like, smiles and laughs a lot at everything i say etc. Classic signs of moderate interest. But when times come up for it to be just me and her, she finds a way to escape being a lone with me. She always seems to need a winggirl. If the wing girl leaves or isnt around She'll say she needs to go to sleep early or she will sit on another seat so shes not next to me or some excuse.

I know some girls (especially young girls) are just touchy and flirty with guys because they like to play with them. So my question is, if a girl had genuine interest, wouldnt she try to promote times when it would be just me and her by ourselves? maybe shes nervous but i highly doubt it. I want to make sure Im aggressive enough to not end up in the friendzone, but I dont want to push her so much she runs away. Ive always heard the phrase from doc love "if she likes you, she'll help you" This seems like she is not helping me so Im wondering if she doesnt like me. Any advice? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 02:59 AM

2,250 posts, read 1,395,918 times
It sounds like she may have interest, or she just has the personality type of someone who is in interested but touches your arm and jokes with everyone. She may want the wing girl because she's actually nervous and scared to be alone. Like training wheels, really. Don't push too hard or else you're going to drive her away, kill the interest, or end up in jail. I don't remember who told me this but i was once told, "You have a month upon meeting her to make your move. After that you're locked up". Even if you have to risk the friendship and just blurt it out that you want to take things further, or just, you know, ask her out.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:08 AM

308 posts, read 398,384 times
Ask her out. If she declines, move on.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:21 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VansMan View Post
Been hanging with a girl for a bit. Both in early 20s. When we hang out in groups she touches my arm or shoulders a lot, hits me (teasing), makes jokes about things i like/ dont like, smiles and laughs a lot at everything i say etc. Classic signs of moderate interest. But when times come up for it to be just me and her, she finds a way to escape being a lone with me. She always seems to need a winggirl. If the wing girl leaves or isnt around She'll say she needs to go to sleep early or she will sit on another seat so shes not next to me or some excuse.

I know some girls (especially young girls) are just touchy and flirty with guys because they like to play with them. So my question is, if a girl had genuine interest, wouldnt she try to promote times when it would be just me and her by ourselves? maybe shes nervous but i highly doubt it. I want to make sure Im aggressive enough to not end up in the friendzone, but I dont want to push her so much she runs away. Ive always heard the phrase from doc love "if she likes you, she'll help you" This seems like she is not helping me so Im wondering if she doesnt like me. Any advice? thanks

Sounds to me like she is just a big tease. Some women behave like this for the "EGO BOOST". It boots their ego when they know that there
are men around that are interested in them. If you are interested in her than ask her out. If she says no then keep it moving my friend.
Never allow a woman you are interested in to put you in the friend zone. Your time is too valuable and every minute you waste on her is a minute you could be pursuing other women. Time to grow some balls dude. Make a move.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:28 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
What culture was she raised in?

Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,106 times
Quote:
So my question is, if a girl had genuine interest, wouldnt she try to promote times when it would be just me and her by ourselves
Yes. Any girl or woman who is really interested in a man lets them know it, without equivocation. It sounds to me she is mildly flirting and flirting without intent. Millions of people of both genders do this and do it innocently. If she was interested in you, she would be doing things like: touching you A LOT, touching your hair, complimenting you, extreme proximity and most importantly:

EYE CONTACT

Also constantly being where you are.

It's not rocket science: when a woman wants you, she makes it known.

She does not sound like she's especially into you. Just ask her out and find out.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:11 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Sounds to me like she is just a big tease. Some women behave like this for the "EGO BOOST". It boots their ego when they know that there
are men around that are interested in them. If you are interested in her than ask her out. If she says no then keep it moving my friend.
Never allow a woman you are interested in to put you in the friend zone. Your time is too valuable and every minute you waste on her is a minute you could be pursuing other women. Time to grow some balls dude. Make a move.
x100

If a woman has interest in you, she will let it be known and will want to hang out with you 1 on 1.

On the off chance that she is playing coy, playing games, playing hard to get, then screw her. She loses out on you.

More likely, she just wants your attention and just wants to be desired, the worst kind of woman. Move on.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:18 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,652 times
I agree with the previous posters, she sounds like either a flake, or a little girl too scared to make a move. My bet is on the first.

To be honest, some women really do use flirting as an ego boost, even if its subconscious. It makes her feel better about herself. Either way, she's immature. Sorry, OP

Old 01-03-2014, 10:07 AM

109 posts, read 157,003 times
Oh, dude, love is in the air! She definitely has a crush on you, all the telltale signs are there. The playfulness in the group settings, the shyness in one-on-one settings, that's a huge indicator of a crush.

But, she's clearly not confident in her chance of dating you. She might feel that you are "out of her league". Perhaps her self-esteem is lower than it should be (just speculation).

There are ways to get around this.

1) Return the affection: She's always playful in group settings, teasing you, touching your hand, etc. Maybe you should do the same to her. Drop some small hints that you like her back, and her confidence may improve.

2) Open her up: She's shy when it's just the two of you, so instead of letting the awkward silence drag on, try to get her talking. Make small talk about the weather, your weekend plans, maybe gossip about a mutual friend (it's a stereotype, but it's a legit one: girls love to gossip).

3) Compliment her: Girls love to receive sincere compliments, really about anything. Tell her she looks nice, tell her she looks great in that dress, small stuff like that. However, when you're alone, you can go further. Tell her she has nice hair, a nice smile, etc. If you're in the zone and you want sex, compliment her on her body. If you're feeling romantic, tell her that she has beautiful eyes. And use the word "beautiful", chicks love that.

With any of these first 3 options, it's vital that you don't overplay your hand. Assess the moment and determine how much you can get away with. If you overdo it, she will flee. But if things get hot between you two, then you have the option to...

4) Fess up: Tell her in the most straightforward terms that you're into her. Since she likes you, this should result in a positive outcome. Maybe not dancing in the moonlight, but at the very least, she should fess up as well and admit her crush on you. Remember, this is only if things really heat up. If you do this prematurely, be prepared for her to flee.

Good luck, Romeo

Old 01-03-2014, 10:10 AM

109 posts, read 157,003 times
Okay I've now bothered to read the previous posts and I'm beginning to rethink if she actually does like you. But either way, give it a shot. If nothing works, then I guess she is just a flake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships